KRW 40 released

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Re: KRW 40 released

Post by ShadowX7 »

Well, now since Clay Doll got upgraded, does this mean she's stronger than Terror now?

It sure sucks being Saeko, 1 minute she's owning everything, the next she got beaten in 1 hit
So is it possible... Nazca Extreme?

Also, that white suit guy, he works for Ryubee. Does that mean Ryubee still has plans for Saeko?
Or did the white suit guy really meant it when he said he wanted Saeko to return as the head of Museum?
Is he a Dopant as well?

So many mysteries, and only 8 episode left...

Anyone notice that Terui has also been Nago-fied, just like in Kiva (Button crazy guy got turned into a comedic relief)
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

HR Giger called, he wants to have a word with the costume designer.

The cliff-hung fight ended with a whimper, the middle of the episode had a few holes in it (and how exactly does the fusion scene get past the radar) but the end made up for most of it. I still feel like a scene is missing, but I'm guessing we'll see that eventually. Also, Ryuubei solidifies himself as a badass villain by saying that 24 episodes or so of Fridge Logic* was invoked on purpose.

Don't talk about the episode previews. Next time will be 1 week ban

*-in spoilers for tl;dr
Spoiler
At the end of episode 16 (the one where they get Fang), Museum clearly knows who W are and could easily find where they live. Up until now, I figured either Museum still put W on low priority or this was a textbook case of Fridge Logic.
Last edited by Phoenix512 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't talk about previews
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Akiko really did have have some Good development with this episode. Despite her meddling, & hijacking everyone to reshoot a movie, she really exemplified that she really wants to change people for the better, heck she even gave Wakana a lecture. Akiko is even keeping Philip from giving up hope about saving this family, even going to far as to tell he's got a new family with her & Shotaro, I really hope they keep her focused for the final few episodes an tone down the slapstick stuff with her.

Ryubei's plan certainly was well thought out, using all the data from the previous battles in order to perfect Wakana into I guess the perfect being for his plans, he really takes evil to a whole new level. Also the symbol on the case kinda looks like a modified Daishocker symbol.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

Man oh man. So Ryubee had planned to give the most powerful Memory to Wakana from the get go, and intentionally let the heroes do as they please in order to complete his own master plan? Now I'm even more scared of him. What we all thought as plotholes were purely intentional. It doesn't get any better than that.

Not the first time W's design got negative response, and not the first time the team came up with weird ideas for hero/monster design. But they certainly got an A+ for concepts. The truth about Claydoll Memory; shocking. The Memory that was looked down on, was actually one of the most powerful.

So Final Illusion with Joker=rainbow laser and Final Illusion with Metal=protective barrier. Nice, now I have another combination to look forward to.

The central idea in this episodes arc was great, Akiko got some really good lines here, and that slipper whack was totally unexpected. Now if only they toned down the sillines and the slapstick stuff with her, I think this episode would've been pure win.

Ryuu doesn't do much in this arc other than wearing a stupid costume with a straight face, but that last scene redeemed him. It was just like him to be mad at himself for running away from anything let alone a kiss.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Leonite Rider »

So now Clay Doll is Clay Doll XTREEEEEEEEEEEME huh? Oh well, I like the concept.

Gene reminded me WAY too much of Wataru, with the notebook.

Gene isn't the first memory to go with a non-dopant break, that was the Q memory, the prototype was broken Dopant style, using XTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME, but the actual copy was broken by Trial physically.

I'm not buying Wakana's change anymore, she's smart so she's probably running a Xantos Gambit behind her father's back, ala Astronema to Dark Specter after brainwashing... ah, clever Toei. Though I exect that Terror will go 1 winged angel in the final fight, into Terror XTREEEEEEEEEME.

