Prism Break

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
ChelseaChampion
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Dreamy: LUKA MILLFY
Favorite Band: 24Herbs
My boom: Happiness
Quote: "Black Wing Sleeping Here Forever"

Prism Break

Post by ChelseaChampion »

Anybody has any ideas why the "Prism (prison :lol: ) Break" move uses all but the Trigger and Metal Memories?
Drop. Fire. Gemini. Burning Divide
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Prism Break

Post by OOOKaiser »

Because they never had a chance to use it?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Prism Break just uses the Prism memory.

If you are thinking of the Charge Break attack, then they probably couldn't be bothered using them. Remember, they did use the Final Illusion attack with the Metal Memory, and it made a shield instead of a large beam, so it can be done, but probably wasn't plot relevant/couldn't be bothered thinking up something for it to do.
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

I was going to be all condescending, but I don't think this came up in the series so I'd look stupid if I did that.

Basically, Double uses two types of Memories. Philip has the Soul Memories (Heat, Luna, Cyclone, Fang) for the right side while Shotaro has the Body Memories (Metal, Trigger, Joker) for the left. The Soul provides the power while the Body channels it through an item. HeatJoker gives Heat's power to Double's body, HeatTrigger gives Heat's power to the Trigger Magnum, etc. A Maximum Drive then uses the Body Memory to crank the power being taken from the Soul Memory up to 11.

What the PrismBicker does is take 3 Soul Memories, channel their power with one Body Memory and deliver all that power to the Prism Memory in a Quintuple Maximum. So instead of using one Body to channel 1 Soul, the one Body Memory can channel 3 Soul Memories without Shotaro turning into the Human Torch (R.I.P). Triple the power. Since the Body Memories just give that power form, there's no reason to use more than 1 in the PrismBicker.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

http://ooebihara.sakura.ne.jp/gangu2/ganngu594.html

I think the boring answer is that the Trigger and Metal Memories didn't have a hissatsu sound for the toys. It's been a while so I don't really remember how finishers work, but I guess Metal and Trigger weren't used for finishers like that?
Therm_Kitty
Gabu

Post by Therm_Kitty »

I'm not quite sure about that. I don't own the toy, but it seems like it has 4 Maximum Slots (i.e the slot on the weapon toys that makes the Memories say "XXXX, Maximum Drive!") and pushing the shield/pulling out the sword triggers them all. Even the non-Double Memories have Maximum and henshin sounds just in case a kid wants to be Kamen Rider Anomalocaris or whatever. I wonder who came up with all of those henshin sounds, actually. Hope ze got paid well.

I like the magazine explanation I posted, if only because it clears up a lot of other stuff that wasn't in the series/Encyclopedia.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh, then maybe it's because Metal and Trigger come with the Rod and Gun toys? Since it makes the swinging and shooting sounds too, maybe that doesn't work with the Prism Bicker thing
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

I thought Metal was used, it became like an extra powerful shield but it still got shattered cause the enemy was so strong.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It was used in the second episode of the Gene Dopant Arc. I mentioned that in my previous post.

It's like Bassher Fever, it could theoretically be used, just never was.
ChelseaChampion
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Dreamy: LUKA MILLFY
Favorite Band: 24Herbs
My boom: Happiness
Quote: "Black Wing Sleeping Here Forever"

Post by ChelseaChampion »

Interesting, I always thought that it was because Joker memory can "change" into other memories that's why it's used and the rest of the memories were used because they were "elemental" thus having fire effects for example.
Drop. Fire. Gemini. Burning Divide
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

Therm_Kitty wrote:Basically, Double uses two types of Memories. Philip has the Soul Memories (Heat, Luna, Cyclone, Fang) for the right side while Shotaro has the Body Memories (Metal, Trigger, Joker) for the left. The Soul provides the power while the Body channels it through an item. HeatJoker gives Heat's power to Double's body, HeatTrigger gives Heat's power to the Trigger Magnum, etc. A Maximum Drive then uses the Body Memory to crank the power being taken from the Soul Memory up to 11.

What the PrismBicker does is take 3 Soul Memories, channel their power with one Body Memory and deliver all that power to the Prism Memory in a Quintuple Maximum. So instead of using one Body to channel 1 Soul, the one Body Memory can channel 3 Soul Memories without Shotaro turning into the Human Torch (R.I.P). Triple the power. Since the Body Memories just give that power form, there's no reason to use more than 1 in the PrismBicker.
Splendid.
Hase0
Adventure
Favorite series: Nexus, Kuuga, Kabuto
Quote: A man's job is 80 percent decision making. The rest is just a bonus.

Post by Hase0 »

Therm_Kitty wrote:I was going to be all condescending, but I don't think this came up in the series so I'd look stupid if I did that.

Basically, Double uses two types of Memories. Philip has the Soul Memories (Heat, Luna, Cyclone, Fang) for the right side while Shotaro has the Body Memories (Metal, Trigger, Joker) for the left. The Soul provides the power while the Body channels it through an item. HeatJoker gives Heat's power to Double's body, HeatTrigger gives Heat's power to the Trigger Magnum, etc. A Maximum Drive then uses the Body Memory to crank the power being taken from the Soul Memory up to 11.

did you read it somewhere or you just make that yourself up? it's a cool explanation
Therm_Kitty
Gabu

Post by Therm_Kitty »

Nope, I'm not cool enough to make that up. It's the explanation from the official Kamen Rider Double detail/stat magazine, "Kirifuda."

It explains the Body/Soul distinction early on with the belt and details the PrismBicker along with CycloneJokerXtreme later. Did you know that Prism is a fake channeling memory that Xtreme generates, just like how Accel generates Engine for the EngineBlade? I always wondered about that.

Return to “Kamen Rider W”