TrueZero
7X
Favorite series: Shinkenger, W
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Detective Conan

Re: Goseiger Epic 1 Released

Post by TrueZero »

KickHopper wrote:This has been the third time that my gut instincts tell me I'm not going to like the show when it comes to Sentai, and the two other times I decided to give them the 5-10 episode try anyway, but to no avail.
What were the other two?

Just listening to the ending theme in full now, just playing it by ear makes it sound similar to the Go-Onger ending.

And whereas Shinkenger was my first true Sentai show (What a series to start off on huh?), Goseiger is my first one that I'm watching as it comes out, I started Shinkenger at about when episode 30 came out, so I had catching up to do. Well, this means I'm going to be just as in the dark as everyone else this time.
I don't have anything to put in here right now.
Garth
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki
My boom: Denebu

Post by Garth »

prsentai wrote:Gosei red is weak. He has no heart like ban, kai, jan, or sousuke, nor does he have leadership skills like takeru or akashi.
Wait. He has no heart? Even after saving a baby and stopping a boy from having his memory erased, even though other members on his team objected? Okay.

At the very least he wasn't a complete imbecile (Ban), incompetent (Kai), unruly and naive (Jan), or just all-around incapable of making it through an episode without overreacting (Sosuke). No, really. You're going to assume that because Alata isn't the equivalent of any of these, he's weak? I'll buy in that Akashi was a good leader, but not even Takeru was any prodigy leader in any sense of the word. It's been only one episode. Are you really basing his leadership skills or strength (or lack thereof) on said one episode?
Arigomi wrote: The ear clip on his left ear was incredibly distracting as well.
Really? I found it rather attractive.
"And to die is different than what anyone supposed, and luckier."
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

And besides, Alata is NOT the leader, Hyde is. I actually found Alata quite cool, not giving up and stuff, but GoseiBlack and GoseiBlue have taken my full attention of coolness, especially GoseiBlue :)
prsentai
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by prsentai »

Garth wrote:
prsentai wrote:Gosei red is weak. He has no heart like ban, kai, jan, or sousuke, nor does he have leadership skills like takeru or akashi.
Wait. He has no heart? Even after saving a baby and stopping a boy from having his memory erased, even though other members on his team objected? Okay.

At the very least he wasn't a complete imbecile (Ban), incompetent (Kai), unruly and naive (Jan), or just all-around incapable of making it through an episode without overreacting (Sosuke). No, really. You're going to assume that because Alata isn't the equivalent of any of these, he's weak? I'll buy in that Akashi was a good leader, but not even Takeru was any prodigy leader in any sense of the word. It's been only one episode. Are you really basing his leadership skills or strength (or lack thereof) on said one episode?
Arigomi wrote: The ear clip on his left ear was incredibly distracting as well.
Really? I found it rather attractive.
Heart as in screaming and knowing leadership as in knowing exactly what he's doing
Kiva Jyu Fly Ken Tatsulot
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

^^Uh, he's not the leader.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
leron9999
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Nana Yanagisawa
Favorite Actor?: Tori Matsuzaka
Favorite Band: E.S. Posthumus
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Drawing
Quote: You make the best of a bad situation by learning from it.

Post by leron9999 »

I dunno, it doesn't seem like they have a formal hierarchy of leadership yet. Sure GoseiBlue seems the most mature, but it doesn't feel like the other rangers follow him.
Saisho ni itte oku... Ore wa, kanari tsuyoi!
http://leron9999.deviantart.com/
Garth
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki
My boom: Denebu

Post by Garth »

prsentai wrote: Heart as in screaming and knowing leadership as in knowing exactly what he's doing
Heart. As in screaming. Please elaborate.
"And to die is different than what anyone supposed, and luckier."
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

I think prsentai might be mixing up 'Heart' with GUT! *shouts very loudly, before running right off a near by cliff...Then shows back up* Something like that XP
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
GcnMaster
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: DaiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Favorite Band: Labor Day
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by GcnMaster »

I really like the theme song...but that's about it. This episode didn't really wow me at all. :(
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

prsentai wrote: Heart as in screaming and knowing leadership as in knowing exactly what he's doing
Never giving up and knowing exactly how to free his team from those rock balls doesn't count as either of these? Did I miss something?
ElKevo86
7X
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: "I just tell the truth. If that hurts you, that's your fault."

Post by ElKevo86 »

Ya know, I put off watching this episode for a day or so because I wasn't really that excited to see it and now that I've watched it I've still got that blah feeling. I really like the retro look this series has; the suits, the minions, the weapons, it was really nice to get some old school stuff. And the monsters have a really cool look to them as well. The only thing I didn't like was the changers, those little heads freaked me out. The card concept I can take or leave, it's just a silly gimmick for a kids show so I'm not gonna waste my energy hating it. My only real problem is with the concept. The whole angels protecting Earth is really not that appealing to me. And the way it was presented in the first ep didn't really give me any faith in it either, I mean they're not even really angels they're angels in training? Ugh. I'm not saying I'm not gonna give it a chance, cause I am. And I'm not saying that I outright hate it from one ep, cause I don't. I'm just not that impressed with it and am scared that its gonna be a good looking show with no substance.
Chariot
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Izumi Hina

Post by Chariot »

The whole team looks weird to me. And by that, I mean looks wise. I've watched Shinkenger and Go-Onger, and a bunch of Kamen Rider, but these guys just look really off to me.

And Alata reminds me of Justin Long. You know, the Mac commercial guy? Who's with me?

Actually, I like Alata from what I've seen from this episode. Obviously, the other characters haven't had their moments yet, though.

Isn't Nozomu's actor the same kid that played Masahiko in Decade's Amazon World? I feel like he's much taller here, though.

Loving the cards. Not just because I love Decade, but because I just like cards as weapons/tools in general. It's just so cool to me when they draw their cards in stylish ways, because, damn, you know shit is going to get real when they pull them out.
omechron
Adventure

Post by omechron »

I am ambivalent.

Dislike:

I don't want to make any judgements about the characters yet, but I gotta say, the weak and wishy-washy "leader" type doesn't sit well with me. It's especially jarring after Lord Takeru McBadass of the clan McBadass. I realize they're kind of going for a "coming of age story" sentai instead of a "we're already awesome" sentai, but he just seems a little TOO soft even for that.

I hope they grow out of the whole tribal racism thing soon. That's gonna get annoying.

Their gotcha card tiki head things look incredibly awkward to me.

Yellow looks like a grown up Little Brown Girl. That's fine, but its kind of odd to have her skin complexion be like 4 shades darker than Black's. Aren't they supposed to be siblings?

Like:

Combiner weapon. Very Zyuranger. Neat.

Mechs (what little we've seen) look very Dairanger. Especially the red one. They look less heavily CGed than the Shinkenger ones.

The return of The Lips!

Child cast member!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

omechron wrote:Yellow looks like a grown up Little Brown Girl. That's fine, but its kind of odd to have her skin complexion be like 4 shades darker than Black's. Aren't they supposed to be siblings?
Punnett squares!!

I honestly doubt any kid's going to care.
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Lunagel wrote:
omechron wrote:Yellow looks like a grown up Little Brown Girl. That's fine, but its kind of odd to have her skin complexion be like 4 shades darker than Black's. Aren't they supposed to be siblings?
Punnett squares!!

I honestly doubt any kid's going to care.
Darker skin complexion just means she tans a lot. That's how you can lie to kids. ^^

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”