2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Re: Goseiger 3 released

Post by AeonRanger »

can't bring myself to like characters. what's wrong with black's face it looks like he's an alien or something. i do like the cards and the powers though but it isn't really a good cast line-up this year. freezing dopant makes a return but this time he can freeze entire cities go freeze for the win. this series also has a kind of anime feel to it
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Barim »

Deka_Hero wrote: I also love the fact dispite the fact their suppose to hide from human's, they all walk around in Jacket's with word's like "LANDDICK" or "Sky Angel" in on them.
I thought it had been established already that only Nozomu and his dad saw them?
Monritche wrote: ☺No Memorywash? Inconsistent gimmick.
Most likely happened of screen for the first fight and the second had no witnesses as far as we know.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
Astral

Post by Astral »

Cringed at how strange and illogical Mourne and Agri were acting, but then again it's a sentai. Logic isn't exactly necessary. Alata gets some rep points in my book though for seeming more leader-like now. It seems that rather than simply lead and make big decisions like other Red sentai members do like Takeru, it's more like he fills in the gap of the other's flaws. Hyde is constantly thinking about going home, the Landick siblings just sort of want to do their own thing and Eri is more like Alata's (excuse the pun) air-headed backup. It seems like instead of outright ordering the others around and garnering absolute respect like Takeru, he's more the idea maker and compromiser of the group. He suggests that they should stay at Nozomu's house. Eri automatically backs them up. Hyde asks why due to his inquisitive Seaick nature and so Alata just basically says "Well consider the pros and cons of staying at Nozomu's house compared to not staying at his house. I think staying at his house is better". Hyde weighs the options and since he can think of many more cons of not staying with Nozomu than staying with him, he decides the idea is logically sound and supports Alata.

If the Landick siblings object, Alata considers their reasons for objecting. He then uses their objections to show them how contradictory their ideas are and the Landick siblings agree since they can find no alternative or see the logic in Alata's idea. He can even use the group to get them to come together to do what he says. If Hyde objects, but the Landick siblings agree than they can just override Hyde as he's being overly logical like in episode 2. If Hyde agrees but the Landick siblings object, Alata and Hyde have enough combined logic and friendliness to convince them. If both Hyde and the Landick siblings object, then whatever Alata is proposing must actually be a dumb idea and so he scraps it and moves on to another one. Alata never has to worry about Eri as she's just like him and the two support each other.

So in reality, Alata isn't a leader in the conventional sense like with Takeru and the Shinkengers. He doesn't go alone unless he has to, he's just the main tie that keeps the Goseigers together and as such he also leads in battle. Instead of bluntly saying "It's my way or the high way" like with Takeru, he considers the others and attempts to find a compromise which equally benefits the 5 of them. This is made most apparent in how he's always talking about teamwork and his command to form GoseiGreat is "Now, let's show him the power of FIVE!", emphasizing that everything they do is done as a team.

Enough character analysis, back to the episode 8U

Amongst all the special attacks done, I REALLY like the whole backdrop and sequence for when GoseiRed came out with Red Break. It just seems really badass with how fast yet powerful it felt. I'm starting to wonder a bit about the Headders thing with GoseiGreat though, the more I watch it the more I feel like it's awkward and out of place. Great Strike also seems like a sub-par finisher right now, but it's mostly because the initial cards the come up and freeze the foe in place seem to really obscure the action. Still love the theme for GoseiGreat though.

Did I mention how much I love the theme for GoseiGreat?

I did?

Okay.

DAMNIT WHEN IS THE FULL THEME GONNA COME OUT MAN DDDDDDD:
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

^ Wall of text, will read it tommorow when I'm not tired.

An enjoyable episode, I liked how Alata is the one who keeps the team together. So we've seen a Landick "backstory" can't wait for a skick and seaick one.
demino555
7X
Favorite series: Kamen rider AGITO
2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider W
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Band: J-rock
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: nasuverse
Quote: "Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?"

Post by demino555 »

Astral, pls stop making Takeru sound like a jerk. IMO he was a great leader who cared greatly for his allies. His general exterior seems aloof and arrogant around his fellow shinkengers is because he was raised to be a lord. Alata on the other hand wasn't told to be leader, he's just one of the five guys stuck on earth and trying to keep themselves from ripping each other to threads if ever.

