Kamen Rider Eternal movie released

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
Xander Blaze
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W / Kuuga
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Kikkawa Koji
Favorite Band: Tetra Fang
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Ultimate

Re: Kamen Rider Eternal movie released

Post by Xander Blaze »

- Quite satisfying, and giving me a new view of the A-Z movie
- Finally! that Trigger guy said something other than game start!
- Didn't expect Metal guy is actually a defend-the-forest guy
- Is it me or Heat chick looks better in this movie than the A-Z movie?
- No comment on Luna guy/chick/whatever he is, except that he played a bigger role than i expected
- Does anybody noticed the "thing" stuck in between Eyes Depant's umm..... leg?
- So, if you got shot by a gun, an explosion happen, if you got slashed/stab, there's a sound effect but no blood and if you're dying, blood spilled out of your mouth?
- Disagreed with Shoutarou, Daido WILL did what he did regardless Mina is alive or not
天の道を往き、総てを司る!
Ten no michi o Iki, Subete o Tsukasadoru otoko!
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule over everything!

Yes, I'm back
Truthfully.
Disappeared since the end of Kamen Rider OOO
Frøg

Post by Frøg »

The amount of out of suit action scenes were incredible. And also, Eternal's Rider Kick looks highly impractical, but certainly is cool. When Daido first transformed and became Blue Flare, Kiriha's(from Xros Wars) theme started playing in my head, no idea why.
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

When Eternal was fighting Eye's, why didn't he just use maximum drive again? I understand it would be less ''cool'' if the fight ended in a few seconds but consistency is also important
skylarcie
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double/W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Actor?: Takuya Kimura
Favorite Band: Girls' Generation
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: K-Pop
Quote: Ore sanjou!

Post by skylarcie »

atilim wrote:When Eternal was fighting Eye's, why didn't he just use maximum drive again? I understand it would be less ''cool'' if the fight ended in a few seconds but consistency is also important
Well, maybe maximum drive has a cool down time? I mean look, imagine how imbalanced it would be if Eternal could just maximum drive anytime and any number of time he likes. I think it would be more reasonable for Maximum Drives to have a cool down timer, just my opinion though.
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

Yeah I just watched it last night and I agree it is just some major plot holes there. Although I didn't really think he was a 'bad guy' to begin with, he wasn't doing it to take over the world or just destruction. I think he was just majorly misguided in how he accomplish his goals, which brings another plot hole why would he care about Fuuto being use as a gaia memory testing field but then goes and wanting to do what he did in A to Z. The writers should really look over their own work to make a more smoother story line.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

atilim wrote:When Eternal was fighting Eye's, why didn't he just use maximum drive again? I understand it would be less ''cool'' if the fight ended in a few seconds but consistency is also important
Maybe he wanted to beat Eyes up. I mean, he didn't really hate Kazu, apart from the fact that he was associated with the foundation. But it seems like it would be in his character to want to beat up the guy that has been experimenting on all those Quarks.

That, and to draw the movie out.
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

I think something was finally explained in this movie that wasn't in the series:
Spoiler
How Kazu had so much power as Utopia. It finally makes sense. He has but psychokinesis and telekinesis powers. His Utopia memory only has the power to drain the life out of you. His ability to Kick Ryu on fire or his ability to freeze attacks are his own psychic abilities. Even when he drops his memory it's part of the his psychic power that makes it slot into his driver.
BenDTU
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by BenDTU »

Good analysis Takenoko. Your thoughts on the movie pretty well match my own - They should have shown Katsumi's fall from grace, not Katsumi doing one good thing kind of and then deciding to kill everyone for no good reason.

I did have to laugh at the "Present day" part though - It starts with "No! Katsumi was a hero! You killed him!" and by the end they're basically going "Ok so yeah Katsumi was a psychotic madman with no redeemable qualities, you've got me there." It's like halfway through the movie the writers forgot where they were going with it all.
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

They already explained in the A to Z movie that all NEVERs slowly start to lose it and pretty much go insane. Thats probably why it didn't bother me how Katsumi reacted at the end.
For some reason I felt Katsumi deep down knew this and decided to let Mina die as a human
GenBoy
Go Go!
Dreamy: Momochi Kasumi
Favorite Actor?: Sammo Hung
Favorite Band: Linkin Park
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: ~Searching~
Quote: Every technology ages, John. The only thing that never gets old is connecting with people.

Post by GenBoy »

the only blooper i got in this movie is:
- NEVER got first turn to demonstrate their powers. but why the hell they using Masquerade Dopant as a sandbag for their demo, which is Museum property, and the one who's got a last turn on demonstrate GaiaMemory to Foundation X?
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I thought this movie was ok. I did enjoy the action though but felt no connection the characters in this film had to their characters in the A to Z movie film. Takenoko pretty much said it all in his first review on this thread. I did get a kick out the acting of the guy that plays Luna. I can tell he can fight and does his own stunts. Very impressive. I think this movie KINDA accomplishes their mission in making Katsumi a tragic hero but I still don't understand how it matches his motives in A to Z. Out of all the spin-off movies, I rate the Accel movie as my favorite.
Reaver
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black/RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: "There are two kinds of people in this world... The ones that want to be me, and the ones that want a part of me..."

Post by Reaver »

Having Rin on the movie immediately makes this better then the Accel Movie...

Return to “Kamen Rider W”