W Series Discussion (no Forever movie talk)

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: W Series Discussion (no Forever movie talk)

Post by Therm_Kitty »

Uncontrol wrote:Bumparoo.

Was talking about this with a friend the other day, but I really feel like W hit its climax with Weather/Isaka. Once Isaka was killed I felt like W never gained a whole lot of steam and spiraled into a completely nonsensical story. No clear motives were ever given for Ryuubei and Wakana, Foundation X and Utopia were totally out of nowhere and not very interesting, and the Evil Tail was just ridiculous. Isaka was a great villian because he was simply insane and evil, Shroud was an interesting character that never got enough development ...
I'll agree with the first point (they never said that they were going to perform Instrumentality in-series), but I thought Foundation X did well with only 12 episodes and a movie. They seemed like a big evil making a cameo with their NEVER program. Evil Tail made sense. W is a celebration of the Rider series as a whole. Tons of Showa influence with some Heisei to balance with Decade's focus on Heisei with some Showa. I thought they subverted the old-school "last-minute important enemy plot device" really well by making said device something sentimental rather than an actual reactor or trigger.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

The ONLY thing that I did not like about W, and it turned me off to watching the last few episodes for awhile, was it's perdictability. No suprise when it came to who was related to whom, and what got them in their current state. Few episodes in you pretty much could guess all that. It took them so long to get to finialize what we already knew... Sounds kinda familar huh? The whole waiting for them to get around to it (not the perdicable part).
Kamen Rider
Gabu
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
My boom: Gaim
Quote: おばあちゃんはこう言ってた。天の道を行き、総てを司る男………俺の名は天道総司

Post by Kamen Rider »

I didnt really like the 2 episode arcs, even though the past riders had it too, it wasnt AS noticeable. W was just SCREAMING they had 2 episode arcs.
SIDE NOTE
i blame decade for making me realize the 2 episode arcs in the franchise, as well as making its successors screaming with it as well :evil:
ONORE DEIKEIDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hase0
Adventure
Favorite series: Nexus, Kuuga, Kabuto
Quote: A man's job is 80 percent decision making. The rest is just a bonus.

Post by Hase0 »

W was very very good, to be honest it was very difficult for me to get into this series.
I found the couple first episodes are boring, Akiko was completely annoying.
But then again, i wanted to believe in people's opinion, somebody said that "W is pretty much flawless" < and he's damn right.
I forced myself to watch this until it reached episode 20 something and it paid off, Completely!
For me this is where the shows actually starts, where Accel was introduced, everything seems to get more serious and intriguing for me.
They toned down the annoying-ness of Akiko, which was very good for me. She didn't shout as much as she did in earlier of the series.
This is my new favourite Rider series along with Kuuga, i rated this very highly, if only it captured my attention during the first 20 episodes, i would have made this as my favourite season, moving Kuuga to 2nd.
The last 2 episodes were easily one of the tear jerker episodes in the entire kamen rider series.
It was so emotional when Philip was about to leave, i could feel Shotaro's grieves and reluctant to lose his only partner who's been fighting with him since the very beginning.
This series was also very fresh, bringing the detective theme and Alphabetical protagonist and antagonist.
Actually i'll be fine if Toei decide to end W with episode 48.
But having episode 49 wasn't bad at all either.
It was a outstanding season, breathe a new fresh idea after the previous 10 heisei riders (Kuuga-Decade).
Good cast, music, rider design, humor (although i like OOO's better), no plot holes, well paced, ending wasn't rushed.
8)
Last edited by Hase0 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiyominai
7X
Quote: おばあちゃんが言っていた「世の中で覚えておかなければならない名前はただ一つ。天の道を往き、総てを司る男……天道総司」

Re: Kamen Rider W (仮面ライダーW(ダブル)

Post by kiyominai »

I've watched the series and the movies that have come out so far (all the way to the Eternal Returns release by TV-Nihon) and I really do enjoy it.

This is just me nitpicking it but

Spoiler
On the last two episodes, where the second to last ended with Phillip disappearing at the end was really spot on. I felt emotional by it (I'm not sure if anyone else has but I have) however, in the next episode, the last episode. Phillip comes backk. And I felt like the emotions I felt when he disappeared were for nothing. Phillip coming back was really...A throw away I guess. I won't say I hate it because it is for kids after all, but it's something that bothered me.
Last edited by Lunagel on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to appropriate thread
HIDragonstar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo, Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojiro
Dreamy: Kaoru, Kotoha,Wakana
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by HIDragonstar »

I'd say that W is my favorite Kamen Rider, I actually had like Blade before this, and Faiz.

