Feelings of Dai Ranger so far

As promised, we would restart this show when the DVDs are out. Well, they're out now
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< ZyuRanger | DaiRanger | MegaRanger >
Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Favorite Actor?: Johnny Depp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Tokusatsu
Quote: 'If you can't learn to love yourself... how the hell are you gonna love anybody else?' - RuPaul Charles

Feelings of Dai Ranger so far

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

I'm really glad that TV Nihon have decided to sub this series. i remember watching your old TV scan subbed files and just being rather impressed with what I was watching. but then again, I find the sentai programs to be far superior in certain respects than some of the stuff crammed down our throats here in the states.

I'm just curious about what people think about the series so far, granted its not complete yet, but I was just wondering what people think of the series. my only reservation has to be the KibaRanger aspect, the young kid taking on an adult responsibility. as I've read about him acting all juvenile and trying to grab the girl's breasts and look up her skirt. that sort of thing could get somewhat distracting to the main action.

So, is this something you would recommend or what?
DM1
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Re: Feelings of Dai Ranger so far

Post by DM1 »

I love Dai-Ranger!! :mrgreen: This is my all time favourite sentai!!
WHATEVER HAPPENS WILL BE!!!!
Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Quote: 'If you can't learn to love yourself... how the hell are you gonna love anybody else?' - RuPaul Charles

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

Cool. well, now that they've got the DVDs for the series, which means higher quality video files, I am definitely looking forward to rediscovering this series.
gantonis
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Super Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Power Rangers
Dreamy: Sazer Velsu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by gantonis »

Well ,this season is good, like Jetman and Shinkenger.
GcnMaster
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: DaiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Favorite Band: Labor Day
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by GcnMaster »

I would recommend DaiRanger so hard, you don't even know.
LonelySoldier
Gabu
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Ryukendo
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: AKB48
Quote: Being forgotten is much more painful than being hated...

Post by LonelySoldier »

From what I've seen so far... This series is so BRUTAL, with all the bleedings, violences toward human, blahblahblah...

But I have no doubt that DaiRanger has a really deep story and of course, lots of totally-badass fighting scenes...
What I've learned from watching Kamen Rider OOO :
Don't be greedy, except for Bandai's stuff...
ciaranproudfoot
Number 6
Number 6
Favorite series: SuperSentaiShinkenge
2nd Favorite Series: Super sentai Gekiran
Favorite Band: Queen
My boom: Super Sentai
Quote: I like Toffee Apples

Justice league Cry for Justice

Post by ciaranproudfoot »

It does indeed look like a great super sentai alright but i have concerns about the white ranger in this. from what is discriebed in the series he seems to be a nine year old boy who enjoys looking up woman's skirts and feeling female rangers breasts. doesnt that sound a bit odd
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

If you watch the fight between Ryou and Jin, it hardly feels like a sentai series at all. I guess its because they hardly do any out of suit fighting any more. Great series.
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

ciaranproudfoot wrote:It does indeed look like a great super sentai alright but i have concerns about the white ranger in this. from what is discriebed in the series he seems to be a nine year old boy who enjoys looking up woman's skirts and feeling female rangers breasts. doesnt that sound a bit odd
A perverted boy? No, that doesn't sound very odd.

Seriously, I think the best course of action is to watch the show and see how you like it and how much KibaRanger's antics do or don't bother you in context.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Catastrophe wrote:If you watch the fight between Ryou and Jin, it hardly feels like a sentai series at all. I guess its because they hardly do any out of suit fighting any more. Great series.
The Jin episodes are the pinnacle of DaiRanger, imo. Strangely enough iirc, they were written by Toshiki Inoue.
GolgoThirteen
Gao
Favorite series: Shinkenger
Favorite Actor?: Chuck Norris
Favorite Band: Drake

Post by GolgoThirteen »

That assassin dude is cool, now apparently he's "rogue" like Juzo from Shinkenger, I think these kind of characters are cool.... forgot his name, ok found it: Jin! Now he's all powered up, this is gonna be sick, guess we'll have to wait until we get subs past 30, but I might just go raw like I did wit Zyuranger.

So I've only been into a few Sentai series (finished Shinkenger, Zyuranger, 30 episodes done Dairanger, 10 episodes into Goseiger and Go-Onger). I know the Sentai usually have reoccuring elements: Red Ranger is leader, cannon, mechas, maybe a "Sixth ranger" joins the team, maybe an "Extra Hero" joins the team. Is this "rogue" type character like Jin and Juzo a reoccuring element? If so, what is the term used by the Sentai fandom?: "Extra Villian"? "Rogue Villian"? "Lone Rogue"?
marvelous_lie
Number 6
Number 6
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dairanger

Post by marvelous_lie »

I'm only eight episodes into DaiRanger, and I'm actually digging it. Especially the suits. What's surprising to me is how violent it is.

God, I miss 90s Television.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:The Jin episodes are the pinnacle of DaiRanger, imo. Strangely enough iirc, they were written by Toshiki Inoue.
Woah. I'm soon expecting a death at a river. But seriously. They are my favourite ones in the whole series. In fact, probably my favourite in all of sentai.
Favine
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sazer X
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Rider Kick
Quote: Mizu

Post by Favine »

Just started watch and already love the series so far, it's sentai but at the same time it's a little more hardcore then most. ((Maybe not like that older ones were members we murdered but still.)) and the fighting is good a lot of styles being show. ((I don't know whats up with the all leather enemy's but it's good stuff.) ?I like the key monster when he is in human form, makes me laugh every time i look at him.
Stop, Wait, Cake Time
Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

regarding the KibaRanger, if part of his story arc is that he does learn to mature and 'grow up', then that will be fascinating to see, cuz I'd hate to think that by the end of the series he's still trying to cop a feel of the female Ranger.

Return to “Sentai-Gosei Sentai DaiRanger”