Goseiger has ruined Sentai Forever in record time!

Souchaku! No wait...
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Shinkenger | Goseiger | Gokaiger >
V Stealth Robo
Infinity
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Goseiger has ruined Sentai Forever in record time!

Post by V Stealth Robo »

I don't think it was ruined if we've only had the first episode. Sure I'd be making comparisons with a few of the shows T-N; but I'm not thinking any of them were better than the other, with maybe the odd exception.

First of all; it's not every year you get a red that happens to make Ryotaro from Den-O look good in the first episode. Sure that would have been comparison to a certain set of imajin, but at least it made for some decent slapstick in the end.

While the tribe aspect does remind me of Gransazer; it also reminds me a bit of the 3-4 groups from Machine Robo Rescue. I only say that due to having the 3 tribes having more in common with the squad aspects from MRR.

Or would you rather draw a line at the similarity to Magiranger & maybe the Negative Syndicate from Boukenger? While I wouldn't say they're better than the newest one; I do like how it reminds me of them in a way.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

Judging from the complaints the biggest one just seems to be "Goseiger isn't Shinkenger."

I also think they're too harsh on Alata. I mean yeah, okay, he forgot his card. I mean that's kind of dumb and all, but I don't see how he's a wimp or anything. He took on the friggin' MOTW without his card, that's not wimpy at all. He also didn't seem to be doing too badly in the opening fight either. Is he all serious and whatnot like Takeru was? Well no, but that doesn't make him wimpy and lame. At the very least, he's not as goofy and over-the-top as Sousuke was (which I liked, I'm just saying).

And what's worse is plot hasn't even kicked in either. Maybe Goseiger will have a plot that makes Shinkenger's look childish! Maybe it won't. But there's no way to tell after one episode.

I dunno. You can't force someone to like something I guess but a lot of complaints just seem to boil down to "Not Shinkenger" and that's just kind of a shallow reason to not like it I guess. I mean seriously I didn't get annoyed with Kabuto after the first episode and be like "This sucks because it isn't Hibiki!" Wait, that's a bad example because everyone except me likes Kabuto more than Hibiki. But still you get what I mean.
black cosmic ranger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: DENJIMAN
2nd Favorite Series: DAIRANGER
Dreamy: HOUOURANGER
Favorite Actor?: RYUURENJAA
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by black cosmic ranger »

I LIKE GOSEIGER SHOW

WARSTAR GOT INSECT MONSTERS ATTACK ON EARTH

GOSEIRED GOT DRAGON

GOSEITIGER PLAYING LIKE REAL CAT

GOSEISNAKE ACTING LIKE REAL SNAKE SIDLING ALONG THROUGHT UFO MONSTER
BCR
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

Ah and the sentai cycle trundles on. Every single year sentai fans have the same reaction to the new season.

1: Two thirds into the current season, 'details' appear about the new season. These are almost always completely wrong. Someone will pull a name out of the ether and everyone begins to guess what the season is about from this incorrect or inaccurate title.

2: 'Leaked' sketches appear which end up being fake, completely different from the actual designs and look like they have been drawn by a child. The fan base goes batshit crazy, decreeing that they will either never watch sentai again in protest, or that the designs are so good they must have been painted with brushes made from the beard of Jesus.

3: Time listings and copyright applications seem to confirm the real name of the new season, sometimes along with an improbably blurry picture of some aspect of the show. Everyone argues about Sentai tropes, e.g. being fed up of cell phones as henshin devices, and how it's so unoriginal and repetitive - seemingly forgetting that sentai has used the same formulaic episode structure in every episode of every season since the dawn of time.

4: Real pictures of the team emerge. They are described as retro because of some detail on the suit that reminds people of a previous season. 100,000 comments are posted about how this season's team look like a mix between a previous season and another toku. At least 3 threads pop up discussing the upcoming season, all covering the same tired, well-trodden ground.

5: The first episode is released. The entire season is judged on these first 20 minutes, and compared to the season that came before. It is either heralded as a masterpiece of primary-coloured perfection or despised as a unrecoverable tarnish on the shining history of a little kids tv show we're all too old to have any business watching.

6: As the season progresses everyone calms the feck down and realises this new season has its good and bad points and is perfectly watchable as it is. Instead the hive-mind focusses on which of the pre-teen female members is hotter, or on how every aspect of the show was developed to piss off Disney. About two thirds of the way through the season the cycle begins again.

- Throughout this whole process Dukemon is worshipped as the wise sage of new sentai details. Those details are copy-and-pasted on every related forum on the internet. When official sources finally release real details of the new season, it's quickly forgotten how the majority of Dukemon's 'leaks' were inaccurate or dead wrong.

This obviously doesn't relate to everyone, just a irritatingly vocal minority.
Last edited by harpdevil on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

Good game Harp, good game :3
ImageImage
Rohanrider
Go Go!
Favorite series: shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Liveman
Dreamy: kotoha
Favorite Band: system of a down
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: heroes

Post by Rohanrider »

harpdevil wrote:[ insert long list here .

o how i wish i could make all that my signature on this site haha

game ..set ,,,match harpdevil
EXCEED CHARGE
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

well said Harp, well said
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

harpdevil wrote:- Throughout this whole process Dukemon is worshipped as the wise sage of new sentai details. Those details are copy-and-pasted on every related forum on the internet. When official sources finally release real details of the new season, it's quickly forgotten how the majority of Dukemon's 'leaks' were inaccurate or dead wrong.
I seem to recall he tries to remind people that these are only rumors that he's passing on, but nobody listens, because viewers are morons.
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Yeah, Dukemon usually says they are complete rumors but no one seems to remember that.

That's almost as good as the Sonic cycle. Can harp do that for Kamen Rider?
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I <3 you harp
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

Wasn't that cycle put together by GreenNinja of Rangerboard?
Reaver
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black/RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Quote: "There are two kinds of people in this world... The ones that want to be me, and the ones that want a part of me..."

Post by Reaver »

I pretty much judge a show just with the previews and the first episode, hadn't been wrong about this once, I thought Gosei was bad just from the previews, watched the first episode, turns out I wasn't wrong, the same applied to KR W, same routine, but tried watched more episodes, still bad...
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

That's ridiculously unfair. Previews don't have enough content to judge by, and in the first episode of anything, everybody in the crew is still figuring out the show. You've gotta give it three or four episodes for everybody to get settled into their roles and the plot to start unfolding.
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Barim »

black cosmic ranger wrote: WARSTAR GOT INSECT MONSTERS ATTACK ON EARTH
This isn't the first time I've heard the Warstar name, but has it already been spoken/shown on the one episode released by TVN??
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
Reaver
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black/RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Quote: "There are two kinds of people in this world... The ones that want to be me, and the ones that want a part of me..."

Post by Reaver »

That Guy wrote:That's ridiculously unfair. Previews don't have enough content to judge by, and in the first episode of anything, everybody in the crew is still figuring out the show. You've gotta give it three or four episodes for everybody to get settled into their roles and the plot to start unfolding.
I'm still gonna give Gosei a few episodes, but not expecting much, I gave Double 10 episodes even though I knew it was bad just by the previews and the first episode, after that 10, still was bad...

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”