That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: I an't tellin!
Favorite Actor?: Everybody
Favorite Band: Fallout Boy
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Question?

Post by Velos33 »

Why are people saying that there are only 12 Episodes of Ultraseven X being made?
FERBALL SNERTS......... Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim Ballard
Go Go!

Re: Question?

Post by Jim Ballard »

Because there are only 12 episodes being made.

The series already completed broadcasting with it's twelth episode in December. This is nothing new; there were only 13 episodes of ULTRAMAN: TOWARDS THE FUTURE and 13 of ULTRAMAN: THE ULTIMATE HERO. Tsuburaya Productions' recent hero series BIO PLANET WOO also ran for 13 episodes. On top of that, most late-night series have a limited run; SH15UYA ran for 12 episodes, LION MARU G ran for 13 episodes, OPERATION: MYSTERY - SECOND FILE only ran for 3 episodes, ULTRA Q: DARK FANTASY ran for 26 episodes, GARO ran for 25 episodes, etc. I believe ULTRA GALAXY is only slated for 12 or 13 episodes as well.

I think 12 episodes is fine for a show like SEVEN X.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Because that's how many episodes the creators felt was needed to tell this story. It's not like it got canceled or anything, they said from the very beginning that this show was 12 episodes.

Notice how most shows are 13ish, 26ish, or 52ish episodes long? That's because it then neatly fits into the quarters of a year.
Pedoleon
Go Go!
Favorite series: Ultra Galaxy
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Monsterpocalypse

Post by Pedoleon »

I really don't think I would have wanted 52 episodes of UltraSeven X anyway. Twenty-six or so, maybe that would have been nice, but for what it is, 12 is more than adequate.

Pretty sure that's the sort of thing Tsuburaya wants to do now, anyway - wildly experiment with the Ultraman formula in short bursts (compare this to Ultra Galaxy) and with multiple series instead of cramming multiple ideas into one show. Experimenting with a full series (and getting stuck at a bad time) got Nexus canceled and didn't do Max any favors.
kbar
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by kbar »

Pedoleon wrote:I really don't think I would have wanted 52 episodes of UltraSeven X anyway. Twenty-six or so, maybe that would have been nice, but for what it is, 12 is more than adequate.

26 would have been nice... :idea:
It would've been nice to see a bit more of the world the show took place in, but I guess ending at 12 is better than being subjected to less than great, filler episodes... :|
Solidus
UNKNOWN HARD ERROR!
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Dreamy: Mika, Ran
Favorite Actor?: Cobb
Favorite Band: LCD Soundsystem
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: shiny objects

Post by Solidus »

You'll notice that most nighttime dramas are 12-ish episodes. @Deep, Densha, Sh15uya, etc. For whatever reason they felt this was best sold and marketed in that bracket. (It is very Sh15-ish)

Return to “UltraSeven X”