Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ratings Poll: Tensou Sentai Goseiger

Post by takenoko »

How did you find Goseiger?

I really don't think it's as bad as some people say, but it does lack a certain fun and creativity that's hard to screw up in Sentai. I think a lot of it was the bland writing. Like Kobayashi made all the episodes of Toqger feel like they were worth watching, while Goseiger did not. And for that, I give it a 2.

My Goseiger tumblr in case you want to refresh your memory with pics:
http://takkynoko.tumblr.com/tagged/Tens ... i-Goseiger
Gokai Green
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger
Dreamy: Luka
Favorite Actor?: Ryota Ozawa
Quote: "In order to gain something, you must give something up."- Basco

Re: Ratings Poll: Tensou Sentai Goseiger

Post by Gokai Green »

I gave it a solid 3. While the show wasn't amazing......it wasn't bad either and it's one of them shows I'll rather watch again than sit through Go-Busters and Toqger. The show started out slow for me but it started coming on it's own once the Yuumajuu arc started and GoseiKnight came into the picture. Alata is probably one of the best reds we've had this decade along with Captain Marvelous. Alata is one of them folks who you don't immediately judge by his appearance because the sweet bubbly personality switches off once you piss him off. The suitless fight between him and Dark GoseiKnight and him taking Brajira attacks and blocking one was pure badass.
dualvision1984
7X
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Quote: The meaning of the journey lies within the journey itself - Eijiro Hikari, Kamen Rider Decade
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by dualvision1984 »

Goseiger... although there are some bad moments in the show, the rest is good. One of the things that made the show good is the plot twist of show where the main antagonist is a former Gosei Angel. A Gosei Angel is so great that his ability get over to him which made him twisted. 3 out of 5 for me.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. It was just kinda there and never really got that interesting. I think that's honestly the most damning for a kid's show, you've got to have something to keep people coming back week after week. It's definitely not Wizard bad but it's in my bottom ranking because it was just such a slog to get through.

Person who ranked Gosei 5, defend yourself!
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

It started out okayish, I enjoyed all the flashy new mechas with new interesting skills and combinations. Then after that, the writers ran out of ideas and kept churning out MOTW episodes till the very end. I was actually dragging myself through watching the whole thing because it was so boring. They only replace the villain groups but they still feel very boring. It's unlike Boukenger where they have 3 villain groups at once. In Goseiger it seems like they make you watch a villain group until you get so sick of it, then change to the next villain group.

The saving grace for it is its ED theme, which is the most epic Sentai song ever to me, and the special effects are one of the best effects ever too.

So 2/5.
PolarPhantom
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
My boom: It changes so often.
Quote: It's time for Toku!

Post by PolarPhantom »

Well... The real villain was kinda cool, and I liked Gosei Knight, but it's ultimately a very bland, average affair. I actually feel a little sorry for it.

When I first watched that first episode I was blown away, but only because I hadn't watched a Sentai season before. I had watched a few films and team ups though. And I had been out of PR for a while, so the effects and stunts wowed me. I have now watched better seasons, and thus the flaws of the show are apparent. It certainly suffered being sandwiched between samurais and pirates.

A 3 from me.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Defend yourself!
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

I voted one purely on the grounds that I couldn't get through it and more or less threw in the towel when the second arc was starting.

And honestly, while I know what happened to Buredoran (or however his name was romanised) but otherwise I think constantly switching villain groups was a mistake. It turned what should have been a dramatic build up to a boss fight into another Monster of the Week
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Fuck what you all say. I loved it. Angels using cards was a little strange, but other than that it was nice. They pulled the changing villains thing very well, the mechs were great and by god the music (except the OP song) is fantastic.
Banjo
Infinity

Post by Banjo »

A 2, but only because I love Mikiho Niwa.
xPrimexTimex
Infinity

Post by xPrimexTimex »

It's not that Goseiger was bad, it was just bland. The Goseigers felt very generic to me and not very interesting. Of course, I'll have to disqualify myself a bit by saying that I didn't finish the series due to lack of interest. It's a shame since it had really cool music and I liked the suits. 2/5 for me.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

It's funny how I liked the shows that everyone else hated. I gave it a 5.

I liked the characters. The story wasn't about 3 or 4 groups that went against the protagonist, but about one fallen angel that used those 3 groups for his own goal. It's also one of the very few cases in Sentai where the big bad is related to the protagonist, well more than "we've been assembled to fight those guys".
I liked the angel motif and the various villains. In fact, there was almost everything you can find in a Sentai.
It was both a funny and serious series.
Bomyne
Go Go!
Favorite series: Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Bomyne »

Definitely one of the best shows of all time.

What did i like about it?

First: GoseiRed wasn't a hyper red. He wasn't a serious red like BoukenRed and ShinkenRed but he wasn't an idiot like GekiRed, KyoryuRed, etc. Thats an immediate plus for the show.

Second: I like the suit designs. They are simple and yet fun. And the Super Goseiger armour was simply amazing.

Third: GoseiKnight. Do i really need to tell you why this bad ass was just so awesome?

4: While the shows writing wasn't as strong as Gokaiger and Go-Busters that followed it, it did have some of my favourite episodes. The first episode itself among those.

5: Music. Oh man. If i can listen to ONLY goseiger songs for the rest of my life, i will be happy. The song called "Fight" is my favourite Sentai song overall, and is beaten only by Drive's theme as my favourite tie-in music. I just wish someone somewhere had done a translation of the lyrics.

6: Lack of dancing ending. I prefer the adventure style endings.

7: Fallen Hero main villain. What more is there to say? It was unexpected.

8: The team. The show had a strong cast, and great acting.

9: The mecha. Really well designed. Great moral implications with using the header stone for Gosei Ultimate.

What more can i say? This is a show that deserves a 10 out of 5, but since i can't vote that, i gave it a 5.

That said, there are things i disliked. The card gimmick being the main one.
Lunagel wrote: It's definitely not Wizard bad but it's in my bottom ranking because it was just such a slog to get through.
I really wish people would stop hating on Wizard... That show is still one of the best shows TV-N has subbed. It makes me sad to see the hate it gets :(
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

Bomyne wrote:I really wish people would stop hating on Wizard... That show is still one of the best shows TV-N has subbed. It makes me sad to see the hate it gets :(
You are kidding right :shock: Of the Kamen Rider shows I've seen (starting from Kiva and skipping Decade) it is easily the weakest by far. Goseiger may have been bland but that's its only fault. Wizard was ultimately rather bland as well but unlike Goseiger that blandness ultimately wound up undermining and betraying the far more interesting ideas that it tried to set up. Being boring is one thing, promising being interesting and then being boring is in many ways far worse.
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I think that Wizard's a stronger candidate than Goseiger, although the series are probably too different to compare. Wizard had more high points to me than Goseiger.

I think people beat on Wizard just because it's the weakest Rider series in recent memory. I've definitely seen worse Rider series. But let's save that debate for the Wizard thread: viewtopic.php?f=203&t=16921

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”