Dairanger 18 released

As promised, we would restart this show when the DVDs are out. Well, they're out now
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< ZyuRanger | DaiRanger | MegaRanger >
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Dairanger 18 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's every kid's dream to be a superhero but for Kou, he gets to be a superhero but uses his power to lift up girl's skirts.

Spoiler
It was a bit mean for Rin to trick Kou about his mother coming back to him. Regardless how much a perv and goof-off that Kou is, saying someone's mother is coming back for him when it isn't true is mean. I love how Byakko flew the ball back at Kou for misusing his power and death by rock band for Earring Priestess is a fitting death.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Re: Dairanger 18 released

Post by Battra »

Well i'm guessing by the way Kou & Akomaru seem to have encountered each twice now that were heading to a past connection with them. So we know the name of the rock band that killed Earring Priestess or did the go unnamed in the credits? Also Byakko seems to have taken a page out of Seig's book and has started to use his catchphrase.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
gmottl
Mega
Favorite series: Rider-Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: ppgz, mrr, too many
Dreamy: fourze girls, luka
Favorite Actor?: jirou zanki garulu
Favorite Band: nightwish
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: MLP:FIM
Quote: just because you're a genius doesn't mean your a smart guy- PPG narrator
just because i'm an idiot doesn't mean i'm stupid- Spencer Shay

Post by gmottl »

Battra wrote:Also Byakko seems to have taken a page out of Seig's book and has started to use his catchphrase.
uh wouldn't it be tother way round, this came out in 93 and den-o in about 2007, that 14-15 years so unless seig was around saba- er, byakko for a while i thinks you may have forgotten your temporal mechanics.

Spoiler
sorry, just being a dick (as quagmire) HA!
Anyone remember when the news didn't want to make you punch the nearest thing to you, me neither.
omechron
Adventure

Post by omechron »

spoiler]Remind me not to screw with Rin. That was just plain EVIL. Christ. Kinda makes my usual squick at Japan's "sexual harassment is funny" shenanigans feel a little less justified. That was just plain frigging twisted.[/spoiler]
Well i'm guessing by the way Kou & Akomaru seem to have encountered each twice now that were heading to a past connection with them.
Yeah it's pretty obvious isn't it? Two mothers that "disappeared" revealed in the same episode? LOL. At LEAST half-brothers for sure.
Also Byakko seems to have taken a page out of Seig's book and has started to use his catchphrase.
"Your heads are high" seems to be a common way for Japanese nobility to say "Why aren't you bowing, peasant!?!" It shows up in the last little bit of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger too. Kind of an odd thing for the otherwise relatively informal byakkoshinken to say. But it seems to have its desired intimidating effect :P.
uh wouldn't it be tother way round, this came out in 93 and den-o in about 2007, that 14-15 years so unless seig was around saba- er, byakko for a while i thinks you may have forgotten your temporal mechanics.
>temporal mechanics
>Sieg
>Implying that any coherent form of linear chronology applies to any Den-O character.

:lol:

Besides, if you asked Sieg he would probably claim that he invented it. Also that various emperors in Japanese history are imitating his style. And that he inspired the story of Swan Lake.

It must be hard to be that popular and influential. :roll:
Last edited by takenoko on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Broke spoiler tag
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I liked the way Rin lied to the kid. Haha, dumb kid. You think your mom is back that easily? Nope! What a dumb kid

Kou is pretty cool. Got to love mischievous kids
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

I'm still not completely used to Kou. The perverted old master ala Muten Roshi/Kame Sennin, I'm used to. But a kid in what is supposed to be a kid's show?

And anyone else noticed that the role-call format changed since a few episodes ago? First the central character of the episode announced the team and stood in the centre, but now while that character still announces the team, red is always in the centre.

And what? No enlargification bomb? In that case I'm really hoping for a three on one or a potential three on two.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I guess it's like my explanation from my co-worker to me about the Japanese kid's books about this lady who solved her problems with explosive farts. It's from a culture that doesn't stigmatize against peeing in the street, so what's the big deal about farts? But from my end, it still was kind of a strange thing to my western sensibilities

I don't think of Kou as being perverted so much as he's being naughty. It's not that he's super into girls, it's just he knows how to gather negative attention. In that sense, he seems more earnestly like a young kid to me
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

KIBAAAARENNNNJYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAA
SANKYU

archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Yes, it was a long wait. J/K guys. I still feel bad for Rin. He touched her 3 times across the two eps, but she gets to be the ass. Even though Kou started it.
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

Kou is pretty much like what i like at that age.
Only i didn't pull a talking sword out of a rock and become a Sentai Warrior. (mine was a talking mace)
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

The scene with Kou's mom branding his arm was really creepy. I guess it is a reference to the story about Shaolin monks branding a tiger on one forearm and a dragon on the other after graduating from their training. Ryou's dream last episode about Kou's arrival probably happened because his animal is a dragon, the other half of the tiger-dragon symbolism.

Sadly, Kou doesn't seem to understand that his problems with the old couple. It didn't matter if they weren't related by blood. When you act like a brat, you can't expect love in return. He's lucky that Rin had a change of heart because of guilt.
swb90
Go Go!

Post by swb90 »

poor Rin getting groped by Kou...Kou needs to take lessons to respect pretty ladies >.> *don't mind me~...I find RIn really pretty~*...
totally enjoyed these few episodes after the debut of KibaRanger....I wonder how Rin will react when she finds out she got groped by a fellow DaiRanger...
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

kids never use superpowers for your personal gain!
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

I've gotta take Rin's side on this one. The kid groped her, ran off with her purse, abandoned it where anyone could've picked it up after taking the keys to her apartment, ransacked said apartment, had spare keys made for himself and lied to his foster parents to move himself into her place without giving her any say in the matter whatsoever.

He deserves a lot worse than being given false hope about his mother, considering he could have just told the Dairangers who he is. Why is Byakko insisting that they not know who their new comrade is, again?

Return to “Sentai-Gosei Sentai DaiRanger”