Kamen Rider Eternal movie released

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Kamen Rider Eternal movie released

Post by XIII »

Numba1shadowfan wrote:You know it is a bit hard to watch the movie when there is COMMENTARY IN THE MOVIE, PLEASE RELEASE A HD VERSION WITH NO COMMENTARY IN THE BACKROUND, PLEASE IM BEGING YOU :cry:
which player are you using so we can try to replicate what you hear, as we have tried in several players and not one of them played both at the same time.

More information when reporting helps us find whats wrong and try to fix it in the future,

also there is no need to use caps, people wont take you any more seriously if you do use them all the time, if anything, people will mock you.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

SimpleGeekAce wrote:Did anyone else notice BoukenSilver as well (he's one of the mercs, gives Rina a thumbs up and in English 'Good job' during the first mission? I love these side movies, its fun to spot various stars.

I also believe the mother of Daido was also Queen Beryl from the live action Sailor Moon series.

Any more bingo?
Did you bother watching A to Z because it was mention countless times in the initial release and the DC release?
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Nice scene with Daido with his neck broken. Nice car, Daido.

Genki Sudo was awesome. He stole all the scenes in which he had a part. Very funny. And risqué, It's a show for kids haueheuae. And his combats were cool. Guess it's easier to do stuff with someone that actually knows how to fight. And he even got away with sexual harassment.

Gun saying good job reminded me of Boukenger.

Daido is smart. He went if the ladies when they got separated.

Of course, the girl gets tortured... But one of those scientists died happy XD That girl was hot.

Bike action ftw

Wasn't professor Kagami's dad? He was very creepy, as KR villains tend to be. Eyes was a cool dopant.

Eternal isn't as cool without the memory holders and the cape. I just don't understand why Daido wouldn't just use his maximun drive to defeat Eyes like he did with utopia.

A lot of background information about foundation X, about Kazu being a Never, about how Daido got his lost driver and about the nevers. It also had war and violence, things we don't see everyday in a KR.

The movie was entertaining. It had an ok plot and good action. I liked the Nevers and how they got along. I would definetely watch more movies with them, for instance. But I just couldn't buy why a zombue mercenary would do all that to free the Quarks. Ok, any man, dead or alive, would help Rin Takanashi and they were also guinea pigs. But still, it was the same guy that did all those stuff on Fuuto. It just doesn't add up.
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

I.freakin.loved.this.movie.

I had high expectations, and i wasn´t dissapointed, the action was great and the plot much better than i expected.

As for the issues some have with the characters....

Spoiler
I can understand what katsumi went through, as they explained during the movie, NEVER´s are slowly losing their memories and with them, their humanity. This movie basically shows us his last moments before he becomes a monster. The appearance of the W cast seemed unnecesary, but did established and important point, during the Forever movie we are shown that if things had been a little different, Phillip could have ended like katsumi. In this movie we see the oposite, if things had been different, katsumi and NEVER could have ended up like Philip and Shoutarou. As i said, this movie showed katsumi last chance to become a hero before he totally lost his humanity, he tried to help these people and he failed, when he saw mina dying he finally snapped, that makes the "i forgot people were devils" line a lot more coherent. He hated humanity because he was different, but he liked mina since she was diferent too, but was a good person, he tried to be a good person and when she died he snapped and that part of him died with her.

Had he brought her back as a NEVER, it would had make him like the humans he hated so much, he would rather see his hope died than cling on to it.

So he lost his last bit of hope and decided that everyone shoul be a monster just like him, for me at least makes perfect sense.

As for the other members of NEVER, it was clear that they followed katsumi because he saved them, he was their hero, but that was not katsumi´s intention. He just wanted strong soldiers to fullfill his goals and they were tools for that goals. He never really showed a lot of symphaty for them asides of their usefullness, at that point he was already a monster, but that monster still had some hope left. That hope died, and eventually the humanity of NEVER died to, but they keep following katsumi because for what remained, he was still their hero.

Reika was the newest addition to the group, so she was the most human, but just for being NEVER´s they will all end up like katsumi eventually. That´s what is portrayed on the Forever movie, the monsters these characters became, in here they were still human, save for katsumi that was on the verge of fully becoming a monster, he was an anti-hero that simple went full villain by the end.

Seriously, i loved this movie, i liked it more that the accel movie, and i loved that one. I don´t think is the weakest of the W movies, it stand just a little below forever, and on top of the skull movie, although that movie suffered just because of a weak villain and being part of a crossover.

As incredible of a feat as it is, this movie made me like the Luna gay whose name i completely ignore, in forever he freaked me out, in here i kind of rooted for him.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I like his line about being with Katsumi.

Makes Eiji seem like a huge asshole now.

