midorininger watching dairanger

As promised, we would restart this show when the DVDs are out. Well, they're out now
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< ZyuRanger | DaiRanger | MegaRanger >
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

midorininger watching dairanger

Post by midorininger »

so im up to episode 4 of dairanger and wanted to share my thoughts.

i was taken a back by the gouma having forms but arent human. the toad purse guy i felt was creepy enough but! then we got to key monster! and WOW! i almost cant wait to see more of the series because his human form was ... just special. but my amusement doesnt end there, no. the puppets attacking the city, holding hand guns and everything else theyve done. brilliant! im really loving this series, truely im not be sarcastic. glad i got it from you. i hope its okay for me to make this an on going thread.

lastly the bombs they use to grow was used by lord zed in MMPR. i can sort of see why they used him over the 3 gouma generals since they looks very unsettling for american TV. but when I see them i think they look like the 3 kryptonians sent to the phantom zone from the 2nd superman movie.

wish theyd have used these costumes ....

QUESTION: how long has tv-nihon been subbing for?
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: midorininger watching dairanger

Post by midorininger »

oh i forgot to meantion the ranger kamehameha as their team finisher. in episode 4 they have individual weapons which they somehow now have but im happy assuming they just didnt use them before, and werent something earned. and another forgetten point of joy, the henchmen. THEY tickle me. i mean look at them! and static balls control the mech but thats better than the MMPR version in which they stood at podiums and didnt seem to be doing anything.

episode 5 “pissed off”. going in i knew this was going to be something! and sure enough floating lips licking the air and becoming a sword for the lipstick monster. excellent, please keep getting stranger! 1 thing i like is that it took 5 episodes until the other mechs are needed.

episode 6: she meantions that the kiden beasts are alive. now using recent sentai, some members here were put off by shishioh being a living otominin, and knew living mechs werent a ‘new’ thing. in fact werent the go-onger’s mechanoids living? also when she hunted for the balls ... im reminded of the sailor moon intro, with the 5 different colored balls of light flying at her forehead. and btw wasnt one of them a griffin in MMPR? why change it? last a checked griffins were high enough on the cool scale. oh and lipstickmon is a tsundere ... that laugh ... and when lipstickmon shot a mouth ring blast it had a transformers sound effect! and the way houhouranger’s costume is skirted, they could have done that with all the costumes making the team uniform genderless, without effecting the aestetic of it. and with the team mechs they didnt do the main gattai, they did the carrier version. hmm! suspense!

episode 7: iron mask chouryou looks like a yugioh monster. also kinda lame they NEED to be together to use the ranger kamehameha. i would think with 1 less member it’d be less powerful but they need to be together. points lost 1. also, ive noticed when a lineage is involved, sometimes the past members of said lineage are rangers, while others just use the power without being sentai. if a recall the shinkenger’s parents had ranger suits, and yet, the igaska clan, namely ninninger’s family, didnt, granted it was just their grandpa it seems. wait if iron mask is 6k years old ... lol but anyways the plot deepens! and now im wondering if each member is connected to an ancient clan, likely assosciated with the ancient star beast which was its sovern somehow.

episode 8: the word for traitor sounds alot like the same would either monster. and doesnt shadam’s ring on his face get on his nerves? that would irk me to no end. its not even a monocle or anything, its just some weird bonage costume ...
the priest is an egyptian cyclops saw? in modern sentai, iron masks defeat would have lead to either a super mode for red, or an exclusive weapon for red. here it merely awakened the ability to gattai in a different way. granted, this is before the time of battlizers and super modes. though a special passage armor would have worked, similar to dragonranger’s battle armor in the previous series.

this ends my viewing for tonight.
question: what does gosei mean? we have goseigers, so im curious why the word is used for a different team. is it holy? or divine?

im so glad i got this, thanks tv-nihon!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

We've been subbing since 2003/2004.

