2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Actor?: Will Smith
Favorite Band: Boyz II Men
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: World Of Warcraft

Re: Goseiger Epic 1 Released

Post by Mr. Gone »

Not bad. It didn't grab me immediately like Shinkenger and Boukenger did, but unlike Dekaranger (quit watching because I hated it), and Go-Onger (still watching it but not really into it) it has me more interested in what's coming next.
Admiration is the emotion farthest from comprehension
-Sousuke Aizen
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

All the girls are legal this time! Rejoice!
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

This series gave me a serious Zyuranger vibe. They're all part of different tribes, the Gosei Buster is a lot like the Howling Cannon, the bad guys are from outer space, there seems like there's going to be a "help an elementary school kid through a problem" in every episode thing going on...like I said, a LOT like Zyuranger.

Which hopefully means that the sixth Goseiger will be antagonistic like Burai was. Probably unlikely, but I can always dream.

This first episode didn't impress, but I didn't hate it. I'm looking forward to seeing how good this series can become. Then again I'm one of those weirdos who liked Go-Onger better than Shinkenger (ducks to avoid incoming tomatoes).
leron9999
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Nana Yanagisawa
Favorite Actor?: Tori Matsuzaka
Favorite Band: E.S. Posthumus
My boom: Drawing
Quote: You make the best of a bad situation by learning from it.

Post by leron9999 »

I dunno this one doesn't seem like such a good series. Shinkenger was too good for its own good to the point that it's hard for most of us to move on. A lot of stuff in the episode just didn't cut it. And Alata is kinda... gay.
Saisho ni itte oku... Ore wa, kanari tsuyoi!
http://leron9999.deviantart.com/
DrStrange26
Adventure
Favorite series: Bioman
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Jasmine Dekayellow
My boom: Sentai, Anime

Post by DrStrange26 »

in my opinion....this show looks like its a mixed of Magiranger, Decade, Ryuki, Blade all bunched up into one series with younger actors. Them doing henshin or powering up with the voice of the changer sounds a bit like from Ryuki or Decade.

We'll see how the show develops since its just the first episode. totally agree that Red is not somewhat the leader of the group since he's a bit of a klutz. I have noticed too that when they are doing the roll call Pink came second and blue last as opposed to the other sentai series that pink always came last on roll calls. That's an interesting thing that they have a woman this time being a leader of the group.

Marika "Jasmine" Reimon(DEKA YELLOW)
Animetigerlily
7X
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
My boom: Trip-hop

Post by Animetigerlily »

I haven't really seen all that many sentai series ((okay, i've seen magiranger-present ((gosei)) )) but in this first episode alone, i saw quite a few similarities with other sentais^^

1. recycled magiranger sound effects
2. Big 5-piece cannon sort of reminiscent of super highway buster from go-onger
3. the grunts remind me a lot of the uguts for some reason...
4. not to mention, the 3 big baddies are ((from what I gather)) more evil versions of the 3 gaiark ministers.

there's more, but i can't be bothered to list them...

okay, so i noticed lots of go-onger similarities, but you get my point ((i hope))
Dracus
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!

Post by Dracus »

Hmm... I've yet to watch a Super Sentai series that I haven't liked, but Goseiger's going to have to put extra effort in to win me over on this one.

I like the ideas and the themes they've gone for, but it's presented in such an awkward manner it's hard to get into.

First off, the OP and ED aren't bad, but I don't rate them too highly either, which is a shame since the ED especially is so catchy.

Secondly, the suits etc... I like the suits, but the helmets, particularly the black animal logos, just don't seem quite right, mainly since they're so darn big. Speaking of big, what's up with their card-slot face-things? They look downright odd, don't seem to fit in and for what they are, they're HUGE.

Weapons were OK, thought the summoning sequence for the heads seemed a bit over the top for their use, but it's not a big deal. The Buster looks really awesome though, although the enlarging cards do seem a bit strange.

Onto the actual episode; maybe it's just me, but I thought the pacing was terrible. On top of that, there's lots of vague information everywhere and not enough expansion (Tribes, the brother and sister, the whole 10 days later skip, etc. etc.). Also gotta agree with others who have pointed out the bad explanation Alata gave Nozomu... It makes me less interested in finding out the rest of the details and more agitated.

Also, I find a lot of the editing and general scene setup very... Unconvincing. Particularly just before Alata gets himself thrown through the wall, and going through the wall itself. Speaking of unconvincing, I'm hoping Alata's actor gets better, he's easily the worst out of the cast for me at the moment.

