W Returns: Accel released (read first post before watching)

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Re: W Returns: Accel released (read first post before watchi

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

I'm extremely pleased with the movie! Very satisfying story fitting for Accel. I'm glad Toei got Hollywood style gun props now (starting with A-Z), because now they really have that Hollywood feel during the gun fights.

Accel Booster didn't disappoint, i guess making him able to fly now is somewhat fitting since i don't think it would be fair to have it out do Trial's clock up speed (Since that is his final form still i believe or is considered). I do like the vent visor they added though, much more awesome than the motorcycle mono eye XD.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

I love this film. It breaks away from the typical tokusatsu path by having more untransformed fights. Terui being an actual cop for once gave me chills. Taking on a bunch of Masquerades with his standard issue pistol and fists cement him as one of the better secondary riders this side of KR history.

I like how they injected mature scenes into the film, as if to say that it isn't exactly for kids only anymore. Though for certain it's your typical cop film, with added tokusatsu elements.

As for Akiko... Her concerns were very real, but the fact that she chose to overreact to them made her look very petty. I understand though, being a young woman who's recently married, you'd want your spouse to pay attention to you more.

Quick fact, the girl in the chinese dress of whom Terui fought in the restaurant is Ayumi Shimozono, 1/3 of the JAE idol group 'wipeout', the other two being Super Sentai's Sanae Hitomi, and Minami Tsukui, formerly the Hopper Dopant.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Jinno asked, "What the hell is this," like this was Power Rangers. It's Kamen Rider! You act like people can't bleed here.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
ChelseaChampion
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Dreamy: LUKA MILLFY
Favorite Band: 24Herbs
My boom: Happiness
Quote: "Black Wing Sleeping Here Forever"

Post by ChelseaChampion »

Wonder who she (the pickpocket) stole the Upgrade from...

And any ideas why does Terui's eyes look red like he has been sleep deprived?
Drop. Fire. Gemini. Burning Divide
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

So have they scrapped the Detective Agency set?
It seemed weird they spent that much time hanging out at the magicians' place.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

ChelseaChampion wrote:Wonder who she (the pickpocket) stole the Upgrade from...
Could you be more specific? Which one do you refer to? Are you referring to the first or the second time she stole the upgrader? Both have been explained clearly.
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

HyperDrake wrote:
ChelseaChampion wrote:Wonder who she (the pickpocket) stole the Upgrade from...
Could you be more specific? Which one do you refer to? Are you referring to the first or the second time she stole the upgrader? Both have been explained clearly.
I think he was referring to when the girl stole the upgrader the 1st time, where it seems she just stole in from a random guy on the street, but I assume it was someone who was intending to sell the upgrader to the Commander Dopant guy
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
ChelseaChampion
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Dreamy: LUKA MILLFY
Favorite Band: 24Herbs
My boom: Happiness
Quote: "Black Wing Sleeping Here Forever"

Post by ChelseaChampion »

Yup the first time when Aoi stole from a random guy in a suit... Wonder if they will make a story on lost Museum Artefacts
Drop. Fire. Gemini. Burning Divide
Hyperwire
Gao
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Favorite Band: Sum 41
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: too many to count
Quote: Busy with my W Fan Fiction and Den-O song.

Post by Hyperwire »

How come Ryuu knows the infinate ammo cheat? How many rounds does that gun have?!?

Jinno was doing pretty good until he got Falcon Punched... then it all went donwhill... "I beat them somehow"

Resturant fight scene made me think "Ok, Ryuu is my new tag-team partner"
Just a Kamen Rider in training, Remember that!
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

