W Series Discussion (no Forever movie talk)

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
MaskedRideEclipse
Gabu
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hot? Errr, TaJaDoru?
Favorite Actor?: Yu Hasebe
Favorite Band: DREAM
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Gi-Gi-Giga Scan
Quote: At the signature>>>

Re: W Series Discussion (no Forever movie talk)

Post by MaskedRideEclipse »

KickHopper wrote:I'm pretty sure he simply built a new Lost Driver. I'm sure Shroud gave him all her designs by that point.
Well. i think Phillip just pull of the right part of the driver.Then Shoutarou use it to transform into KR Joker.Then Phillip return,he put back the right part and transform into W.He can't carry two driver at the same time.{Just kidding!I know that this kind of thing didn't had to be soo realistic.}
-If all that I'd been said is a spoiler, then kindly delete them or put -snips-
'If you wishes to change the world, Then, you'll need to be stronger than the world itself, If you can, then, You're capables on changing the world.'
Litrid
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Mari
Favorite Actor?: not too sure...
Favorite Band: Coldplay
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Star Wars
Quote: I'm just Litrid

Post by Litrid »

I really enjoyed Double. He had good abilities the characters were funny plus it introduced my new favourite rider of all time Kamen Rider Accel. I liked him for his abilities, appearance and even Terui himself. He had a lot of emotion and I could relate to that.
LAND PLEASE TU TU TU TU TU TU TU TU TU TU TU!!
Orenohissatsuclimax
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Naomi Chan~
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Decade

Post by Orenohissatsuclimax »

I don't think I've watched a show that made me this attached to the characters
It feels like just yesterday that everyone was freaking out about Phillip's voice (omg it's deep!) and hating on Double for it's excessive CG use the first couple of episodes

And it was nice how the whole slipper gag actually stayed. Makes you appreciate it a bit more unlike laughing point (I still love Decade)

and while I hear people say that W became restricted with the usual 2 episode arc, I found it interesting. Sure it probably wasn't too hard to guess who was the culprit (maybe except for Diamond dopant) but the interactions, the desire behind the gaiamemory, it made the series feel just abit more..."real"

The kaijin of this series weren't some breed of monsters hidden away from society or just mindless monsters in general, but every single dopant (except Mick) was just a normal human who got lost in the power and a lot of us can relate to that. It's pretty much the same as being a cop gone corrupt of even just having a gun. You have this adrenaline of power which makes you go crazy. That's how the dopants were and it just amazes me how close to society this story became.

Kamen Rider!
Rather than referring to the power or the suit, it was a title. Sort of like "The hero of the city" kind of title. A cool effect

And the enemies we grew tom love, Nazca and Weather, who knew they'd actually kill them off?
Deep inside my heart, I had hoped that Nazca would come back, someway somehow. Hardboiled show indeed

little to no plot holes! (nothing too noticeable at least)

and the downfall of Saeko is quite fitting. Killing the one who loved her, the one she loved getting killed and finally, someone who loves her killing her"

And god "I guess I'll be alone in my utopia" Is such a badass line

I don't think I've ever cried as much as I did for any show during the end
Both the Phillip dying scene and the whole "Protect the city I love Kamen Rider Hidari SHoutarou"

I love you W But now it's time to move on to the O'S
Shrapnel
Infinity

Post by Shrapnel »

Just watched Hibiki's HBV. The Bakeneko is looking suspiciously like a white Smilodon ... XD
Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Leonite Rider »

Heh, there were more Hibii references sneaked in if you look hard enough. Example, Weather... take a good look at his costume, and you'll probably see what I mean.
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
Areku The O.F.
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: KR Black
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz
Dreamy: Too many to count...
Favorite Actor?: Tetsuo Kurata
Favorite Band: Dream Theater
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: "Gather ye rosebuds while ye may
Old time is still a' flying
And that same flower that smiles you today
Tomorrow will be dying..."

