Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Goseiger 05 released

Post by takenoko »

I actually had fun watching this episode. Hyde and Agri actually make for an interesting duo. Hyde in particular really got to show off quite a bit, which was cool

So we get to see the Headder mechanic for the mecha. Kind of cool. Instead of some bulky stuff, just switch out the hands and head. Pretty robust

The goal of this episode reminds me of a toy I had as a kid:
http://www.dukenostalgia.com/MadSci/MM_DAA.html

That eyepatch looks pretty good on you. Kind of makes you look like Big Boss

Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Re: Goseiger 05 released

Post by Kogashi »

This was a fun ep indeed. Getting more character info is always nice, the fights were really nice i think
Spoiler
especially when Hyde tried his hand at using Agi's axe, what a shock that an axe would weigh more than a crossbow XP

So, Hyde, he's what... A Magical Girl with that transformation ability and what not?
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
zheyao
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki
My boom: One Piece

Post by zheyao »

^ If anything, Magical Hyde has the ability to transform into Doctor Manhattan.

Good to see Frieza/Agent Abrella appear in the series again.

I guess the Gosei Blasters can work without the Headders attached to it. Looks weird.

Hyde’s fight against the monster was great, using both the axe and bowgun. Shooting it at point black was pretty gruesome.

As for the new headders and Seaick GoseiGreat, I suppose that’s the closest we’re ever going to get towards a pirate-themed Sentai.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

I was going to comment on how it was nice to not have one character trait from one character become the whole story, and how traditionally it's Pink that has a disguising, clothes-swapping power. But forget that, because THAT HENSHIN HAS A PIRATE HAT AND EYE-PATCH! That was awesome, I loved it.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
omechron
Adventure

Post by omechron »

It's an eye patch No, it's a scouter! Our attack power is higher than his! I'll finish the duel in one move, Kaiba! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Honestly I was having a little trouble getting into this year's sentai. Heads-for-hands mecha isn't really my thing... and it it may be a petty nitpick but Red's incredibly tiny head really distracts me.

This episode was just amazing though. We have Blue's Just As Planned, we have a "oh hell, you're just that much of a badass" moment with black, and then we have pirate mecha with scouter eyepatch and over 9000...
TrueZero
7X
Favorite series: Shinkenger, W
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Detective Conan

Post by TrueZero »

Glad I wasn't the only one that laughed at Pirate Gosei Great, and if you look closely at the face, he also gets a beard. The bit where they're zooming in to the scouter is the easiest place to see it if you pause.

Love the headder mechanic. Means we finally avoid the whole Clusterf*** situation with the mechas. We also didn't get a 'Tensou Busou' call either, which is a little different.

Hyde made me laugh with his 'Shop one has these that we're after, shop four has these." The fact that he kept count was funny, but I would not have enjoyed being in Agri's position. Food shopping is supposed to be quick and painless dammit!

Finally, someone using an allies signiture weapon in regular combat! The closest I've seen to that was someone else firing the Rekka Daizantou last year.

Loving the designs for the MotW this year. 'Nuff said.

And to finish, the OST is now out! [snip]
Last edited by XIII on Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Erm, no, we perfer people to buy the CD to support the show
I don't have anything to put in here right now.
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Wow, Hyde sure takes everything seriously... Even shopping for food...

I actually like the Headder mechanic thingy, it's actually interesting. Someone mentioned that the mecha this time around gives a Mugenbine vibe, after this episode I get that vibe as well. I'd probably be getting the candy toys for this one as well.
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

zeta_gundam wrote:Wow, Hyde sure takes everything seriously... Even shopping for food...

I actually like the Headder mechanic thingy, it's actually interesting. Someone mentioned that the mecha this time around gives a Mugenbine vibe, after this episode I get that vibe as well. I'd probably be getting the candy toys for this one as well.

Maybe they can combine with the Mugenbine?
ImageImage
tennomichi
Salami Commander
Favorite series: deka,shinken,bouken
2nd Favorite Series: KR 電王,W,DCD
Dreamy: 矢島舞身、鈴木愛理、中島早貴
Favorite Actor?: yama-p
Favorite Band: MIWA,℃-ute,Buono!
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: This forum and fb
Quote: 東洋の魔女?ー鈴木&梅田

Post by tennomichi »

the new headder is awesome!

i don't even think that robot in the house is even needed if hyde was there.

i thought i was gonna give up after hearing Eri singing (is it even singing?). but this episode made me want to see the next headder that will come out. yeah!
Last edited by takenoko on Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Don't use spoiler tags for talking about an episode
オレは天の道を行き全てを司る男
i think i learned my lesson
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

That Magical Hyde thing was taken more literally than I thought

-This was actually a really fun episode. I was sure that Hyde and Agri would just end up fighting among themselves for the whole episode but we really got some nice friendship development (of course, that whole 0.2 millimeters thing killed it :P ). Hyde really is a smart character.

