Kamen Rider W Movie: A to Z The Memory of Fate

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kamen Rider W Movie: A to Z The Memory of Fate

Post by takenoko »

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

What a great movie. I think Toei is really on to something with the movies happening at the end of the series, now that we've got all these established characters and their relationships to use (As opposed to the summer movies which are made relatively near the start of the series, which is why a lot of them lack aspects and characters that show up later on)

I was really impressed that they brought back so many one shot characters, even if it were just for that one scene. It really gives you the sense of Fuuto being a real place with all these people doing things in the background

The only thing that weakened it was the villain who was kind of 2-dimensional. Despite his tragic backstory, the mother character, etc, he never really develops beyond being a one-sided villain. I don't really see how they can have a spin off movie about the guy. He's as interesting and deep as Anakin from the Star Wars prequels

Oh man, Cheetah's effect for all 26 Memories was amazing. That was great work. And he did it twice XD

You know, Kamen Rider Joker makes no sense. The way he finds the Memory is so improbable, the Skull appearance is so hand wavey, and the Lost Driver actually appearing literally out of nowhere, etc... And yet, that scene is so damn awesome because it's like literally a miracle

I actually didn't catch the part about the Memories being drawn to their owners when initially watching it, and a part of me kind of wish they hadn't explained it. Because the idea of it just falling out of the sky and into Shoutarou's hands, that's the forces of the universes at work here. There's something magical about that scene just not fitting into an explanation that can be explained

The best part is that they hint at this fact at the very beginning of the movie. Memories fall out of the sky, there's a hole in the roof of the office, and yet it's so subtle that you don't realize the connection till later. I love stuff like that
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Kamen Rider W Movie: A to Z The Memory of Fate

Post by zeta_gundam »

All I can say is that Sakamoto Kouichi's action direction is awesome. The camera angles and all the dynamics in the show; it's worth watching the show just for the fight scenes. There were actually some scenes on the Hardboilder! I mean, it's rare to see bike action these days. Really brings back the "Rider" aspect of Kamen Rider.

Not forgetting all the Ichigou references, from the poses to the Ichigou-esque sounds.

Eternal felt kinda meh. The cape was awesome though. Maybe I should get a Kamen Rider W CycloneJoker pla model and modify it to an Eternal figure. Then again, maybe I should finish up my Skull model first.
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

This one is by Tsushima Naoto 津島直人 when "A to Z" came out. (He usually draws TF and BB Gundam, but he does dabble in others)

This piece is in response to the Touhoku earthquake, artist is 暮古浪漫.

prsentai
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by prsentai »

This was a great movie. Cyclone Joker Gold Xtreme could have gotten a little more screen time, besides kicking Eternal, but other than that, I'd say this was REALLY good. It seems that after the bike-less tragedy that Kiva suffered, (who remembers the Buroon Booster?) Decade started to squeeze in some more bike time, but W and OOO really seem to put the rider back in kamen rider. The whole Skull thing should have been left out of trailers, but I guess it was a huge red herring to get people into the theaters. I have to say: How the hell does a spirit give Shotarou the lost driver? And how many of those are there? The whole Maria-Shroud thing and the Philip-Katsumi thing just didn't do it for me. It felt too forced. But the action scenes were great, and I'd love to see the movie in 3D.
Kiva Jyu Fly Ken Tatsulot
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I loved W, but I was pretty ambivalent about this movie. It was entertaining enough, but the action seemed a little too over the top at times and there was no real suspense or surprises in the plot because of the way it slotted into the series.

Can't really think of anything else to talk about, which really says to me how 'meh' I am about the movie. Uh...interesting Ryu and Akiko subplot, I guess. And kinda weird to see OOO appear. The transformation effects felt off.
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

takenoko wrote: The only thing that weakened it was the villain who was kind of 2-dimensional. Despite his tragic backstory, the mother character, etc, he never really develops beyond being a one-sided villain. I don't really see how they can have a spin off movie about the guy. He's as interesting and deep as Anakin from the Star Wars prequels
That's the opposite of how I feel actually.

I feel that Eternal could have been easily cheapened, one-note and nothing to him, but maybe it was his complete evil that made me think "hey this guy is pretty neat." I mean, compared to some of the other Rider movie villains we've had, at least this one got a backstory that fully made sense and completely paralleled with Philip's own. Maybe that's why I liked him too. His similarity with Philip and how he basically could have ended up like him making the conflict at the end even more super-personal than it already was.

