Dairanger 17 released

As promised, we would restart this show when the DVDs are out. Well, they're out now
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< ZyuRanger | DaiRanger | MegaRanger >
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Dairanger 17 released

Post by takenoko »

The main character's name is Ryou
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

what a brat kiba ranger is i mean seriously how can they get a kid to play a superhero. kiba ranger finally appears though. the evil kids pretty good for a villain actually. so the three gouma heads here aren't the main villain then whose is controlling the gouma?
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Tuss4 wrote:if one more person mentions PR... Anyway! Good episode, did it look like the Dai Rin Ken could be split into two at one point? It doesn't seem like Ryu is really the leader, is anyone else getting that feeling? I know of course that each dairanger has had an episode for character development, despite that I'm not feeling any leader presence from Ryu.
Well, that's the thing, I don't think Ryou IS the leader. The Dairangers are a team of equals, kind of like Dekaranger. Doushi Kaku is their leader. Ryou is only a leader in the sense of being red, and therefore the face of the team for future generations.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

(Spoiler'd for PR talk)
Spoiler
Battra wrote:
Spoiler
Having watched PR never would have guessed that Tommy's counterpart was a kid in the original footage, & i'm guessing this is also where they got the idea to do the exact same thing in PR.
Spoiler

Well remember that the main five Rangers were still using the Zyuranger suits and upgraded the Puttees in season two, so they couldn't use any Kibaranger footage that also had any of the other Dairangers or the kottopottoro in it (Which, without having watched past 13:44 of this episode as I type this, I'd guess is most of it.), so most of the manchild body language never made it overseas. Although I always thought it was weird, when he first called the Tiger Zord, how he jumped for joy when he saw it coming. He never did that for the Dragonzord, even though he referred to it as his old friend...

So, what does Kou do in his first episode?
-Steal a milkshake from a teen couple
-Molest a woman, call her small-breasted and then run off with her purse.
-Ransack her apartment

Apparently, GokaiSilver/Gai Ikari's actor wanted to be this kid when he was little. Do you think he ever imitated any of the above, claiming Byakko Shinken made him do it? How many parents do you think complained to Toei over their kids imitating this little brat?

In any case, I'm hoping the writers won't stretch out Kou's "Look how awesome this new guy is!" period any longer than necessary, the best part of sixth rangers who're kind of annoying is the period where they're the prime punching bag for when the writers need to establish how powerful a monster is.
I'm also hoping the dramatic irony of Kou's identity as Kibaranger doesn't last for more than five episodes.
Hears All
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Miu!!!
Favorite Actor?: Yumi Sugimoto
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Hears All »

A solid introduction, i'm not liking Kou so far, but I guess they will develop him more. I hope he has an awesome fighting style like the other Dairangers

Return to “Sentai-Gosei Sentai DaiRanger”