W Forever Movie Director's Cut released

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Re: W Forever Movie Director's Cut released

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

dancercotillion wrote:
takenoko wrote:
Yeah, Skull gives it to Shoutarou, which is in the theatrical cut.
That's not an explanation at all. Skull's dead.
Well, there is still that card Decade gave to him... Nah, it can't be.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

dancercotillion wrote:That's not an explanation at all. Skull's dead.
So are the NEVER. So is Philip. So are the mid-19th century European creators of the first supernatural Crystal Skulls and the lore behind them, the memories and concepts of which form the basis of the Skull Memory. Lots of people are dead. Doesn't stop them from contributing.

For what it's worth, I didn't realize that it was Shroud in the last scene the first time I saw this DC. I actually though it was a certain character from Kamen Rider The Next and began making theories for an hour before I rewatched it. Pretty sure that it's not Maria, though. My theory is that we need to watch Core and the Returns movies, which all have a dose of Shroud, to come to a true conclusion on this matter because that's how this DC is meant to be watched. Alongside Core and Accel, leading up to Eternal in 15 days. If someone wishes to disprove this theory, I would be delighted.

I agree that this cut feels less subtle with pretty much every addition "Not Isaka. Of course not. [He's dead, kids. In case you forgot]" The transition between Joker and Heat running at each other to the two falling, with Heat implied to be the pusher was never my favourite. I was hoping for something in between. Still, I liked the Sonozaki infodumps. The family felt like a part of the plot, albeit an impotent one.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I'll gladly squash that. OOO/W is absolutely unrelated. Makes sense really since W Forever takes place before the end of the TV series and OOO/W serves as a sort of epilogue for the show.
Therm_Kitty
Gabu

Post by Therm_Kitty »

Awesome! Even if that does crush my hopes for a Young Shroud flashback, it's for the greater good.
Through the process of elimination, we must assume that Shroud does something in Returns Eternal. Not directly relevant to that scene of course, it felt like more of a character existence teaser than a plot teaser. But she should be there.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

When the movie occurred, Shroud did give up her desire of revenge. The original version showed how pissed Wakana was that she couldn't use her Memory and if I recall, that was first scene with the Sonozakis. Saeko didn't really seem to care about what was going on with the NEVER just making comments on how people were just stupid enough to throw away their lives for money.

But now I think about the scene with Shroud at the end, the viewers would have just known about Shroud's past with her face being scarred by Ryuubei. Maybe they wanted to enforce the fact that even now, Shroud is still scarred from what happened all those years ago.
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

I don't mind the Shroud scene. After all, she was the only player not to show up in the movie. I just think it was a rather odd place to put it. Maybe it was to imply that even though Plan A went to pot, she was still working behind the scenes.

Maybe it's just me, but there were at least 2 scenes were something felt cut. At the start of Act 3, I never saw Sudo throw his memory, but we see it return to him to transform. Also, I'm used to random Kamen Rider fight scene transitions, but the switch from the Detective Office to the water ditch was incredibly jarring.

All in all, better pacing, which is what I had hoped.
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

Therm_Kitty wrote:
dancercotillion wrote:That's not an explanation at all. Skull's dead.
So are the NEVER. So is Philip. So are the mid-19th century European creators of the first supernatural Crystal Skulls and the lore behind them, the memories and concepts of which form the basis of the Skull Memory. Lots of people are dead. Doesn't stop them from contributing.
What!? How could you compare NEVER members and Philip to Skull?!!?
(1) NEVER members >>> Foundation X got this liquid thing which they injected to each of NEVER members so they neither decompose nor decay unlike regular corpses and eventually revived them with their technology. W Forever and a certain eps. of W series have explained this. I believe W Returns - Eternal will explain this even further.
(2) Philip a.k.a Sonozaki Raito >>> He died once but has been revived again as a human-data entity (having a solid body but can access Gaia Library) thanks to Gaia technology things in Sonozaki mansion' underground. Some eps. of W series have explained this quite well.
(3) Skull >>> ??? I know nothing that can explain this phenomenon aside from "Ghost Theory". Why don't you explain this based on any materials that have been released so far by TV-N.
Skull remains in the past. He only appears via flashback. Decade-W Movie Core?? Well, that's parallel world.
Toei messed it up with Skull appearing in W Forever by portraying him as a ghost.
Therm_Kitty
Gabu

Post by Therm_Kitty »