But anyway, a fantastic and wonderful movie. Dare I say even my favorite Heisei movie?
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Raitaro
Post Monkey
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaoranger
Dreamy: Jasmine (DekaYellow)
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Dekaranger
Quote: Now Count Up Your Sins!-Kamen Rider W
Mind If I Reel You In?-Uratraros
F**k This Man I'm Going Into Anime-Nostailga Critic

Post by Raitaro »

I love this movie its so well written and directed i love the scenes with terui fightinng unenshined this is the best rider movie in my opinion
Active
KR- Hibiki OOO
SS- Zyuranger Carranger Timeranger Gokaiger
chickdigger802
7X

Post by chickdigger802 »

I love all the little nods to Sakamoto's Power Rangers work.

Accel's RPM style move. I think that motorcycle move was from Ryuki or something.

And how can anyone forget the white dude's "common raider?!" ;)

And I always thought the lost driver ended up at the office building somehow after Begins Night. But the office was such a mess that no1 ever really noticed.

I was kinda disappointed that Shotaro didn't make up some awesome name for the dragonfly rider kick thing at the end. You'd think the 'fart of fuuto' would trigger the Xtreme memory's 'Maximum Drive'.

Still dling the TN version, did ya bother correcting some of the color? I remember the colors being pretty faded or what not the time I saw it at theater and on dvd.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

chickdigger802 wrote:I think that motorcycle move was from Ryuki or something.
According to Sakamoto, it was from PR: Mystic Force. >>
chickdigger802
7X

Post by chickdigger802 »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
chickdigger802 wrote:I think that motorcycle move was from Ryuki or something.
According to Sakamoto, it was from PR: Mystic Force. >>
lol i was thinking KR Dragon Knight for some reason o_O.

Never watched Mystic Force. Was that magiranger?
Sloth MD
Douza Uru Zazaado
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Sloth MD »

Alright, I've been holding this in for a while now, and wanted to wait until this movie had been subbed.... but here's something that I've noticed and canNOT UNnotice this fact.

But.... seeing as how in this movie
Spoiler
OOO makes an appearence and from the looks of it seems to have four core medals, so it seems like it takes place before episode 4 of OOO's, right?
Then in the last episode of W, there's the fact that
Spoiler
There's that whole time skip for a year when Philip disappears.
So taking that into account...
Spoiler
With the Core Wars.... It's obvious it takes place after W's ending... and yet right in the middle of OOO's story. So.... think about it this way. I'm assuming the movie takes place around... I dunno, episode 18? 20? Somewhere around there which is a few months. For W, it takes place a few months and A YEAR.
Think about that.

1st Spoiler tag: Events from this movie.
2nd spoiler tag: Events from the last episode of W.
3rd spoiler tag: Both.

...Spoiler tags just in case.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

chickdigger802 wrote:Never watched Mystic Force. Was that magiranger?
Well, Magiranger-lite but yeah.
prsentai
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by prsentai »

I notice that too, but can't we just say something like onore dikkeddo or it's den-o's fault cause it never ends or something like what always happens here? This is all a product of writers with a lack of communication.
Kiva Jyu Fly Ken Tatsulot
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I really enjoyed this movie. How many bikes were just randomly toss aside in this movie? I really wanted Queen to use the Queen Memory and transformed into the Queen Fangire. I really wanted Saeko and Wakana to have more of a part in the movie than just sitting back since their Memories were useless. Yeah I guess they didn't finalized the effects for OOO especially the missing Triple Scanning Charge for the sword. I'm really glad that they removed the purple slash effect from the OOO sword in the series itself. It would be nice if Shroud made an actual appearance in the movie like saving Philip or something like that.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

I really liked this movie, has to be my fav W movie, and it also exsplains the strange finger chibi puppet figure I got. IT'S ETERNAL! Hahaha. Love the clumsy appearance of a certian rider at the end. Man a certian moody person would really slap him for dropping it like he did. XD and W's response to him XD Nice.

Sorry if didin't make much sense hard to talk and not give away spoilers. I can't give much more opionion on the movie other then what was pretty much given already.

PS: Did the guy who uses Luna do what I think he did in his pants?

Return to “Kamen Rider W”