I like the key guy. He also plays Tottopatto and has done a few other stunt work.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The Key monster was fun. Especially how Daigo punks him with the exploding illusion door.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

takenoko wrote:We've been subbing since 2003/2004.

I like the key guy. He also plays Tottopatto and has done a few other stunt work.
wow 10+ years and running strong! i asked because the subs on this look aged too, so i thought maybe youve been subbing since the VHS bootleg days of ebay and conventions being prime for fresh otaku food. but i really like your subs your first class!

the key monster and those puppets. i was dying. the revolver and the monster buddy riding the bike. and the one that had the knife come out of its hand. all brilliant ill be watching more tonight.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

episode 9: mirrormon spits out a man, because he was vain. then is appalled that men are vain now. mirrormon would be eating alot of men now-a-days. and nice he doesnt reflect attacks. he instead has his own kenpo, make up fist, and a tounge attack. +1 for not being cliche! ... oh no wait ... -1 their all beam attacks. reflecting light ... and im noticing a trend here. the henchmen get kicked in the crotch a lot. at first, i thought this would be the episode where they used the fire bird attack ... then i remembered which mech that belonged to. but soon! and no one made the 7 years bad luck pun. and peacock warrior lady?! i like where this is going!

episode 10: just noticing in the OP subs that gosei is 5 star ... and taskforce is used for sentai. and not as much flavor of the week, as most of the monster seem to be 2 parters or in this case, the story carries over to the next episode. its not a subplot intertwined with a monster of the week battle. +1! everyone their eyes! they’re wearing bad make up! they’re wearing bad make up! hahaha! and when gara and peacock lady were in a DBZ beam attack struggle, gara looked like she smelled a bad fart. she reminds me of baron asura from mazinkaiser. and poor sakuramon ... you were just ... there to be defeated.

episode 11: beware the magnetic priest! ns ns ns ns! and EW! he touched tenmaranger’s behind with the NS wand! WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!???? ew and why everyone elses butt? and is it just me or does tenmaranger look like kuwabara from yuyuhakusho? magnetmon being defeated by his own power. nice, but couldnt they still have used ranger kamehameha even if further apart? i mean so long as they energy balls merge? and dairenou is a wee bit OP it seems for the time being ... and poor guy ... friend zoned ...

episode 12: ... tofumon?! and drinking?! and oh no! tofumon is a juggling mime! the enemy has gone too far this time! defeat it with extreme prejudice! (jk jk jk) and i release not everyone can have a cool job and i like that the writers made that true here. kirinranger is a hair dresser, i saw that in earlier episodes, but, here its about him so..... and you go green sock girl! future super sentai in the making right there! you avenge your father drunken stooper! and sake must be more potent than i thought if just being doused with it makes you drunk. drunk tenmaranger needs to be a meme! and then, “get drunk with me or a drop a ton of hard tofu on green sock girl!” oh we oh! killer tofu! lol and since when does kiring ranger have a gourd? and wth? tofumon is stupid why would you drink from your enemies gourd? he wants to kill you? drunks eh? and oh he stole dairenous sword! good for him being tofu isnt easy!
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

episode 13: and reality sets in. being a super sentai has no reward other than pride in what youre doing. kabukimon. wow ... using a handgun. not even a magic one at that. but at least the ranger suit is bullet proof. and woah! grandpa threw the guy off the building, cared less and ran off! ive never seen a civilian die in a ranger/sentai series before.

episode 14: at first you think, oh this is an intorduction arc for a new weapon and add depth to pink. then you realize ... oh! its something much more! and hurray! jichan didnt kill the guy! but that sword ... im eagerly awaiting where this goes .... for generals theyre kinda weak. i mean it took 3 of them to repel the ranger kamehameha? byakko shinken ... nice....