Also, just been listening to the song. Fantastic. I suppose there is a difference when done by an actual band then one formed for the purpose for singing a song about the show.
Wasn't professor Kagami's dad? He was very creepy, as KR villains tend to be. Eyes was a cool dopant.
Nah. I think he was the guy that played Yoshito Hirose/Trial B in Kamen Rider Blade.
Numba1shadowfan
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Quote: mind if i reel you in

Post by Numba1shadowfan »

Sorry about being a complete cunt/arse, i gennrely don't like being rude unless someone is rude to or i am completley pissed. Everything is okay now since my media centre doesn't play the commentery its all in the past. And agian sorry for being an arse.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

Numba1shadowfan wrote:Sorry about being a complete cunt/arse, i gennrely don't like being rude unless someone is rude to or i am completley pissed. Everything is okay now since my media centre doesn't play the commentery its all in the past. And agian sorry for being an arse.
>>> Well.. Don't sweat over it. Some people do henshin into complete cunt/arse whenever they're on the internet forums while in reality they are actually just cowards.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

HyperDrake wrote: >>> Well.. Don't sweat over it. Some people do henshin into complete cunt/arse whenever they're on the internet forums while in reality they are actually just cowards.
If there was a like button on this page, I would press it.

My thoughts about the Movie itself:

I really enjoyed this film. Eternal Red Flare (Name for when Utopia guy uses it) Is kinda pointless to me. When I read about it, I was expecting a huge fight scene to break out, not another one of the 'I'm-here-and-now-I'm-gone' type deals, but what can you do?

I liked how they showed Kasumi's transformation from anti-hero to complete villain, even though he is really undeserving of the title (well, only after the events in Fuuto). Looking into it deeper, I can understand why he wanted to turn Fuuto into a NEVER paradise; To have his own army to combat Museum/Foundation X, and I mean more than just his comrades.

Luna Dopant's role in this film just embraces the fact that Japan really doesn't give that much of a f*** as to what their kids watch. I don't dislike his role though (see what I did thar?).

Fire 3 is still kicking behind even outside of her suit. Ms.Perfect is still Ms. Perfect

It's amazing how much Bouken Silver has changed to me. I know the role was a couple years back, but damn is all I can say.

Side note but relevant: Lost Driver was never really explained in the series as a whole. I can only guess that Shroud made them and then later Museum picked up on her works and made the drivers the Sonozaki family uses.

About the music video:
My only issue was the subtitles, not in the form of the way they were styled, but more of the effects (well, lack of.) I liked the blue flame text, but I was kinda expecting more, considering it's a Tv-Nh release. I know someone is probably gonna open up a rant on this, but, as I said before, I still liked the subs.

That's it from me.

EDIT: I do have two issues though, both revolving around the Trigger Dopant scenes, yet also related to Eternal himself. There is no blood, at least when it comes to these fight scenes. I guess it's because it's a kiddy thing, but they show a man grabbing a girls butt, same man having feminist dialogue and movements, as well as having people spit blood out of their mouths. I think kids need to know that when you get shot, blood will fly out and you may/may not die depending on where you were shot. This is also present in the fight scenes with Eternal and his hunter knife. Maybe this is just me, but seeing blood would have filled out the 'action' premise in this movie more.

Nice use of an I-pad by the way (Gonna assume that's what it was)
kursedkey
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
My boom: robots
Quote: kamen rider.... Skull

Post by kursedkey »

Seeing Eternal in W A- Z: i don't like this guy, he is too much of a 2-D villain.

after seeing W returns Eternal: Eternal is now one of my favorite Riders (still can't beat Skull)

i really thought the character development for Eternal was really great. it showed how he was loosing his humanity, but was trying to cling onto it. But when seeing all of the villagers die from Eyes, he lost his grip on both his humanity and his sanity, thus turning into the Homicidal Eternal we know him as. I think this movie does an excellent job at showing the transformation from a Anti-hero, into a complete monster.

this movie gets 4 out of 5 Rider Kicks for me :)
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

I think one line of dialog can make this movie better. If you (i.e. the movie's writers) alter Katsumi's "I momentarily forgot that everyone's the devil" to something along the lines of "I momentarily forgot that I wasn't human" I feel that you portray Katsumi's trip over the edge a lot more effectively, while still allowing you keep the Dutch angles and the Big Damn Heroes fight scene.

I do think the "Make Mina a NEVER" thing was executed poorly, but it makes sense, sort of. Since Reika actually gave a flip, that means it probably made it into the debriefing, which then probably tipped off Mrs. Daido that her son went off the reservation, which then sets up her actions in A to Z.

Those I thought were the only major flaws in the film. Most of take's other grievances are either minor or total non-issues.
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
EonStrife
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by EonStrife »

..nobody mentions about Doctor Prospect's oil-painting-mansion ? I mean, when they showed the mansion from far away, it looks like a horrible zooming in of a painting..
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

From the front page

Well, the movie's been out a few days, does it feature evil characters in your opinion?
About the evil vs evil part.....No I don't get the feeling that Eternal is a evil kamen rider.

You see at the start that he has a ''hidden'' agenda against Foundation X but that does not make you evil. And during the whole movie he is all about free will etc. which again doesn't make you good or evil. But him trying to save those people and trying to motivate them makes him at least ''not a total bad guy''.