And no, I will not stop using XTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME, I WILL make it a meme, even if I need to find a Meme memory.
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

It already IS a meme...
Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Leonite Rider »

You have a point. Whoops
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

ShadowX7 wrote: Anyone notice that Terui has also been Nago-fied, just like in Kiva (Button crazy guy got turned into a comedic relief)
Difference is he was always like this. It's just that his whole Revenge thing got in the way of showing his true self.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

takenoko wrote:
Kamen Rider Raven wrote:Dark Kabuto using the Hyper Zecter.
Kabuto had to take the Hyper Zecter from a guy who was already using it. Did that count?
I was thinking about that actually. I don't count that because Caucasus was only using Hyper Clock Up, whereas Tendo used it to change into Hyper Kabuto. I always wondered why we never got a "Hyper Caucasus". Oh well. What I was saying is that I don't recall seeing a villian use the same power up as the main rider to assume their ultimate form. Unless something like that happened in the showa era.
CrimsonJoker
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Actor?: David Tennant
Favorite Band: Gackt
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Doctor Who

Post by CrimsonJoker »

takenoko wrote:It's BIKKAA FINARYUUJION
ビッカーファイナリュージョン

Which to me is more of a phonetic representation of Final Illusion read fast than a deliberate attempt at making a new word. I could be totally wrong about this, considering there's Bicker and Strizer, but it doesn't really make sense to me that they'd make up a new word here that looks so much like the two original words
Bicker I think is supposed to be Buckler. And Streizer is I think bad german. Streise means Streak. Fang Streaker... mind back out of the gutter. Similarly, the Glanz in Accel Glanzer(Ryuu's kick) means Gloss.
Image Image
Image Image
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Well it make sense they use the same xtreme power up. They are from the same power source. That hole in the ground. Logically anyone would have a xtreme. Even Terui.
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

First of all, thanks a lot for the release.

Now on to business, the Akiko side of the story seemed a bit silly, i do not like her that much as a character but she definitely it is not useless, it is just that her methods are a bit wacky, she has good intentions but her aproach to things could certainly improve.

The Museum side of the story was quite heavy on development, which made a weird contrast, i found it interesting that W is somehow part of the Museum movement, even if they don´t know, adding that element to the mix has made the story quite interesting, particularly with the last episodes, though i wonder if they will be able to wrap everything up by the end.

Clay Doll Extreme looks kind of weird, it looks evil and all, heck, it seems even more evil than terror, but it resemblences some kind of furniture, like a lamp, a really evil and powerfull lamp.

BTW, i totally loved the "Despair is at the end of my goal" part.

PD: I´m new around here by the way, been watching TVN for a couple of years now, but i just recently joined the forums.
Darkster
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
Favorite Actor?: Jackie Chan
My boom: takoyaki
Quote: Because Takumi is Takumi.

Post by Darkster »

I don't see why you're quoting this, so I'm just snipping it

Stephen King: "The lamp is going to get you. Who's afraid of the big scary LAMP MONSTER!" Terui wasn't worthless in this episode. That's always good. :lol:
TrueZero
7X
Favorite series: Shinkenger, W
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
My boom: Detective Conan

Post by TrueZero »

Ok, for Clay Doll Extreme, I think it's meant to be more like a Stone Idol more than anything now, hence the lack of legs.

Bicker Final Illusion, if we use Joker we get Beam Spam, if we use Metal we get Barrier, anyone else think that Trigger results in a single cannonball style shot with all of the power incorporated into it?

As for Saeko-Bitch Sonozaki, I have to say she's really had a lot of development this series. Think about it, first off she is the dominant half in the Kirihiko-san/Saeko relationship, then she gets together with Weather who decides to join her in taking over the Museum, and now that he's dead and dissolved (Can't really say dead and buried with him or Kirihiko-san can I? At least Kirihiko is now part of Fuuto's wind, which is fitting for the guy.) she's on the run, unknowingly still furthering Daddy Ryubee's goals for Fuuto. Now that she's out of the Museum and Wakana-chan's been brought up to the plate. All I can say is these three Dopants had best get the endings they deserve to have.

By which I mean that I want R-Nazca/Saeko destroyed or at least Memory Broken and arrested, Terror gone and Ryubee forced to watch as his plans go to waste, and Wakana-chan free to live her own life as she wishes to.
I don't have anything to put in here right now.
Darkster
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
Favorite Actor?: Jackie Chan
My boom: takoyaki
Quote: Because Takumi is Takumi.

Post by Darkster »

What? Saeko shows the least development. Wakana goes from being a child to an adult then to a head-villain. That's more development. Phillip I think shows the most development since now he seems to show more emotion than before. He used to think more rationally, but he's becoming more emotional than Shotaro.

Return to “Kamen Rider W”