KRW 44 released

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KRW 44 released

Post by takenoko »

That was touching. Ryuu has really improved a lot as a character

Akiko was cute in that dress at the end
Alkaid
Boyz boyz boyz
Favorite series: Rescue Fire/Double
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o/Magi/Deka
Dreamy: Philip/Shoutarou
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Qsuke!

Re: KRW 44 released

Post by Alkaid »

Quite true; Ryuu's improved from someone bent sent on revenge to someone who's willing to forgive and puts trust in the people around him.

Spoiler
Still not sure how I feel about Akiko x Ryuu. It seemed more forced than truly put together (and much more on Akiko's end with her feelings for him) though when you look at it from a season standpoint, it makes a bit more sense that way.

Even if we've seen it coming for about half the season now, Shroud being revealed as a Sonozaki was still chilling as was her removal from Museum and how she became who is she today. (Though I'm wondering if we'll get to find out what her memory was/is...I'm almost positive that's a Connector port on her neck.)

The whole theme of family did stand out in the episode as well as what lengths some people will go to for the people they care about (even if it may not seem to be in their best interests)
Yuusuke: BLACK RX?
Decade. No... This is... Saban's Masked Rider no Sekai. Alright, let's go.
Natsumi: WHAT? You're not going to help this world's Rider?
Decade: BELIEVE ME, it's better if they all die.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't think Terui and Akiko are really a couple, that just seemed like end of the episode throwaway stuff. If Akiko really is going to end up with someone, it's probably going to be Shoutarou "Oh, yay, he's young again!"
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

Ryuu and Akiko could... work. *fanfiction-writer-side is staring at the screen blankly, head tilted 90 degrees to the side*

And yay for theme on family and forigveness! Ryuu certainly has grown. Now would his change from red to blue partly to indicate that, or just coincidence? :)
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

I dunno, I thought that was pretty RyuuXAkiko to me.

I'm glad they finally played "Leave All Behind" in show. It's been a long time coming.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It was a bit surprising that Ryuu was the one who brought everything together instead of Philip. Blue outfit must improve Ryuu's personality and insight by 10 fold.

As for Shroud, she wasn't evil to the core as thought to be but ended misguided by revenge. Deep in her heart that she had some good inside of her and desperately try to ignore it if meaning it will get closer to defeating Terror. God Philip, you better make sure that you have a nice meeting with your mother before something bad will happen to her.
NeoStorm

Post by NeoStorm »

I will admit, Shroud does indeed have good in her. Plus I never knew such a character, especially a parent, would go through those lengths just to reunite with their children. This was one of the few eps in the series that I believe, has a touching ending.
ryuzakiumi
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by ryuzakiumi »

Ok I paused during that scene at the end with the dude handing over a briefcase full of memories and uh... Every one of W's memories is in there. As is Accel and Weather. Wtf is up with that? Is there gonna be some time travel shenanigans where someone travels back and gives the Driver and memories to Narumi Soukichi?

EDIT-- Also I called Shroud being the Sonozaki's mom like 20+ episodes ago.
ShinkenSilver
Gao

Post by ShinkenSilver »

ryuzakiumi wrote:Ok I paused during that scene at the end with the dude handing over a briefcase full of memories and uh... Every one of W's memories is in there. As is Accel and Weather. Wtf is up with that? Is there gonna be some time travel shenanigans where someone travels back and gives the Driver and memories to Narumi Soukichi?

That was basically a teaser for the movie. And those aren't actually W's memories, they're duplicates; like the two Anomalocaris memories or the mass-produced Masquerade memory.
chickdigger802
7X

Post by chickdigger802 »

Kinda lame how they basically spoiled this eps with last weeks preview...

I expect some new 'toy material'. Any new toys left for this show? Trial with sword looked pretty cool, but the 'dual maximum drive' seems pretty 'low budget' compare to most of the other maximum drives of the show.

Love how Ryuubei was stilll 'old' like 20 years ago. Couldn't find another dude or a wig lol.

Ryu was good this eps, except the ending he looked mad gay with that goofy face and the coffee and flowers =P
Anime_freek22
Train man
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."

Post by Anime_freek22 »

Ryubee looks a lot more sinister with out the glasses. Even if he's laughing. Especially if he's laughing.
I liked this episode. Ryuu is a great character and has followed a somewhat logical path of development considering where he started, but it was fun to watch him develop and become a really good character. The asian competition is always fierce. And nasty. Just like a k-drama, only no mystical powers. And the principal popping out of nowhere was...odd.
But a nice episode: more story, more developments, all leading to what promises to be an epic conclusion.
Edit: Did anyone else notice the colors of the pool balls Saeko hit at the end? She pocketed the red, but left the black, green, and white. The writers love them subtle hints.
I lost The Game!
Chariot
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Izumi Hina
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Chariot »

ShinkenSilver wrote:
ryuzakiumi wrote:Ok I paused during that scene at the end with the dude handing over a briefcase full of memories and uh... Every one of W's memories is in there. As is Accel and Weather. Wtf is up with that? Is there gonna be some time travel shenanigans where someone travels back and gives the Driver and memories to Narumi Soukichi?

That was basically a teaser for the movie. And those aren't actually W's memories, they're duplicates; like the two Anomalocaris memories or the mass-produced Masquerade memory.
Yep, so you better just forget about them, because we won't be seeing that movie for a long time!

Now, although I wanted Shoutaro to be coupled with Akiko at the beginning of the series, I'm actually really fine with her being with Ryuu. I feel like Shoutarou, Philip, and Akiko are more like brothers and sister at this point, with Soukichi having been their guardian.

Was I the only one who got shivers when Old Shoutarou showed his angry face? That was great. And then he went out and tracked the Old Dopant down. I love how even though he wasn't on screen all that much, you can tell that the tears of the kids/grannies really set him off.

And HOLY CRAP, SHROUD IS PHILIP'S MOTHER, AND RYUBEE'S WIFE!?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>And the principal popping out of nowhere was...odd.

It's probably because that actor is pretty prominent. I don't remember off the top of my head, but I've definitely seen him around
kikaida
IXA
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Blade

Post by kikaida »

Both the opening and closing of KRW44 showed scenes that I have no idea where they are from . . . are they from a movie? a MV? or are they from the last few episodes? -- anyone?
"There is no charge for awesomeness . . . or attractiveness." Po.
Anime_freek22
Train man
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."

Post by Anime_freek22 »

I could tell you, but then it's risk of a ban. That's a hint, right?
I lost The Game!

Return to “Kamen Rider W”