episode 15: i was kinda meh on this sportsday filler ... until the monster roll call. now im on board! and tenma needs a hair cut his pompador is getting to be a bit much.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Did you watch the DaiRanger movie? It aired really early on, like episode 8. If you want an example of how DaiRanger is on crack, you should check that out.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

ep: 16 - why are the gouma monsters being kept in sacks? hey i know this guy from animal crossing! the first guyroid i ever dug up! ha! whats with this series and the creepy puppets? im curious now is the kujaku sub plot has a myth behind it.

ep: 17 - WOAH! what did kou just do?! and what did he just say!? come on tenma, a girl scream? but his faces are the best. 2 cheeky kids! at least this one isnt a perv! but even so ... why kids? and parent child drama. this never bodes well ... he did it again! just no hesitation! i like the VS! screen. its pretty cool. and then he strikes a he-man pose after drawing the byakko shinken. i would too .... and, the end is him jumping around playing ... k.

ep: 18 - ugh hes running wild, but i guess they have to tame the “wild tiger”. and byakko is as bad as kou! “you got a crush on the flat chested girl!” and he lives in the eaves ... and the playing of gameboy. was it tetris he was playing? looked like it! EW! he copped a feel of the monster too?! and he has a rock band ... and now that breasts are off limits the skirt is fair game?!

im curious why they didnt use kou in gokaiger. i mean he’d be an adult now right and while they like to use the leader for the grandpower, or at least the member who stood out i guess, i think it would have been cool to see kou grown up and how he may have changed. or at least see luka slap him for being a perv.

no i hadnt watched the movie yet. haha oh yeah on crack? on a scale of bobobobobo to robogeisha how much on crack?
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

episode 19: im liking how the episodes are featuring scenes from the episode in them now. gouma’s power is hatred? then why arent they spreading it to gain more power? oh! tenma has a crush on rin? secretly?! or maybe hes a perv like kou? but still whats a series without some unrequited love? the byakko shinken hiding in his jacket, yet doesnt hinder his movement. and pops around like a puppet when he talks. so much better than saba! and when did kirinranger get a scorpion “get over here!” spear rope? aww kou’s on a date. and look! she sahred poki with him. so nice. watch out toots! hes eichi as jiraiya! oh damn! what a cruel mom! she didnt even care that her daughter was kidnapped. i mean come on. and whats with this gouma kid? i mean, really, obsessing because kibaranger has a better costume than him. or maybe he just wants a friend since he has daddy issues too?

episode 20: lol wait? they travel in saiyan capsule balls, but the back is a reverse pyramid? ok! why not? for a group whos power is hate, they sure seemed shocked when they dont like each other. and gouma the 15th requires you to wear special masks to speak with him. heh, beware the awesome power of his pinwheel of terror! such hatred! orb of prophecy predicts blue prints for a new kiden beast ... yet they dont build their own do they? but let me keep watching. wait ... so ever wears the pinwheel is ... the chosen one?! i <3 you dairanger. well damn evil mama is soul crushing! while i know she is a gouma plot just WOW! she’s so heartless and evil! woah holy bruce jenner batman! gouma boy pulled a sailor starlight to trick poor pervy kou! thats right, when punching him in the face wasnt good enough henshin into a grown man and attack the tween with a sword. teach him to cross the kibaranger! and so only 1 demon sister remains. will she somehow summon her sisters powers for revenge? and what of this new kiden beast? kibarangers story is so much better than white rangers introduction. he wasnt built in some lab thanks to thunder power. i think in the preview there was something of a misinteruptition. in order for the new kiden beast to be born, 5 rangers must come together ... shouldnt it be 6? or is its birth dependant on the main team?

episode 21: i know its justa quirk but rin lives in a mansion right? so why does kou chose to live in the eaves? and sleep in a hammock? she should have other rooms right? yes they are indeed living mech. and as such have to be born! but if 5 rangers are needed, and there are 6, and they are down 1, this doesnt make sense, unless its worded as the first 5 or original 5. i would think the kiba ranger would be needed as its his kiden beast. and akomaru ... i was glad when that powerless brat got hit. good for shadam! nose pinching. nice. and the new kiden beast is about to be born! and i almost didnt think it’d have nice line art like the rest.

