Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Re: Goseiger Epic 1 Released

Post by Battra »

I'm kinda impressed by sort of parallels Heaven's Tower has to the Tower of Babel. Babel was supposed to connect Earth to Heaven but was destroyed by God, looks like the writer's just inverted the story.

Well so far the first episode hasn't really hooked me on the series yet but i'm impressed by the card theme this year & they way they use seems like a mixture of Ryuki & Decade. I'm glad we've returned to the villains in the series being an actual space army, I don't think we've had one of those since Jetman. One thing that I was uncertain about at first were the henchmen initial scans of them didn't look good but seeing them in action I really like the avocado green suits with the simple trim on them it really helps them stand out especially against the bright colors of the Goseigers.

I look forward to the next few episodes to see if they'll peak my interest.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

Deka_Hero wrote:Based on the reaction's, Gosei look's to be one of those "Acquired taste" series.
You ether like it, or you don't.

Then again Shinkenger didn't get off to a turbo start ether.

Well, since i'm an Absolutist, i say i belong in the 'Liked it' camp.
I was in love with Shinkenger from the start. Same with Gekiranger. When Go-Onger came around, from episode 1 I said "I don't like this show so far." But I gave it the old college try of 5-10 episodes. Even with the appearance of Kick Hopper Go-On Gold, I still could not at all get into it. Nothing about it impressed me, whereas Geki and Shin both caught my interest from the start.
ImageImage
mbrakecw
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Quote: love is the light that binds us all as one

Post by mbrakecw »

First off let me say a big thank you for everyone who brought us this. I've been checking the site daily since it came out for the sub. I've also been watching the op and eds non stop. I like the feel of this series from what I've seen. I remember being the genration that grew up with power rangers. My first Sentai watch was Gekiranger and since then I've been like "How the hell could they butcher that so bad?" I'm downloading the first epic right now and thank you all once again. I registered just to thank you that's how happy I am.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

There's nothing wrong with people disliking Goseiger, but I certainly hope people are exaggerating about quitting after just one episode. I don't think any Sentai series has won me on just the first episode
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

This has been the third time that my gut instincts tell me I'm not going to like the show when it comes to Sentai, and the two other times I decided to give them the 5-10 episode try anyway, but to no avail. I might decide to keep watching anyway, but I can say right now I don't think this will be taking up space on my hard drive for very long.
ImageImage
Squall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Rider-Man!
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Hana
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Squall »

garfield15 wrote: -A little funny thing about the OP, when the three baddies are walking toward the camera, the blue guy is too close to the wall so he has to shift his weight to avoid hitting it. Oh Jirou Okamoto, no matter how much weight you try to lose, it's never enough...
LMAO!
I didn't see that! Ahaha. That made my night. Good catch.
It's like one time my friend was watching Boukenger with me and there was a scene where the gattai bumped into a building and it almost fell over. xD
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

it was pretty good for a first episode, it had the Magiranger/Boukenger vibe to it but it kinda went on the low end side like the no explanation of the why the tower got destroyed in the first place. GoseiRed isn't the soft ass wimpy boy i thought out to be. GoseiBlack is sort of the hardass of the bunch.

I think this series might have a chance but too soon to tell.

Also the introduction was pretty awesome and the ending was good also.
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Intro needs more Chan Chan Bara.

And I can see more Head jokes coming along the way.

So far, so good, although I'll reserve any additional judgment until further episodes air.
Fidchell
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Evangelion
2nd Favorite Series: Digimon 01
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: .hack//

Post by Fidchell »

I didn't hate it, but I can't say i felt it in any way. I guess (sorry if this is a bad thing to do) The choreography on shinkenger got me good, and my standard probably heightened form it, though for now I can see that this series might now be as dark as the last one.

Ok done with the comparisons onto my views... if i can avoid comparisons again =.=

I actually like a red klutz, Usually the red is either learning, or somehow is already the strongest in some way, but having a klutzy red who will still try to fight intelligently while not transformed (and jumping REALLY high) was a plus for me. Especially not sure if red though about it or not) but actually thinking about letting the rocks smash to free his allies seemed like a VERY good idea.

Here is my funny thought: If red can read mind (coz apparently he can) how did he not read out that the kid had foind the card when the guy remembered that he had it?

For now It is too early for me to say if i like or not... maybe 10 more episodes will let me know if i keep the series or not.

Ok that's all i gotta say.
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Fidchell wrote:Here is my funny thought: If red can read mind (coz apparently he can) how did he not read out that the kid had foind the card when the guy remembered that he had it?
Useful powers are only useful when they don't provide a shortcut out of a plot-induced problem :P
eitlobsaboo
Infinity
Favorite series: Game Center CX
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/W
Dreamy: Megumi/Wakana
Favorite Actor?: OTOYA!
Favorite Band: The Pillows
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Suzuki Swift Sport

Post by eitlobsaboo »

Catastrophe wrote:Intro needs more Chan Chan Bara.
Yeah totally. It was just too old school. The end theme would work better as an OP in my opinion.