Post by Areku The O.F. »

I really liked W as a whole, one of the best Heisei series so far. While I struggled at first with Philip (and the gay overtones sprinkled during the series didn't help) I came to like him, also I liked a lot how Terui was based on certain Final Fantasy character (If you haven't guessed by now... oh boy...). Also like Decade before it a lot of Toku actors made cameos for our viewing pleasure (It was REALLY good to see Hurricane Blue in such fine form!!! :mrgreen:). The ending left me hanging a bit (Shrowd's face is never shown, how Philip got the Lost Driver) but it was satisfactory. I have hopes for OOO to continue like this.
3... 2... 1... Time Out... Deformation.
Shrapnel
Infinity

Post by Shrapnel »

Areku The O.F. wrote:[...] I came to like him, also I liked a lot how Terui was based on certain Final Fantasy character (If you haven't guessed by now... oh boy...).
Who? D:
Areku The O.F.
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Areku The O.F. »

A lot of people will say that Terui was mainly based on Kaneda, from the famous anime Akira (red biker clothes, red bike and also Accel bike form kinda resembles Kaneda's bike), but in terms of character traits and overall looks he resembles Squall from Final Fantasy VIII (he's a loner, when he's not wearing red he actually looks like Squall, he has a pendant that looks like the one Squall has and the Accel Sword looks a lot like Squall's Gunblade).
Uncontrol
7X
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Uncontrol »

Areku The O.F. wrote:(and the gay overtones sprinkled during the series didn't help)
Have you never had a close male friend or something? There are no gay overtones in their relationship.
xshinox
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Boukengers
Dreamy: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by xshinox »

Shrapnel wrote:
Areku The O.F. wrote:[...] I came to like him, also I liked a lot how Terui was based on certain Final Fantasy character (If you haven't guessed by now... oh boy...).
Who? D:
seifer from ff8 maybe?
Uncontrol wrote:
Areku The O.F. wrote:(and the gay overtones sprinkled during the series didn't help)
Have you never had a close male friend or something? There are no gay overtones in their relationship.
i guess some people always think there is a gay relationship when two male friends/partner are together.
Areku The O.F.
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Areku The O.F. »

I wasn't referring to the Shotaro/Phillip relationship, I was referring to some of Phillip antics and the series as a whole, like when he dressed as Wakana to catch the Liar dopant (in fact, that chapter alone has a LOT of gay overtones, which the guys at TV-N EVEN MOCKED after the episode ended). Oh, and who can forget Terui trying to forcefully kiss Shotaro.

And yes, I do have close male friends, nothing wrong about it...
Uncontrol
7X

Post by Uncontrol »

Crossdressing != homosexuality. That said, crossdressing is a pretty common gag in Japanese television. And the Terui kissing thing was a completely obvious joke. You guys read too much into it.
KillerGazebo
Gao
Quote: Now...count up your sins!

Post by KillerGazebo »

I asked this in another thread, but does anyone see W's ability to change elements and colors and think of Kirby 64? I dont know the abilities in that game seem very similar to W's abilities, i'm not saying its bad i actually thought it was kinda funny :lol:
Completed: Faiz, Blade, Hibki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger
Watching: Fourze, Gobusters, Akibaranger
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

Areku The O.F. wrote:A lot of people will say that Terui was mainly based on Kaneda, from the famous anime Akira (red biker clothes, red bike and also Accel bike form kinda resembles Kaneda's bike), but in terms of character traits and overall looks he resembles Squall from Final Fantasy VIII (he's a loner, when he's not wearing red he actually looks like Squall, he has a pendant that looks like the one Squall has and the Accel Sword looks a lot like Squall's Gunblade).
I'd say he was based on Kazami Shiro/Kamen Rider V3;same past, same motivation, same personality, similar way of getting power. Also, if you count FangJoker as the second Rider, Accel is actually the third(!).

That said, I just realized the similarities between Kirihiko/Nazca and Yuuki Joji/Riderman. Powerful and charismatic enemy officer who turned good and died soon after(only Joji had actually survived).
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
Uncontrol
7X

Post by Uncontrol »

Bumparoo.

Was talking about this with a friend the other day, but I really feel like W hit its climax with Weather/Isaka. Once Isaka was killed I felt like W never gained a whole lot of steam and spiraled into a completely nonsensical story. No clear motives were ever given for Ryuubei and Wakana, Foundation X and Utopia were totally out of nowhere and not very interesting, and the Evil Tail was just ridiculous. Isaka was a great villian because he was simply insane and evil, Shroud was an interesting character that never got enough development ...

Return to “Kamen Rider W”