episode 22: oh akomaru, that party favor had a needle in it. cute. ha! lol seeya bad guys! were off to give birth to our new mech, youre totally defeating us but we easily leave you in the dust! byees! haha and byakko shinken is just awesome again, he can fly that kid to his beasts birth place. and gouma, throwing go pieces at the bratty kid. while they did hurt, not good enough. and why must we wear masks to speak with gouma? and why is he so insistant and drawing kou into gouma? i mean, sure itd be a nice plot, but, what? because you both have parent issues? please kid, come to america and form a grunge band to ease you angst ... you know ... if it were still the mid nineties. what? why is wongtiger making duck sounds? after all that dramatic build up, its quacking? and then the monster is already big and in his debut battles ... fails? and i remember these scenes from PR. very different in its original content.... and about time! akomaru has some special power! grants very lame but good for the twerp! he did something on his own! and again ... parent issues. and nice not only do we get king tiger, but big king tiger too! so, why is it that the rangers seem to not know who kou is but everyone else does?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

midorininger wrote:im curious why they didnt use kou in gokaiger.
Because they were only running off who they could get and likely didn't have the free time to check if his actor wasn't busy enough to film an episode.
Keiichi Wada (Ryou) was around though, so they used him.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

hmm ... makes sense. or perhaps they didnt think of it. :P
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

episode 23: another kujaku episode. nice i really like these and this subplot! so she needs a peacococks tear in order to save herself and defeat gara. i thinm i see where that is going. but man, should they have depicted the opening in the monsters belly? or whats that just an ulcer? but hey, at least they worked in the 90s “be green” ideals somewhere. she shed feather rather than cough up blood though. despite everything else thats gone on, youd figure he illness would be more graphic.

episode 24: phonemon, thats not a big crazy smile, its actually eye lashes ... and whats going on here? though tenma asking how they were alive was nice. baseball? ok. sportsday again? and im getting the idea this kameo guy is important and i believe i know how, but with this show all bets are off hehehe and these guys dont even seem bad. they almost feel like the team rocket of the gouma tribe.

episode 25: lol wtf? hotel SWEAT?! .... obligitory bathing suit episode? o... okay ... ryuuranger actually looks fitting for his role. the rest are just thin. though i guess when youre just selected for a destiny type thing, you come as you are. unlike it raised to fill that role. wtf ... a kabuto tracer? is ryuuranger a kamen rider too?! when copymon is introducing her copying powers and how xeroxing is 6000 years old apparently, you can see tenma has a tanktop tan line. a tan line i know a bit too well.... so wait the copy shishirangers mist attack is copymon on a tricycle? and now i wonder if they only had costume of dairenou and thats why she only had enough power to copy ryuseiou. not TOO bad for a filler episode.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

episode 26: so ryuranger fights a guy with a panther evil god fist, who is a dojo destroyer? and then rin gets absorbs into pot taoists heat pot. which gains a phoenix symbol, yet he doesnt use her powers or even reflect the powers he ... just is a wall. and where's kou? and as it happens the evil panther fist is whats needed to defeat this guy. now lets see if ryou can learn this demon panther god technique! and suddenly a forest ritual for dark souls for ultimate power!

episode 27: so ryou challenges demon panther guy, in a hope of defeating someone with poor ethics? granted yes a hero thing to do but personal agendas should come second to saving your team mates. like wise, makenshi warrior? so its safe to assume the gouma tribe are indeed all monsters with human sub forms, and not human at all. and how does that big ass mecha hand fit inide that little glove? and whats with the macho brace? its not that ive never seen one its just its making him bleed. wait, he doesnt learn the demon panther fist instead learns a dragon meteor version of it? and they inflated his bicep ... the bicep does nothing when punching. and shouldnt the jar monster been immune to dairenous sword too? because if not they could have avoided alot fo trouble using cutting damage rather than impact. but oo a new subplot is born! hehe i guess this is the closet thing to a psycho ranger japan will ever see?