There's more that I could go into, but another time maybe. An OK start to the series, but it needs a lot of work.

Thanks to the TV-N staff, as usual. :)
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

This isnt the first time we got vauge backstory off the bat, remember boukenger, that started off right in the middle of a mission with all 5 rangers there, we didnt get back story on that till late and at times was vauge and sketchy, heck we didnt get bouken yellows back story till quite away into the story. so its not a new concept at all, the whole idea is to draw people and get there attention while giving away as little information as possible, its called a plot.

heck even thinking about it, Dekaranger started off in a strange way and had vauge story line aspects at the start.

To be honest it seems like lots of you are comparing this to shinkenger and instantly putting it down and finding things to hate about it cause its not your beloved shinkenger, its not supposed to be the same as shinkenger its supposed to be different, its the whole point of having a different theme from the previous years.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Isn't that the same for Go-Onger's first episode though? We were so pumped off of Gekiranger, we had a few doubts as to whether it could follow as well?

I'm sure most of us know that no two Sentai will ever be alike but coming off another season, comparisons will be made. And just like some were all like "NO WAI! SHINKENGER IS AWESOME, SCREW GO-ONGER," the references and comparisons to previous seasons will die down for sure.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Azazel wrote:This isnt the first time we got vauge backstory off the bat, remember boukenger, that started off right in the middle of a mission with all 5 rangers there, [...] its called a plot.
Boukenger at least had that little pre-intro where they explain about the SGS foundation, etc. This... didn't really have anything. :?
AsakuraZ
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W

Post by AsakuraZ »

I wasn't too surprised at the first episode. Oddly enough seeing those promos gave me a vibe how the show was and it seems I was about right. Now to separate from some of the posters, I didn't watch Shinkenger all the way through, so I don't really plan on comparing the two.

I think this show has some potential. Like some of my favorite shows, I didn't find the first episode that enjoyable. I always view them as pilots, like they are still working out all the kinks in the show. If I didn't look at it like that I would of missed out on a lot of shows, Kamen Rider and Super Sentai alike.

Some things I could do without is the arm swirling transform action. I'm pretty sure we'll only see that when they have time to full pose. Just like any show they'll probably be a lot of fight scenes were they just quick transform on/off screen.

I'll continue to watch this series. I'd like to see how it goes.
Adam_Strange
Quote: "In the not to distant future..."

Post by Adam_Strange »

Shinkenger is a tough act to follow, it's been said so many times. I don't know how to contribute to it. I guess I'll compair it to doctor who.

Everyone loved David Tennant, he was silly but he could also be serious, he wasn't too over the top ( go-onger) but he had just enough chrisma to keep people interested. I knew kids who hated science fiction and anything unrealistic, but when I showed them tennant they were mezmerized. Now that Tennant is gone there is backlash to the new doctor Matt Smith. Matt has a tough act to follow, so does Goseiger!

I wasn't as interested inthis series as I usally am. The theme isn't too catchy and the bg is pretty blah. Also is it just me or is red really really pale?!

This episode had a lot to take in so it might need another watc. Overall I cannot judge until we get at least 25 eps into it.
xbsquirrel
7X
Favorite series: Transformers G1
2nd Favorite Series: Gundam 0079
Dreamy: Tiffa
Favorite Actor?: David Tennant
My boom: Magic The Gathering

Post by xbsquirrel »

Goseiger...how do I put this nicely... bored me. I don't know if it was the rushed storytelling, the paper-thin characters, the need to use a card and too much CGI in order to use their most simple weapons, the card and device design that was borrowed from a passing through Kamen Rider, or the foreseeable Philosophic Theodicy problems that could arrive from the series due to the main characters being angels and coming from heaven that made me sigh in disappointment. Hopefully the series will get much better very quickly.
Sloth MD
Douza Uru Zazaado
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Sloth MD »

Kind of hope that it picks up.
Devilbat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade/W

Post by Devilbat »

HIDragonstar wrote:I think you just missed the best one, Shinkenger was probably one of the best ones they've made.
I saw the first episode of Shinkenger a while ago and although it was better, it wasn't better by much.
Go-On Macaroni wrote:Psst, try Dairanger. :P
Alright I will, I'll let you know what I thought about it after I see the first episide.
"It's... showtime." -Haruto Souma/Kamen Rider Wizard

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”