Ratings Poll: Gosei Sentai DaiRanger

As promised, we would restart this show when the DVDs are out. Well, they're out now
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< ZyuRanger | DaiRanger | MegaRanger >

What did you think of DaiRanger?

☆☆☆☆☆ 5 stars in the sky
47%
☆☆☆☆ Kung-fu fighting
45%
☆☆☆ 3-star Chinese restaurant
6%
☆☆ The AkibaRanger version was better
2%
☆ Kick in the golden balls
No votes

Total votes: 47
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Ratings Poll: Gosei Sentai DaiRanger

Post by Kuchiri »

I know I might have told this story a long time ago but I don't remember where I posted it so I'll just recap the first time I ever watched Sentai. My mom always worked til 5 and didn't want to hire a babysitter for me when I was going through grade school. So I always did those after school things. In 3rd Grade due to them not understanding what I was saying, I had a speech impediment so no one really could understand me. I was stuck with the 2nd grade group. There was a Native American volunteer that helped out the after school things. I thought he was out of place because he wore a three piece suit at all times. This was when Power Rangers were big so everyone there wanted to be Tommy. I'm going to call him Joe because I don't remember his real name I just know it was short. He brought in VHS tapes all the time for us to watch. Telling us stories about Sentai. I was an American that knew about Super Sentai in the 90s, which was pretty rare especially in Ohio. He brought us two episodes of Sentai once. One Zyuranger and one Dairanger. We had no idea what Dairanger was other than the fact it had Tommy in it. It also wasn't subtitled. The first episode he showed us was weird, all I remember was one of the rangers and a princess was trapped in some stomach of a monster and he punched his way out trying to saved the princess. I decided to download the batch before you guys pulled it and I got to Episode 23 where Daigo and Kujaku is trapped in the monster. I instantly got flashbacks to sitting in-front of the TV with a bunch of 2nd graders amazed that this was a new power ranger team in japan. ((For reference the Zyuranger episode he showed after was the baseball episode.)) Joe also showed us Doctor Who as well, Tom Baker stuff. One can say Joe is probably happy that all his favorite things that he showed 2nd graders is popular now in America.

For my watching of Dairanger, it's really rough to start it. Really rough start. However it picks up very nicely after a dozen or so episodes. I'm rating it as a 4 now but it may change depending on how the second half of the series goes.

Edit: Turns out my memory is wrong since Episode 24 is the baseball episode... I do remember he showed us Zyuranger though. He called the old dude Zordon.
TheAshmanCometh
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by TheAshmanCometh »

I'd give it a 3. I really enjoyed watching the show itself, but it had some of the worst plotting imaginable with horribly written characters. It made up for those issues with really fun MotW and some great fights.
Gallus Faberge
7X

Post by Gallus Faberge »

I gave it a 4/5 for being a good show. I found all of the characters interesting and such, but there were some plotholes in the background story that they never addressed, which kinda bugged me throughout the series.

Return to “Sentai-Gosei Sentai DaiRanger”