About the episode it was as spoken before, sub-par. The brother sister feud could've been more dramatic like Hyde's morality issue in epi 2 but it seems the script for those were thrown out for the fight scenes. Not that I'm complaining though since the fights are actually cool compared to some other sentais I watched.
My power is EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!
Astral

Post by Astral »

I'm not trying to make Takeru sound like a jerk, I'm just pointing out the differences in leadership style. Takeru is a great leader, there's no question about that, his style is just much more centered on making decisions and the team doing what he says. He cares for his allies, he just believes that his ideas are the best (which they usually are) and so has everyone do what he says rather than trying to convince them to follow him. He said at the very beginning of Shinkenger that they all could die, and anyone who wasn't willing to put their lives in his hands shouldn't bother joining. Takeru's leadership is militaristic and extremely ordered in comparison to Alata. However this is not a bad thing at all. Since Takeru genuinely cares for his vassals and overall is trying to get them all to fight their hardest to make sure everyone survives, his style of leadership turns the Shinkengers into a finely honed fighting squadron in the series compared to the rather dysfunctional family that Alata leads.

On the other side of the spectrum is Alata who takes a more diplomatic approach to his leadership. The Goseigers have a bit more problems with teamwork considering that they're all from different Gosei tribes and compared to the Shinkengers have no real combat-related background. They're more like a bunch of vigilantes banding together. However the way the Goseigers benefit from Alata's leadership is that Alata serves as the tie to bond them together, to make them work together and bring out the best strengths in each other. Their team's combat style is more free-flowing and chaotic but they each see ways to follow up on each other's moves. In comparison, the Shinkengers mostly look to Takeru for orders and fight in a much more organized and efficient way thanks to his wisdom.

What I'm trying to say here is that neither Alata nor Takeru are really that much better nor worse than the other as a leader. They can't be compared that much because they have different ways of leading that produce the same result. So far, Alata and Goseiger isn't ruining sentai as much as some people think, as Goseiger has it's own way of doing things.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Alata is a leader just because he's wearing red?
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

takenoko wrote:Alata is a leader just because he's wearing red?
Wait... they've dictated that he's a leader already?
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

Alata's the leader because he's in the middle in their Sentai pose.
Astral

Post by Astral »

Yeah you know what I'm delving too deep into a sentai.

Takenoko logic is FLAWLESS WIN (bo3o)b
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Red is always the center of attention, even if he's not officially the leader.
TrueZero
7X
Favorite series: Shinkenger, W
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Detective Conan

Post by TrueZero »

Seems to me that while Alata is the leader during the fights, outside of combat it's Hyde that the group follows the lead from. He went with Alata's idea of living in Nozomu's spare room because it was a good idea to keep the five of them together.
I don't have anything to put in here right now.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't think Alata as he is now is any sort of leader
D_B
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Please delete this account.
2nd Favorite Series: Please delete this account.
Dreamy: Please delete this account.
Favorite Actor?: Please delete this account.
Favorite Band: Please delete this account.
My boom: Please delete this account.
Quote: Please delete this account.

Post by D_B »

takenoko wrote:I don't think Alata as he is now is any sort of leader
QFT.

It's not about who wears what color. I won't go into older Sentai examples of how some teams were never properly "led" by any one member (but it has happened several times) nor will I go into how some teams were effectively *NOT* lead by the "Red Guy In Front" at all... but it has also happened for long periods in some series.

If Alata "grows" into the role of leader, cool. If not, maybe this will be one of the rare occasions that a group/team dynamic is more effective than a singular personality dominating the rest through charisma or force. It does not happen often, but one of the two times I recall it happening in earlier Sentai made for one of my favorite all-time Sentai series.
Please delete this account.
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

D_B wrote:
takenoko wrote:I don't think Alata as he is now is any sort of leader
QFT.

It's not about who wears what color. I won't go into older Sentai examples of how some teams were never properly "led" by any one member (but it has happened several times) nor will I go into how some teams were effectively *NOT* lead by the "Red Guy In Front" at all... but it has also happened for long periods in some series.

If Alata "grows" into the role of leader, cool. If not, maybe this will be one of the rare occasions that a group/team dynamic is more effective than a singular personality dominating the rest through charisma or force. It does not happen often, but one of the two times I recall it happening in earlier Sentai made for one of my favorite all-time Sentai series.
I agree with you, it doesn't seem that there is any kind of leader though, although they listen to Hyde outside of battle because he is the eldest of the group (it was stated in his character profile). My opinion is that this sentai should not have a team leader, as they are all apprentices and they work better without having one.

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”