Then the movie is about the end and he turns evil.

They didn't really portray Katsumi as a anti-hero but more of a neutral guy going bad at best. If it was a evil vs evil movie then he would have killed all those people that where captured and then revive them so he would have his own footsoldiers.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

I think the tagline of "Evil vs Evil" is just that. Or possibly a case of "The promo writers didn't read the premise of the film." The film's entire reason for being is to show that Katsumi WASN'T a bad guy, but that because of the evils of others, he went down a dark path.
ImageImage
skylarcie
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double/W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Actor?: Takuya Kimura
Favorite Band: Girls' Generation
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: K-Pop
Quote: Ore sanjou!

Post by skylarcie »

Phoenix512 wrote:So I guess Alcatraz is still operational in the W universe. I wonder if Country S is actually Singapore.
No. Definitely not if we refer to reality, although they mentioned southeast asian country and it being country S, because Singapore does not have the luxury of such space... I think its the 'S' was just put randomly? if not it would be Singapore in fiction where it defers from the Singapore in the real world.

back to main topic, I really liked this movie bcuz it is so much more action-packed than previous few (as in non-kamen rider fights) and the story is much better than the previous nonsensical OOO and W Core movie(really makes me wonder just which episode does it fit into the OOO timeline).
Spoiler
I think this Eternal movie links pretty well to the A to Z movie by showing the story behind the NEVER team and especially explaining how, why and when Jun was made into a NEVER. But this movie ain't without a flaw, I agree that they didn't really do a good job in explaining why Daidou decides to turn evil, in fact they did not even bother to. Another thing that bothers me throughout the movie is that ain't they supposed to be corpse and not able to feel pain? Then why when they are hit or knockback and knock onto wall or crash into debris, they expressed pain through both moaning and groaning and obvious face of agony. Of course that's excluding being burned or affected by psychic powers to the mind. That's the only thing I had to tolerate throughout the movie, other than that its all nice popcorn time!

P.S. Reika Hanehara/Minase Yashiro is really hot!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Finally got around to watching this. I'd have to say I was satisfied with the movie. However, I had pretty low expectations going into it, so take from that what you will.

As I sat here trying to pull my thoughts into some sort of coherent order, and after reading through some of the other reactions, I think the problem with this movie is that it's too disconnected from the general universe that was established in W. One of the strengths of the series was how you kept seeing even minor characters over and over again, which reinforced that all of the characters you met during the series - even if they weren't onscreen at that moment - were invested in the outcome of whatever ultimately happened with the GaiaMemories.

I go off on that tangent because the most interesting aspect of the movie for me was the explanation of how and why Kazu ended up as a NEVER. Learning about what (at least partially) made him into the character we saw during the series was pretty interesting. The rest of the lead characters in this movie were too ancillary to the W-universe for to care much about where they came from.

As a couple people have pointed out by now, I think they partially succeeded at explaining why Katsumi behaved the way he did in A to Z - namely, the side effect with the deterioration of the humanity of the NEVERs. I actually buy into the comparison between Katsumi and Phillip now that it's clear that neither had clear memories of what their life was like when they were "alive". Also, the cold detachment Katsumi has for Maria in A to Z makes a lot more sense now. I always wondered if he was ticked that she brought him back to life and made her cater to his every whim as some sort of revenge, but that doesn't seem to be the case after this explanation.

Speaking of Katsumi's death - judging by everything that we now know about Foundation X, is it wrong of my to suspect that Katsumi's fatal "accident" might not have been an accident at all? Seems like the sort of thing the Foundation would get behind in order to motivate the genius behind a potential investment.

Two more quick positive points - I like that Eternal's catchphrase isn't just "Enjoy Hell" because it sounds vicious and/or evil - just like "Count up your sins", it was originally meant literally, since they referred to "Village" as Hell. Likewise, I liked the explicit explanation on why Katsumi was compatible with Eternal. I guess you could have figured that one out on your own, but the clarification was nice.

In the end, despite being Eternal, it's the female leads who steal the spotlight. Reika really shines because, even though technically Mina is narrating the story, you're seeing the story through Reika's eyes. Mina says near the end of the movie that it took her a couple years to find out what Katsumi did. Presumably, there was a significant time gap between the flashback and A to Z, which explains why Reika was a lot less reluctant to join in at the end of this movie when Katsumi announces that their goal is Fuuto, but there's no trace of that in A to Z. It also gives a little more context to her shock when Katsumi insults and doesn’t help her at all after she's been hit by the Maximum Drive. It actually makes his indifference that much more damning in showing how much he changed.

Great to see Takanashi Rin again. She did a good job with the flashback portions, but the writers didn't give her much to work with in the present-day scenes. Case in point - it felt like they didn't know how to end the scene on the rooftop once she finished with the flashback, so they just had her collapse. That was a head-slapping moment.

The first music video (the one that had a storyline) was pretty cool. It's clearly not a direct tie-in to the movie, but it seems like it calls to mind the same themes.

Return to “Kamen Rider W”