episode 28: the kings of the heavens shall serve you but dont let them die! yeah right. aaand i know where the lameo guy is going but wtf? is he a man child or something? and thats cool that kazu ran away and everything but things like that never stay hidden. and i thoiught kou's id was revealed ... and for the combination of 4 gods they sure went down easily.... but i guess the purpose here was to remind us that each dairranger has a subplot going on. and hey that glass thing kameo found. at least PR didnt leave that out. and the 4 gods are clay?

episode 29: wow the kiba ranger has a dark secret. and a nice plot twist too. and one with a time limit! and rins grandpa returns! with a bazooka! and the kameo plot is going swiftly enough. too bad he wont be a ranger, id like to have seen Kameranger. lameo getting transformed into a turtle .. i didnt see that coming. no really. and the kids found the demon fog buried unground! oh noes!

episode 30: so the grandfather can make just anything? and he was able to ship this weapon. my my how times have changed! and the kid were digging for hell? like really? and then they intend to just drink in of hell's power? haha loving it! and by age 4 you know when your birthday is. she kept ALOT from him apparently.
episode 31: the 4 gods are very underpowered. i mean at least make them stronger than the generals. and kameo come on. you know kazu needs that jewel. what the shell man, just accepot the jewel and give it to kazu already! and the cursed mask on the face of the guy who worrys about his imagine. and kameo was never a human but rather he was always a turtle?? wait okay a turtle that raises turtles, and awakens and sleeps ... and doesnt want to fight, but when he hears his pal kazu is in trouble is suddely brave enough to face turtle-dom again. the 'super' riryoku bazooka barely did anything to the 4 gods and they immediately went giant. and i take back what i said about PR using the original content. zordon claimed he put a energy stone on a turtle to make tor. this is just a kiden beast re-awakening. it involves a jewel yes ... but not quite the same. and thats how you kill 4 gods. smash them with a super star beast turtle. oh and akomaru is back. because we havent had enough of creepy boy yet.

episode 32: so ... the vagrant is mexican ... and is missing his golden leg. but also is a birdcage and drives a bus? and they summon his potted leg which wasnt prefectly preserved, and not at all destroyed and not even whithered. but thats okay.

episode 33: seriously thought this was going to be a filler no fight episode. they have time for this and yet kous birthday could be rapidly approaching. i mean seriously even from the enemies POV they just fished akomaru from hell, what are they waiting for?
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

episode 34: general cactus. LOL! oh come on daigo. cactus in the winter with a ghost attached. youre my favorite! you can do things like this?! that’s a total shouji or rin move! nooo!!! go back to your kujaku subplot nao! cactus general wasnt anywhere near as creepy as the key monster’s human form from eps 3 and 4. this is about the first time gouma has even mentioned some sort of motive and the motive doesnt seem to go with the powered by hate thing spoken of earlier. but points for not being cliche!

episode 35: i dont get how he went from evil panther to spider but whatever. and now he has spider webs too. jin is something odd to me. they could have demonized him more in my opinion. Sargent cannon. getting a bit military oriented now arent we? hehe what if that dance school is ryunosuke’s house? small worlds do exist! and whats with kou only showing up for the mech battle? like is he ditching school to get in wong tiger for a few? and the generals are creepy enough taking someone away saying they should be their puppet doesnt help.

episode 36: yes a kujaku episode! so we get more of her back story. and really? over a scar?! who’s really more conceited here? gara or kujaku? but they are still looking for that tear ... and why does kujaku illusion have her riding a bike? they couldnt have had he kick or punch or something that she does?! no on a bike. albeit a lethal bike ... and that bell of doom! now kujaku feels bad for gara as she drops another bronze feather.

i wish i didnt have to go to bed because the preview for next time answered a question i had going into this series and im trying my best to keep off the wiki. :D

Return to “Sentai-Gosei Sentai DaiRanger”