zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Kuuga 22 Released

Post by zeta_gundam »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Kuuga_22

Okay, this episode frustrated me a little. A part in the middle got me so damn confused. It's the line pertaining to Unidentified Lifeforms No. 10 and No. 11, and how No. 31 was involved between them. I actually went back to watch the older episodes to check what the hell was that line about. It turns out... No. 10 and 11 didn't appear on screen, and were killed off-screen. Here's how I found out, after some research...

This is from episode 7, about 5 minutes in.

If you still don't know, the Grongis have different groups/classes. Their names will reflect which group/class they belong to. For example, "Zu-Baduu-Ba" would mean that "Baduu-Ba" is in the "Zu" group. In the show, the "Zu" class were the first bunch of Grongi to appear, and most died off pretty fast. In the picture above, you can see that many of the Zu class have been struck-off from the list (the left side ones). The right side ones are the Me class.

Basically, the Zu-class is the lowest that appeared in the show. Apparently there's an even lower class that appeared only in the stage show. The Me-class is the middle tier group; it would seem that No. 31 was a Zu-class who rose to the Me-class between the events of No. 10 and 11. The Go-class is a higher class than the Me and Zu classes. The Me-class Grongis are aiming to become Go.

In episode 6, we had the grasshopper Grongi, Zu-Baduu-Ba (No. 6), killed off by Kuuga Dragon Form. Then in episode 7, the bee Grongi is suddenly termed as No. 14. The bee Grongi is from the Me-class. There's only one explanation, Kuuga was hard at work between episodes 6 and 7, killing off many other Zu Grongis. As you can see, there are three Zu tattoo emblems that have yet to be struck-off during episode 7. The top logo belongs to the leader of the Zu group, Zu-Zain-Da. He's the rhinoceros Grongi (No. 22), and died in episode 12. The one right at the bottom that hasn't been struck off is the bat Grongi (No. 3). The one on top of the bat logo is the logo of Zu-Garume-Re (No. 31), who was promoted to the Me-class.

Other evidence that No. 10 and 11 were probably killed off-screen was what Yuusuke said. He said that when he first encountered No. 31, he could only transform between red and blue (Dragon form first appeared in episode 5). He couldn't see No. 31, but now he can thanks to Pegasus form. Pegasus (green) made his first appearance in episode 7. So sometime between 6 and 7, other Zu Grongis were killed off by Kuuga. That's the only explanation, I guess.

Okay, Grongi lesson over.
I hate this stupid Grongi classification. ><
Merisusa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: PGSM / Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze / Gokaiger
Dreamy: Nephrite / Yumeria
Favorite Actor?: Masato Wada
Favorite Band: Yuzu / Daft Punk
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Gekiga
Quote: We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. -Oscar Wilde

Re: Kuuga 22 Released

Post by Merisusa »

Actually your little lesson was extremely helpful, as I have only just started in on Kuuga and was finding myself a little stumped from episode to episode. I haven't quite gotten used to the baddies names and correlating number identifications yet either. So thanks for sharing... It will make all the difference to be able to watch episodes and feel a little less confused.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I can only imagine it was worse when it was airing on TV since there was no subtitles for the Grongi language.
Glamador
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Quote: "Ore Sanjou...by bike!"

Post by Glamador »

Phoenix512 wrote:I can only imagine it was worse when it was airing on TV since there was no subtitles for the Grongi language.
Not really. I watched a different version before this one and it's amazing how much you glean from body language.

I'm glad I watched it without them first, because it means rewatching isn't a complete retread. I didn't quite pick up on some little things like that one early Grongi's bragging starting that little fight.

But I will never remember Grongi names, classes or no classes.
Last edited by XIII on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No mentioning other groups
Viewed: X, Amazon, Black, Black RX, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, OOO, W, Fourze
Watching: Wizard

Return to “Kamen Rider Kuuga”