3D releases?

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
Kamen Rider
Gabu
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
My boom: Gaim
Quote: おばあちゃんはこう言ってた。天の道を行き、総てを司る男………俺の名は天道総司

3D releases?

Post by Kamen Rider »

I just read on the front page that u guys r buying the 3D combo pack, will that mean u guys r gonna release the movie in 3D as well?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: 3D releases?

Post by takenoko »

If we can figure out a good way to release it in 3D, yeah
Kamen Rider
Gabu

Post by Kamen Rider »

Good damn its gonna be a good 3D toku 2011 year XDDD
is the 3D meant for real D 3D glasses? or those old red and blue ones?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

The amazon page doesn't specify red and blue, so possibly the new 3D glasses, but we won't know until later.
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

Red/blue 3D is never used seriously anymore. Especially since Japan actually has some nice 3DTV's now. The extra resolution makes non-3D content look really good, so people actually buy them. The 3D release will be for those TVs.

That being said, I have red/blue glasses but no 3DTV. If only conversion were possible for the poor.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It's on Blu-Ray so it's probably not going to be the red and blue thing. Honestly, 3D has come pretty far in the last year compared to the Shinkenger movie with the red and blue green thing. Did anyone watch our release of that and think that was any good?
poelske1
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Favorite Actor?: Ryuki Takahashi
Favorite Band: Any J-Pop band
My boom: Dragons and stuff

Post by poelske1 »

The problem with those 3D movies, is that you need 3D glasses, and not everybody has those ... so i'm not a big fan of the 3D stuff. Also WAY to many things are in 3D now, while they'd also look great if they weren't in 3D.
Wachted: KR ryuki, 555, Hibiki, kabuto, kiva, decade, W
SS: Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger,

Watching: KR: Blade, OOO
SS: Gokaiger
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

I think 3D is a fad, honestly. Give it a few years and everybody will be like "Oh yeah, 3D, that was fun" and move on with their lives.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Since the amazon page specifies you need a 3D ready TV and player, that indicates its Real 3D,

If we were to release a 3D version we would have to look at how to mux the 3 parts together to make it playable and watchable, but since we dont have 3D TV's, only players, its gonna be hard to work out if it works or not.

Petrkr did find a piece of software that should convert the 3D ellement to red/blue/green setup, but this would require testing before hand, so it wouldnt be a speedy release if we decided to go down that route.

I dont think its a fad really, it is something that is here for the long haul, I remember people saying Blu-Ray was just a fad and that is here for the long haul. the 3D world will keep evolving till it reaches the stage of not requiring glasses for 3D, and this is probably only a few years off since Toshiba have created a 13" version to do this, its juts gonna take time to develop the technology,
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

That Guy wrote:I think 3D is a fad, honestly. Give it a few years and everybody will be like "Oh yeah, 3D, that was fun" and move on with their lives.
3D was a fad a while ago, when the technology was shit. Now its starting to get somewhere, there may actually be a place for it to stick around.
MaskedRideEclipse
Gabu
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hot? Errr, TaJaDoru?
Favorite Actor?: Yu Hasebe
Favorite Band: DREAM
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Gi-Gi-Giga Scan
Quote: At the signature>>>

Post by MaskedRideEclipse »

What about the video itself?I mean what 3d vid is?It's is like AVI(Xvid/Divx) or MP4(AVC/H264) or it's another kind of thing?
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

it would be in m2ts(h.264+3d video stream) as mp4 wont support the 3rd stream we would need to use, while mkv possible does, its not compatible with other devices where as m2ts is.

and for those wondering what m2ts is and where it comes from, its how the files are contained on Blu-Rays.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Azazel wrote:I dont think its a fad really, it is something that is here for the long haul, I remember people saying Blu-Ray was just a fad and that is here for the long haul. the 3D world will keep evolving till it reaches the stage of not requiring glasses for 3D, and this is probably only a few years off since Toshiba have created a 13" version to do this, its juts gonna take time to develop the technology,
Thing is, Blu Ray actually had a logical appeal. Movies with high-definition audio and video streams, and something like 16 times the storage capacity of DVDs. What's the lasting appeal of 3D? It pops out at you. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. The rush of 3D technology since Avatar was released is, in my opinion, a bunch of companies jumping on the bandwagon to try to make a few extra bucks. The 3D in most of the movies released in 3D is generated after the fact, and personally whenever I succumb to seeing a movie in 3D, I stop noticing that it's in 3D about halfway through, at most. On the other hand, a movie that consists entirely of things popping out at you to remind you that it's 3D would get old fast, and is best relegated to the 10 minute attractions at theme parks. Maybe there will be some groundbreaking film that integrates 3D well in the future, but until that point I maintain that 3D is simply a 1980s fad experiencing a resurgence due to the overwhelming popularity of James Cameron's Totally Completely Original Movie (c). Also, I'm curious about the technology behind glasses-free 3D TVs. It works on the 3DS because of the player's close proximity to the screen and the fact that it's a one-player system so you don't need to worry about multiple angles simultaneously, but I'm not sure how they could isolate the different perspectives for several people sitting at different angles relative to the TV. Apparently it's been done in such a way that people have to sit in precise locations for the proper experience, so I see that being an issue. Ultimately, I suspect the 3D revolution will just die down, or progress quickly into projection or holographic technology (true 3D) rather than the illusion of 3D we've been working with for the past century.
Kamen Rider
Gabu

Post by Kamen Rider »

Azazel wrote:Petrkr did find a piece of software that should convert the 3D ellement to red/blue/green setup, but this would require testing before hand, so it wouldnt be a speedy release if we decided to go down that route.
Well, guys could always release the normal ver. first and then the 3D ver afterwards if it works....
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!

Post by Therm_Kitty »

While 3D may be something of a fad, 3DTV's are not. They operate at 240 hz compared to the usual range of 60-120 hz. SD will be pretty stretched and upscaled, but it might not be terrible. Any HD video is going to look amazing on that. Most Blu-Rays in particular, but things like Rebuild of Evangelion need that extra ability to show off all of the video's quality.

It's a high-end TV that can play 3D content. But the majority of what you're going to watch on it will be 2D. At least you have the choice of playing 3D video if you feel like it.

And 3D itself can be used for immersion instead of flash. The lasting appeal of it comes from the viewer forgetting about it and getting into the movie rather than being thrown out to appreciate the effect. Up did it amazingly well in my opinion. The wood looked real, the cliffs were high, the old guy's jacket was recognizably tweed. If GaiaMemories of Fate used 3D to make the environments more relatable and the fights more XTREEEME, that's the entire point.

I second the converted-to-2D release far before the time-consuming niche 3D.

Return to “Kamen Rider W”