Kamen Rider Skull

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Favorite Actor?: Johnny Depp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Tokusatsu
Quote: 'If you can't learn to love yourself... how the hell are you gonna love anybody else?' - RuPaul Charles

Kamen Rider Skull

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

I haven't had a chance to watch this series yet, but it looks very intriguing. but from among the photos, one of the images that sticks out most is that of Kamen Rider Skull, who I understand was a mentor figure to one of the lead characters.

in looking up information, it seems he only pops up in the W movies and not in the series itself. is this true or what? cuz I'd hate to think they'd create such a cool character and not showcase him on a more regular basis.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Kamen Rider Skull

Post by Lunagel »

Unfortunately, absolutely true, Skull is a movie rider only.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

W as a series did something I really liked, and didn't saturate the main series with excessive numbers of riders. I think the thing that was the hook with Skull is that he only appeared in the movie, and fans wanted more of him. The latest movie that has been released even had a section in it that shows his origins to please the fans.
MaskedRideEclipse
Gabu
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hot? Errr, TaJaDoru?
Favorite Actor?: Yu Hasebe
Favorite Band: DREAM
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Gi-Gi-Giga Scan
Quote: At the signature>>>

Post by MaskedRideEclipse »

Well, Skull DID appear in the series, but he didn't fight or so and it was in the flashback. He also appear and fight in his MV, Nobody's Perfect and
Spoiler
the upcoming(Now Showing) W & OOO Movie.
-If all that I'd been said is a spoiler, then kindly delete them or put -snips-
'If you wishes to change the world, Then, you'll need to be stronger than the world itself, If you can, then, You're capables on changing the world.'
Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Quote: 'If you can't learn to love yourself... how the hell are you gonna love anybody else?' - RuPaul Charles

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

good to know. it would be awesome if they did a whole series just on Kamen Rider Skull.
Raitaro
Post Monkey
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaoranger
Dreamy: Jasmine (DekaYellow)
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Favorite Band: UVERworld
My boom: Dekaranger
Quote: Now Count Up Your Sins!-Kamen Rider W
Mind If I Reel You In?-Uratraros
F**k This Man I'm Going Into Anime-Nostailga Critic

Post by Raitaro »

That would be awesome skulls 100% badass but that would never work
Active
KR- Hibiki OOO
SS- Zyuranger Carranger Timeranger Gokaiger
MaskedRideEclipse
Gabu

Raitaro wrote:That would be awesome skulls 100% badass but that would never work
The same as Decade.You know, a series of their cast only and no additional-unrelated-riders.
'If you wishes to change the world, Then, you'll need to be stronger than the world itself, If you can, then, You're capables on changing the world.'
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

Sexy_RoboVoice wrote:good to know. it would be awesome if they did a whole series just on Kamen Rider Skull.
so far the only secondary rider that has a possibility to continue on his own is probably diend(mostly likely in the movies) and new den-o(as a series probably) without being associated with their own primary rider... zeronos will just have to live with momo for him to survive.... but i do agree skull needs to have more screen time on his own... that hat pose is just to badass
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Part of his charm is that we get him in little doses though. I imagine if they did a whole series, it wouldn't have the same effect. I mean, the guy is
Spoiler
dead
, so we can only have flash back type events, which only do so much.
Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

Catastrophe wrote:Part of his charm is that we get him in little doses though. I imagine if they did a whole series, it wouldn't have the same effect. I mean, the guy is
Spoiler
dead
, so we can only have flash back type events, which only do so much.
I guess in small doses isn't so bad. you know what they say about having 'too much of a good thing'.
Kiva the Bat the 6th
Adventure

Post by Kiva the Bat the 6th »

If it did, they'd have to find a replacement to Narumi as there's certainly no way Kikkawa would agree to playing him full time. (What with the successful singing career and all) So either way, it would lose impact.
MaskedRideEclipse
Gabu

Actually, what the fuss about Skull need to have more screen time?
Spoiler
He will(already) get his own in The OOO & W FEATURING SKULL: Movie War Core.

so far the only secondary rider that has a possibility to continue on his own is probably diend and new den-o(as a series probably) without being associated with their own primary rider and zeronos will just have to live with momo for him to survive[/quote]
Spoiler
Not anymore as we're getting Den-O-like-treatment towards Kamen Rider Accel and Kamen Rider Eternal which a movie for them(sadly it would be produced as DVD & BD only and no theaterical).
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

sad to say but those two movies were probably just made for fans and not the general public... it isn't really a "den-o-like" treatment the way they give the spotlight to the other franchise...
Kiva the Bat the 6th wrote:If it did, they'd have to find a replacement to Narumi as there's certainly no way Kikkawa would agree to playing him full time. (What with the successful singing career and all) So either way, it would lose impact.
AU anyone? :mrgreen: but seriously flashbacks are much better than this... i liked skull much better than the other characters in the series, he's way more serious than the rest of the recent casts that tries to act like imagins... badassery is much better than a den-o wannabe(just leave the slapstick to momo and the gang)... :mrgreen:
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

MaskedRideEclipse wrote:
Spoiler
Not anymore as we're getting Den-O-like-treatment towards Kamen Rider Accel and Kamen Rider Eternal which a movie for them(sadly it would be produced as DVD & BD only and no theaterical).
I did not know what you ment by that spoiler till I ran across this.

Spoiler

SOMEONES in big trouble... ...

I think what makes Skull awesome is we do not OD on his apperance, but I would like to know why he needed a Suit in the first place. Has teh museum been that big of a pain?
MaskedRideEclipse
Gabu

DrowningFishy wrote:I think what makes Skull awesome is we do not OD on his apperance, but I would like to know why he needed a Suit in the first place. Has teh museum been that big of a pain?
I can't tell you as it would be a spoiler, You'll see the reason in the movie....

Return to “Kamen Rider W”