Goseiger 4 released

Souchaku! No wait...
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Shinkenger | Goseiger | Gokaiger >
jillbert
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: Kiss me goodbye, I'm defying gravity.

Re: Goseiger 4 released

Post by jillbert »

Folks... in Japan the trend setters of fashion decided that pink is a man's color. No, I saw this on television. And young people do nothing if not follow trends.
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

CarterSensei wrote:
Giving a character a "heart of gold" is nice, but it doesn't take away from the fact that the character's main purpose for being is "Ha Ha Look at the funny fat guy."

I realize this is just my opinion and your mileage may vary. But I've been on the butt end of too many fat jokes to put up with them in my escapism. What hurts worse is that these images are teaching a new generation that it's OK to laugh at people that look like me . . . just because they look like me. (Gaijin issues not withstanding)
Like you said it's just your opinion but they're not showing the next generation that it's OK to laugh at people that are above the average weight (Since "fat" seems to hurt you). Like any other country, Japan has people like that so it will be disrespectful to them, especially if there are kids like that watching.

On to the episode

I loved it, it was so funny! Moune was mean to Hyde, saying he can make his own coffee. I loved their reaction when Datas appeared (I knew I recognised that voice! Thanks to the people who said it was Hanatarou) The battles were very good as always, can't wait for the next one :)

EDIT:
The thing that bothered me though is that you said "African" for the guy who spoke an african language I can't recognise.

African is not a language (With the exception of Afrikaans in South Africa), it's like saying that you speak European or Asian. If you do have something like that in the future and you don't know what language it is, please say "Some language from an African country" or something like that.

I have had many people asking "Do you speak African" or " I know a friend from "insert African Country", do you know him?" it's really frustating, people thinking that everyone in Africa speaks the same language, even worse when they say it's a country. I'm not saying that you did it on purpose, but I just wanted to give my thoughts on that.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I put down African knowing that it's not a language. But think about it this way, I can't just put down Swahili and hope that I got it right. Being pedantic in the way you're being isn't helpful because you're not telling me what language I should have put instead

Think about it this way. I'm saying it's a language from Africa. I am not claiming the continent of Africa has one language, that is something that's entirely on your end

Edit: It's kind of like using Chinese to represent Mandarin, Cantonese and the other dialects. It's an encompassing term, not an incorrect one
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

^ Ok, glad that there are some people who know this stuff (not that I doubted you or anyone else) :) sorry if It sounded a bit angry, didn't mean to.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

That Guy wrote:As soon as I heard him talk, I was like ".....Hanatarou?" then I immediately paused the video and looked it up to make sure it was him. His voice makes me lol.
I knew that voice, but couldn't remember where I heard it. It annoyed me during the whole episode.

I think some of you are being bothered too much by Datas. Its only going to have a marginal role in the series. And EVERY character there that has something related to the rangers powers (including themselves) is a product placement of sorts, because they'll sell dolls (or action figures).

>It's kind of like using Chinese to represent Mandarin, Cantonese and the other dialects. It's an encompassing term, not an incorrect one

This isn't a good example, because those aren't completely different languages. They use the same writing system and even if they can't understand what other chinese says, they'll understand it it the other writes. What you wrote right before that was already enough.

carter, I don't know if you are right when you made the association fat > clumsy/comedy figure (because an astronomer is hardly dumb). That might not be the case. They might be playing the wacky scientist stereotype (he has his head in the clouds because he is an astronomer) and they happened to cast that guy.
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

I actually remembered Datas' seiyuu because he was Kera in Abaranger.
m4rc0 wrote: I think some of you are being bothered too much by Datas. Its only going to have a marginal role in the series. And EVERY character there that has something related to the rangers powers (including themselves) is a product placement of sorts, because they'll sell dolls (or action figures).
I guess you're right. It's probably just that, you know, at least with the other ones it didn't seem so (and I know this is the wrong word for a franchise to sell toys but...) I don't know, blatant. I mean, it's a giant arcade game. It'd be like if in Decade, they had a giant Data Cardass or an anthropomorphic Climax Heroes.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Peanut
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gingaman
Dreamy: 佐藤 祐基
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: ビースト・オン!

Post by Peanut »

I suppose it annoys me to a small extent because the character being an arcade machine serves absolutely no real purpose in the show (for now). It's so blatantly the Ganbaride machine that exists for a totally different reason outside of the Goseiger universe, that it just makes it more apparent that it was probably added just to urge kids to play the game and nothing more. This is a little different from the usual methods of Toku product placement (at least from what I've seen), such as the weapons and whatnot. There are a million examples we could use, but garfield15 gave a good one when he said it would be like if Toei brought in the Data Cardass for Decade. It's just so pointlessly there.

But nevermind. It doesn't take away or distract from the story, so it's merely a petty annoyance. Maybe his physical purpose has yet to be explained in the show. We'll see.
刺激、俺流、わが意を尽くす 「アイアン・ウィル」 ゲキバイオレット!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't mind Datas myself, but I can see how this is the sort of thing people will either go "that's hilarious because of how blatant this is" or "this is beating me over the head and ruining my suspension of disbelief!"
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

We're all probably 5+ years over the intended age range. Suspension of disbelief is all we've got left.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
GarTkEZ
Salami Commander
Favorite series: BLACK/Jetman/AGITO
2nd Favorite Series: Blade/Hibiki/Bouken
Favorite Band: Switchfoot
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Adventure Time

Post by GarTkEZ »

I dunno about Datas - I just see him/it as something like Bomper or Mr Voice or even the Sukima Sensors(XD) that just happens to look like the Dice-O machine. I'm not really all argh about it, just oookkkkaaayyyy...LOL
IKKAN KENJO!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Comic 400

Post by takenoko »

The red song was MagiRed's vocal song. Not sure what the first two are though