DaiRanger 31 DVD Released

As promised, we would restart this show when the DVDs are out. Well, they're out now
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< ZyuRanger | DaiRanger | MegaRanger >
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

DaiRanger 31 DVD Released

Post by XIII »

We're back with another DaiRanger episode to blow your minds with,

Enjoy
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: DaiRanger 31 DVD Released

Post by Catastrophe »

I love Heavenly Chi Palace. It's such a mundane killing technique, but it works.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Yes. Been waiting forever for this episode. Daimugen is my favorite from Dairanger. Really great twist with his past.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

They really jam pack some of these episodes with alot of stuff, having Kazu get attacked by Goma & Kameo turning into Daimugen. You'd think they'd have at least split this into a two parter, but no and as such the revelation that Kameo was Daimugen & his resolve to fight kinda felt disappointing.

I like that Daimugen got more of a backstory then his American counterpart, heck they even gave him some personality, though why Toei opted to use Anguirus's cry when they got him talk for most of the fight is beyond me. Gotta love that finisher the Heavy Armor Qi Palace preforms, all the monster needs to do is move outta the way and the team's finisher is rendered void.

Oh and it appears Akomaru is back, not only that he as pulled out of the abyss with a fishing pole. Gotta love these early Sentai series they do some really weird stuff.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Then what was the last episode supposed to be if you think this episode isn't a two parter? I recall that this episode is actually the second part of the previous episode.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

Awesome! I just recently watched through what you guys had previously subbed of Dairanger. I wasn't expecting you to return to it so quickly.

What's up with fishing people out of Hell? They did it in another Sentai I've seen. Is it based on some sort of legend?

I'm kind of disappointed that Kou is talking for himself now while he's Kibaranger. I liked Byakko's attitude.

edit: While I like Daimugen. I've never really liked the final combination. Probably because Wong Tiger doesn't really do anything in it. It could be completely absent from the combination and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
Oh well, I guess it is an excuse to get all six of them in the same cockpit.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Phoenix512 wrote:Then what was the last episode supposed to be if you think this episode isn't a two parter? I recall that this episode is actually the second part of the previous episode.
Yeah your right, but the way this episode was presented it felt like they took two episodes and combined them together, the whole Kazu ordeal just seem's like it didn't really fit in with the Kameo/Daimugen story, I guess it also didn't help that Yufang just seemed to pop up out of nowhere and explain everything to Kameo and the audience.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I think Battra helped me finally figure out why I can't seem to get into Dairanger. In most episodes, it feels like we're getting an outline or a summary rather than a fleshed out episode. The writers manage to throw the important plot points at the audience, but there's not much supporting them. I'm sure a longer run-time has helped modern sentai go into more depth in each episode, but I think more could have been done to consistently tell a more complete story.

Return to “Sentai-Gosei Sentai DaiRanger”