HyperDrake wrote:What!? How could you compare NEVER members and Philip to Skull?!!?
(1) NEVER members >>> Foundation X got this liquid thing which they injected to each of NEVER members so they neither decompose nor decay unlike regular corpses and eventually revived them with their technology. W Forever and a certain eps. of W series have explained this. I believe W Returns - Eternal will explain this even further.
(2) Philip a.k.a Sonozaki Raito >>> He died once but has been revived again as a human-data entity (having a solid body but can access Gaia Library) thanks to Gaia technology things in Sonozaki mansion' underground. Some eps. of W series have explained this quite well.
(3) Skull >>> ??? I know nothing that can explain this phenomenon aside from "Ghost Theory". Why don't you explain this based on any materials that have been released so far by TV-N.
Skull remains in the past. He only appears via flashback. Decade-W Movie Core?? Well, that's parallel world.
Toei messed it up with Skull appearing in W Forever by portraying him as a ghost.
Theories:
Spoiler
First theory: This was an extension of Shotaro's delusion diary and he hallucinated it. The Driver was put there because Philip was working on it as prep for episode 48 and nobody noticed it until Shotaro's subconscious brought it to his mind.
Second theory: T2 Skull, using it's connections to the afterlife, channeled the energy of the original Skull back when it was in the agency, briefly remanifesting the user's spirit in the place he spent the most time afterwards.
Third theory: Soukichi is just that much of a badass.
Fourth theory: Reika is a tsundere. She was who a mind-broken Shotaro saw as Skull/Soukichi, putting the Driver she found in the garage on the table to give him a fighting chance.
Fifth theory: When the facility exploded, it digitized Soukichi's body. He could only manifest once before death and took that oppurtunity to help Shotaro.

In the end, it's clearly a scene designed to inspire discussion and theories as you leave the theater. It should be taken that way.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

Therm_Kitty wrote: Theories:
Spoiler
First theory: This was an extension of Shotaro's delusion diary and he hallucinated it. The Driver was put there because Philip was working on it as prep for episode 48 and nobody noticed it until Shotaro's subconscious brought it to his mind.
Second theory: T2 Skull, using it's connections to the afterlife, channeled the energy of the original Skull back when it was in the agency, briefly remanifesting the user's spirit in the place he spent the most time afterwards.
Fourth theory: Reika is a tsundere. She was who a mind-broken Shotaro saw as Skull/Soukichi, putting the Driver she found in the garage on the table to give him a fighting chance.
Fifth theory: When the facility exploded, it digitized Soukichi's body. He could only manifest once before death and took that oppurtunity to help Shotaro.

In the end, it's clearly a scene designed to inspire discussion and theories as you leave the theater. It should be taken that way.
All right, such nice theories you've got there. Well, I prefer your first theory.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Really glad that extra footage added abit more detail as to some of the workings in the movie.

It was nice seeing Skull give the Lost Driver to Shotaro, though I still feel that scene just felt weird. Ya I can see that they were going for by having Sokichi Narumi be a ghost and give him his belt in Shotaro's time of need, but having him just appear as Skull out of nowhere kinda just doesn't seem to mesh.

I still don't like Toei debuting their new riders in the movie's just having them show up out of nowhere & kick ass. I will say that OOO's certainly had a much better introduction than W did in All Rider's , but still is it possible for the writer's to write up just a short little story as to why Eiji Hino chasing a medal, did Den Liner or Decade just drop him off? Heck you could make one those V-Cinema's for this movie for OOO's showing up and put it on the DC dvd.

Even with those minor gripes this is still probably the best of the Rider movies, very action packed.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

takenoko wrote:I'll gladly squash that. OOO/W is absolutely unrelated. Makes sense really since W Forever takes place before the end of the TV series and OOO/W serves as a sort of epilogue for the show.
I'm guessing that above mentioned movie is in progress and will be released some time august?
Susan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Susan »

Therm_Kitty wrote:
HyperDrake wrote:Theories:
Spoiler

Fantastic theories, all which fit easily into the show. I love #5 myself, though #4 is really amusing and #3 is much more plausible.

As for the Shroud scene, the eye was obviously Maria's. I'm more inclined to believe that it was Maria bandaging herself up, perhaps having become a Never, to become Shroud's double or something, rather than it being Shroud herself thrown in at the end. It would amuse if they turn out to be twin sisters or something.
GenBoy
Go Go!
Dreamy: Momochi Kasumi
Favorite Actor?: Sammo Hung
Favorite Band: Linkin Park
My boom: ~Searching~
Quote: Every technology ages, John. The only thing that never gets old is connecting with people.

Post by GenBoy »

before i DL it, i had expect some change on the terms of sub, probably to match the "missing" dialogue between the theatre and extended scene. but after i DL it, i realized some small change on CycloneTrigger Maximum Drive like the pic below.

yes, they both mean the same thing, but does the DC DVD that you bought had a japanese subtitle/caption (just like US Released DVD with Caption) that made CT MaxDrive name change?

edit: pic link edited from thumbnail to direct image
Last edited by GenBoy on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

How the hell we supposed to see that picture? It's so small and can't make it bigger.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Just take the url and delete the th part of it.

I was actually corrected about the attack name. I checked some sites and apparently it is supposed to be Aero Buster. Just so you know, the DC DVDs never come with subtitles (and they're never on Blu-ray). They go to all the trouble of rechopping up the scenes, but everything else is put out as quicky and dirty as possible.

Return to “Kamen Rider W”