I enjoyed how every episode showed something more about a character, even if it was just a small extra bit. I loved having the Sonozaki Rollar Coaster of how I pitied them, hated them, and actually enjoyed them. They had one of the most developed backgrounds as villians for any show. I think they were better developed than our heroes. Still every main character was developed and didn't have anything 'shallow' about them, (although one was very annoying.)

Enjoyed the effects, and really enjoyed the gimmick of having two people needed to form the Rider. It was a refreshing change, and the multiforms I found very interesting. They weren't just powered up versions of the same form, they actually had different abilities.

Strangely one of my criteria of how good a show is, is its ability to male me tear up, or make me cry. This so far of all the Kamen Riders has managed to give me a roller coaster of emotions (eps 47-49) which I enjoyed. Blade was the first for its single episode at the end, but W gave me three episodes of highs and tears.
People say that the real world isn't black or white, its shades of gray. I prefer to think its a rainbow spectrum, when any color is dark enough, its black, when any color is light enough, its white. Yet, there is a spectrum of cultures and values.
HereticMIND
Infinity
Favorite series: DABURU
2nd Favorite Series: WIZAADO
Dreamy: Medusa-sama~~
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "One word and I hit you again."

Post by HereticMIND »

Seriously, Shroud is one HELL of a bitch.

I know she's responsible for
Spoiler
giving Terui his Driver along with his spiffy blade
and most likely responsible for
Spoiler
two of the Gigi Memory Gadgets, as well as the Fang Memory
, but MY GOD.

WHAT A BITCH.

Spoiler
I get it, Shotaro isn't as hard-boiled as his teacher Soichi, but c'mon! HE'S THE ONLY ONE YOUR SON CAN FORM W WITH, YOU IGNORANT CUNT.

JESUS CHRIST.
<BrotherFenrir> Omigod all of a sudden I wanna watch gLee.
<BrotherFenrir> The sad thing is that I already have the pilot episode and another first season episode on iTunes...
<BrotherFenrir> I am a pitiful, pitiful man.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

HereticMIND wrote:Seriously, Shroud is one HELL of a bitch.

Spoiler
Spoiler
, but MY GOD.

WHAT A BITCH.

Spoiler
I get it, Shotaro isn't as hard-boiled as his teacher Soichi, but c'mon! HE'S THE ONLY ONE YOUR SON CAN FORM W WITH, YOU IGNORANT CUNT.

JESUS CHRIST.
bro I understand why you raging against Shroud but you didn't have to call her a B***, she was doing the best thing at that time Ryubee/Terror Dopant could be defeated. She does have her reasons.
HereticMIND
Infinity
Favorite series: DABURU
2nd Favorite Series: WIZAADO
Dreamy: Medusa-sama~~
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "One word and I hit you again."

Post by HereticMIND »

OOOKaiser wrote:
HereticMIND wrote:Seriously, Shroud is one HELL of a bitch.

Spoiler
Spoiler
, but MY GOD.

WHAT A BITCH.

Spoiler

JESUS CHRIST.
bro I understand why you raging against Shroud but you didn't have to call her a B***, she was doing the best thing at that time Ryubee/Terror Dopant could be defeated. She does have her reasons.

Does she HAVE to be so high and mighty about it, though?

Spoiler
I get that Ryubee was a bit of a wanker in requesting that Phillip/Raito become some sort of experiment, and that she had her face burned by Terror's ooze when she refused,
but that doesn't give her a free pass on acting like some haughty bitch!

Hell, if you think about it...

Spoiler
She's just as bad, if not worse, than Ryubee!
<BrotherFenrir> Omigod all of a sudden I wanna watch gLee.
<BrotherFenrir> The sad thing is that I already have the pilot episode and another first season episode on iTunes...
<BrotherFenrir> I am a pitiful, pitiful man.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

HereticMIND wrote:Does she HAVE to be so high and mighty about it, though?

Spoiler
I get that Ryubee was a bit of a wanker in requesting that Phillip/Raito become some sort of experiment, and that she had her face burned by Terror's ooze when she refused,
but that doesn't give her a free pass on acting like some haughty bitch!

Hell, if you think about it...

Spoiler
She's just as bad, if not worse, than Ryubee!
Let's see...

-Son dead and reborn as a data human
-Husband wants to use him and your younger daughter for some experiment
-Uses his GaiaMemory against her when she objects
-And childhood friend/best hope at bringing husband down is killed.

I'd say she's perfectly justified in doing what she did, and that she was almost as awful as the man she was trying to get her revenge against was kind of necessary in order for Ryu to learn his lesson about forgiveness.

Return to “Kamen Rider W”