Unlike Shinkenger, I wasn't won over with the first episode. The characters seem a bit off and I can feel there is going to be a moral to each "epic" emerging, which while is great for kids, its a bit of a annoyance for a 26yr old. However the main reason I watch sentai is for the mecha, the story and characters is just an added bonus. So I'll give it the benifit of the doubt and continue to watch.

One thing that had me wondering is what is with the '-ick'? Skick, Seaick, Landick? and there seemed to be more use of english than usual.. perhaps thats just because a whole lot special moves and attacks were thrown at us.. dunno.
Bring on the Trumpet!
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Haa, a new series once more. I enjoyed the more or less generic opening theme for starters ^^; And over all it was an alright first episode. Sure we didn't learn that much about the characters or where they come from like we have in previous series, but not every opening is perfect. And to be honest I got plenty of info about the characters... Black and Yellow are the type to believe every stereo-type they here, Blue is a by the book military type, red is the Japanese counter part to a bubble headed blond...And dear lord Pink's ears are huge! She can like, glide on those things why didn't I notice that before!? ><;

... On a random note, while a lot of the 'special' poses were lacking, I liked the majority of the regular fight choreography, especially Black and his axe work... But then again I feel there aren't enough axes in Sentai groups as it is so I'm just happy to see one really XP
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Fobo911
Go Go!
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Kotoha-chan!
Favorite Actor?: Suzuka Morita
My boom: Girls
Quote: "The average person has one ovary and one testicle."

Post by Fobo911 »

There was a random thing at the very end of the OP sequence that bothered me at 3:17... Not all five of the characters closed their Tensouders at the same time (most notably Eri was the last one). But that's just me. And the Alata's leg stances at that end of the OP? Yuck for me for some reason.

So since Alata has the ability to read minds, I'm assuming the other four have some special ability of their own? Like mutants? I like to think of them as mutants instead of angels for some reason.

The whole swirling your hands maneuver with the Tensouder gets slightly annoying after a while; I hope that lessens after a few episodes.

Obviously there's not much teamwork between the members (especially between the different tribes), but then again, it's only the first episode. I find the Landick tribe duo to be pretty interesting, seeing that they both made assumptions about the Seaick and Skick tribes and obviously have pride in their origins. I really like Agri and Moune's chemistry so far.

The henshin was pretty cool, with a few references to older sentai.

Agri looks like he's the most talented one out of the group so far in terms of fighting. Heck, when the MOTW initially attacked the characters, Agri even flipped as he fell (at 13:48). And GoseiBlack's work with his axe (starting at 21:00) was pretty sweet.

And... my sister watched along with me, and my nightmare (see my previous post on the first page of this topic) came true. She said, "HAWWWWT" every single time Agri OR GoseiBlack (even though Hamao is not even in the suit) appeared on the screen. I counted like ten HAWWWWTs before I started saying, "Shut up!" after each time. Grr. Hopefully she'll get rid of that habit, but I don't see it happening anytime soon... It's all about the hawtness for her, nothing else.
"The average person has one ovary and one testicle."
-Psychology textbook
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

THeir henshin devices look kinda like the Moai form Easter Island...

The whole introduction for the little heads on the buster was much ado for nothing.

I'm not a fan of cards, but I don't dislike it either. I'm impressed that cards took so long to show up in a Sentai. Then again they waited more than 30 years to use samurai...

They didn't need to show them explaining their situation to the boy after they explained it while the Gosei were talking among themselves. They should have done one or another. I guess they were trying to fullfill the lack of an epic introduction of their homeworld and their escape, which was what everyone expected. Instead we got a: we were training and can't go back now.

I'm looking forward to the rivalries between tribes. Its too soon to write about the characters. I can only say that this red isn't as badass as his predecessor.

I hated the slow motion transformations in the OP and in the Ed. The songs are ok, but the OP lacks... enthusiasm and the ed could be more upbeat. They should've made a dance sequence for the ed.

I like the suit's and the main villains design. Its good to have enemies that aren't as padronized as the Gedou.

the girls look too young for my taste.

Can't really say its good or bad after only one episode.
zheyao
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki
My boom: One Piece

Post by zheyao »

m4rc0 wrote:the girls look too young for my taste.
Fun fact: Moune's actress (Mikiho Niwa) is actually older than Agri's actor (Kyousuke Hamao), and yet she has to call Agri oniichan.

In fact, Eri (Rika Satoh) is nearly my age, around half-a-year younger than me.
Last edited by zheyao on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”