-They really liked stabbing the monster through the chest this week didn't they? Nice to hear the obligatory Nakao-voiced kaijin of the series. Speaking of which, what an evil plan he had.

-The way they get new cards reminds me of Decade in the "I'm doing something courageous and heroic...oh look new booster pack!" That being said, Seaick GoseiGreat is a pretty cool looking mech. (Did anyone else notice there are four empty slots for headers on the wings when they're down?)

-The music when Agri and Hyde were fighting the second time sounded awesome.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Bluntasaur
7X
Dreamy: Natsuki/BoukenYellow
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: PANGYA!
Quote: "You have the right to remain silent, so shut the fuck up!" - Chris Rock, Lethal Weapon 4

Post by Bluntasaur »

So, straight to it. Goseiger: Epic 5

*Did anyone notice another face on the back of Datas' head? How much you wanna bet he pulls a Ninjaman on us and turns into a warrior later on?

*I was surprised to see that HYDE was the produce expert. I mean, wouldn't Agri or Moune be more adept at picking veggies, seeing as how they're Landicks?

*The kids getting turned into Bibiis reminded me of that one Go-Onger ep where all those people were turned into Uguts.

*The whole time that Alata, Eri, and Moune were trying to hold back the kids-turned-Bibii, I kept screaming "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? USE YOUR CARDS!" And 10 minutes later, it turns out they actually did. Oh, well.

*Camoumirage Card FTW

*A MotD that can actually bleed. We haven't seen that since 80s sentai.

*Hmm, so the Seaick Brother Headers are a hammerhead shark, a sawtooth shark, and a manta. A for originality, Goseiger.

*And we have Super Sentai's very first pirate mech. Awesome.

*And once again, we have yet ANOTHER flashback to a past sentai. Supplementary mech attaching to main mech to make new mech.....Gekiranger, anyone?

Good ep, and depsite the opinions of whiny 'tards, it did NOT ruin sentai.

garfield15 wrote: -The way they get new cards reminds me of Decade in the "I'm doing something courageous and heroic...oh look new booster pack!"
Funny, it reminded me more of Magiranger, when they gain new spells when they display courage.
Rule 34 of #TV-Nihon:

It is always Decade's fault. No exceptions.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Bluntasaur wrote:*And once again, we have yet ANOTHER flashback to a past sentai. Supplementary mech attaching to main mech to make new mech.....Gekiranger, anyone?
GekiRanger
AbaRanger
Hurricaneger
GaoRanger
Shinkenger

Your statement fails as it has happened in quite a few other Sentai's
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Astral

Post by Astral »

The soundtrack is out [snip]. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH. I'm now torn between Rescue Fire and Super Sentai since we got Project R since Project R is now putting out REALLY good songs for Sentai while Rescue Fire somehow got JAM Project to do some equally good songs.

ALSO I CAN LISTEN TO THE GOSEI GREAT THEME WHEN I WANT YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH enough about the OST.

In summary:

-Hyde shops like I do YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

-When I listened to Eri's shopping list I somehow imagined her sitting at a table and writing it with some kind of troll face. An adorable troll face.

-The monster has a nice little mechanic going on with his jaw how it opens and closes, yet still looks legitimately fearsome

-Keichii has a severe case of Hot Shounen Mom as well as the whole genius cold

-Hyde using the Landick Axe was awesome, as he didn't just attempt to brute force it he used the intelligence he's known for to attack using the momentum of the axe

-The whole 'new power from pretty much nowhere' thing put me off a little bit, but then again it sorta comes with Sentai in general. I guess I'm too used to Kamen Rider W where the new power seemed more like it had to be earned and Shinkenger where they basically had to tame the origami before use

-The Headder mechanic where they launch the headders off for attacks like in the previous episodes still seems weird to me. However after seeing how they equip new headders, I now realize that it's not all that bad. However if they still launch it off mid-fight to have the headder randomly attack or do attacks like Mourne and Agri's biting kick thing it still seems rather awkward and forced. At least we'll avoid the giant clusterf*ck mechs somewhat like Engine-Oh G12 and Samurai Haoh.

-The team in general seems to be showing some development as well, becoming much more friendly and not mentioning the whole "Well it's a Landick thing" or something like that too much.

In all, good ep Goseiger. So far I'm rather satisfied with this sentai. Started off a bit mediocre but is definitely getting better and better.
Last edited by XIII on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please dont mention that
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

The episode was really fun. BUT, they violated their rule. Wipe out peoples memories.

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”