ChelseaChampion wrote:Yup the first time when Aoi stole from a random guy in a suit... Wonder if they will make a story on lost Museum Artefacts
It was the same guy. "The random guy in a suit" whom Aoi picked the Upgrader/Booster from his pocket was Commander Dopant in the form of officer Hiroshi Sagami. Aoi recalled it in a flashback. They were deliberately not showing "the random guy in a suit" (officer Hiroshi Sagami)'s face back then since the real identity of the Commander Dopant hadn't been revealed at the time.
To put it simply, Aoi pickpocketed officer Hiroshi Sagami two times. The first time when he was in his human form near the jewel store ("the random guy in a suit"); and for the second time when he was in his Commander Dopant form in the finale
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Kamen_Rider_Shiki wrote:Jinno asked, "What the hell is this," like this was Power Rangers. It's Kamen Rider! You act like people can't bleed here.
This was meant as a 4th wall break. Jinno is the comedic relief. Those characters aren't suppose to be in near death situations.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

W returns Accel was awesome. It has everything I want to see in a KR, from awesome fights, to good plot and an interesting main character.

Not only Jin-san was funny, but his Jackie Chan style fighting was priceless

Commander was cool

Bringing Nao back as Lily was nice. And having her bully Akiko was funny

They really fooled me with Oono. Nice diversion.

wtf, Ryu, commandeering a bus! Akiko really gets in the way and worries about the least important stuff. But if she didn't she wouldn't be Akiko... But she kinda ruined the tension with her awful timing. The couple drama wasn't bad, but that was not the time...

Really liked the way they made Sagami a Ryu without meeting Shota. And tempting Ryu to come to the dark side was also a
good move. Hitting a runner's leg was also very smart and a good handicap to show how the hero is awesome.

That scene about Sagami saying he was evil was nice. And Ryu being a Rider to escape a dark past is so old school. Very nice.
The part about the people heroes love being targeted too.

Akiko has a terrible personality. The guy goes into a trap very wounded and she still bitches? Lucky her Ryu is a very nice guy. I would've liked to see her as a more supportive wife...

Wait a minute. Booster flies and Trial runs very fast? Does Ryu wants to be 555? But it fits Accel's theme. And was a nice
solution for a crippled leg.

Not killing the enemy and helping Aoi to come clean was also very nice. The anyone can change line too.

And I really like how Shota and Phil made Terui loose his cool pose XD

The mistakes during the credits and the girl getting the money were also cool.

Last, but not least, the fighting was awesome. I really like how much they made Ryu do without transforming. I also liked that they showed him using a gun.

I have big expectations for W returns Eternal. And ShinkenPink plays the heroine XD

A shame they never gave Shota the chance to get as cool as Ryu was in this movie. Well, he did, both times when he was Joker, but for a very limited time.
ultrakill
Go Go!

Post by ultrakill »

This was quite possibly the most badass thing I've seen out of Kamen Rider W. The intro alone made me want to see an Accel series. I was invested in the story the whole way through. I really loved that some of the guys were able to do their own fight choreo. I mean, damn, they were able to make even Jinno look good.

And group fight were Ryuu basically fought all the stunt doubles was AMAZING.

Can't forget the music. Gotta get the OST for it now. Plenty of excellent tracks.

My only complaint though was when Aoi took the upgrader from Commander. Shouldn't he have downgraded?
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

There seems to be a lot of "You got your B-plot in my action movie" going on here. Like it or not, Akiko's presence helps to add depth to the three mains and their interactions. The reason Akiko and Ryuu's interactions fail so hard is because they always failed so hard. Sunday morning action shows are always going to marginalize the romantic tension, and W is no different.
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

Phoenix512 wrote: I don't think I thought of the whole thing as comic relief any point. I viewed it as a problem that really wasn't funny. I got annoyed of how Akiko took such a small problem to me and blew it up out of proportion. I think Shoutarou, Philip, and Nao didn't help things and just compounded the problem even more. So when she met up with Terui on the bus, she wasn't really thinking straight at all.
Thats the thing though while it may have seemed petty to you to Akiko it meant a lot. She wanted Terui to accept her as his wife and felt that just calling her Chief made it seem as if they weren't that close at all.
Girls actually do act like this and I've had moments like this myself so I found the situation rather interesting to me. That said Terui could have tried and understand her side but the way he handled it was fine too considering the situation.

Return to “Kamen Rider W”