Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Shinkenger | Goseiger | Gokaiger >
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Goseiger 6 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Alata deals with an old war wound while they fight an enemy speedster.

Spoiler
Even though Alata may act like dopey at times but this episode shows that he has the ability to focus on a goal. By showing Nozumu that, he shows that even the things that may look useless really aren't. Also I don't think Landick GoseiGreat show appear in this episode since the episode wasn't the focus. They could have waited until there was a Landick focused episode. Alata does all the work and the Landicks get a free upgrade for doing nothing.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Goseiger 6 released

Post by Catastrophe »

Remember, Go-Onger did this as well. Engine-Oh Gunphered was introduced in an episode that focused on Saki. Granted, it appeared only twice, but the principle was the same.

Although I do Like Gosei Pirate better.
omechron
Adventure

Post by omechron »

Not as good of an episode as the last one. As you mentioned, it seems weird that the Landics get their upgrade in an Alata episode. Alata's Red, there'll be plenty of time for him to dominate the show later.

The new gattai is pretty bland compared to the pirate one. I was hoping for a ninja one, or something. This one really doesn't have any coherent theme to it. Kinda boring. Still, giant robot drill foot Rider Kick. That's pretty cool I guess.

Alata using the soccer flip in combat was kinda dumb. As soon as I saw the bar over his head I knew it was coming.

meh. I guess they can't all be gems. I guess I'll just sit tight and wait for the next Hyde episode.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Looks like a note got left out:

Idaten: The Japanese Buddhist god of law and monasteries. His swift speed of movement is unmatched. He is represented as a handsome young man.
Source: http://www.pantheon.org/articles/i/ida-ten.html
GarTkEZ
Salami Commander
Favorite series: BLACK/Jetman/AGITO
2nd Favorite Series: Blade/Hibiki/Bouken
Favorite Band: Switchfoot
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Adventure Time

Post by GarTkEZ »

@Phoenix

I don't see it as THAT weird that the Landick Brothers showed up this episode - there was also a reason for that, what with Agri and Moune standing up for Alata when he fainted inside GoseiGreat's cockpit.
IKKAN KENJO!
tennomichi
Salami Commander
Favorite series: deka,shinken,bouken
2nd Favorite Series: KR 電王,W,DCD
Dreamy: 矢島舞身、鈴木愛理、中島早貴
Favorite Actor?: yama-p
Favorite Band: MIWA,℃-ute,Buono!
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: This forum and fb
Quote: 東洋の魔女?ー鈴木&梅田

Post by tennomichi »

hmmm.... this is what i think of this episode
Form Ride: Gatack
Final Attack Ride: GO GO GO GOSEIGER

doesn't the tyrano headder look like Gaoh Liner?

and the villain this time reminds me of Dacho from geki

it is kinda ironic how Alata couldn't do the flip due to his arm then suddenly he was able to do it in combat
オレは天の道を行き全てを司る男
i think i learned my lesson
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

SO i'm guessing Alata and Eri will get their Bros. card in a Monue episode then?
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Next will get a 3 episode focus but Alata will steal again lol. I think sentai got rubbed by mystic force.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

omechron wrote:Alata using the soccer flip in combat was kinda dumb. As soon as I saw the bar over his head I knew it was coming.
That's...that's how every Sentai episode is. They do something at the beginning of the episode and then it figures into the battle later. Remember that one episode of Shinkenger where Chiaki and Ryuunousuke couldn't work together? Oops guess that means they're going to have to work together later in the episode! I saw that coming!

Like I said, this is always how it's been in every series. I don't see how that's dumb unless you're going to dismiss all Sentai as dumb and then why are you even watching it?

This was a great episode. I hope this puts people's statements about Alata being a dumb-looking wuss to rest, he showed he's just as good as the other Reds. I didn't think it was weird that the Landicks got their upgrade in this episode either, they were trying as hard as they could to make up for Alata de-transforming and being unable to fight. It makes sense for them to get their upgrades.

Anyway I thought it was a lot of fun. Especially the Land GoseiGreat's finisher. RIDER KICK!
omechron
Adventure

Post by omechron »

it is kinda ironic how Alata couldn't do the flip due to his arm then suddenly he was able to do it in combat
Adrenaline is a beautiful thing.
That's...that's how every Sentai episode is. They do something at the beginning of the episode and then it figures into the battle later. Remember that one episode of Shinkenger where Chiaki and Ryuunousuke couldn't work together? Oops guess that means they're going to have to work together later in the episode! I saw that coming!
There's a difference between Chekov's Gun and a ridiculously contrived circumstance. There's a difference between learning the importance of teamwork and learning to do a silly playground trick. Worse, it had absolutely no tactical value, considering he already demonstrated the ability to jump-flip all the way over the bar with no hands anyway.

I guess the problem isn't so much that I saw it coming as that it didn't really serve any narrative purpose.
EndlessWaltz24
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Hirata Yuka (Mele)
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by EndlessWaltz24 »

^Hey, there are always episodes like this. For me, it made me think of geki where Jan was learning how to use a towel and later used it in combat. However, silly trick or not, they were using it to show Nozomu the importance of trying. I mean, it seems like that's what most of these episodes are gonna be like (teaching Nozumu, and therefore, teaching little kids... hahaha, sounds like Doraemon).
SiegeDragomon
Honey System
Favorite series: Stargate Atlantis
Dreamy: Azrael
Favorite Actor?: Yes I like Cheese
Favorite Band: HarkleFarkle
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by SiegeDragomon »

Giga Drill Breaker!
Sometimes it's best to just go along with it and avoid the explosions, other times it's fun to be the one with the detonator and an evil laugh.
Fidchell
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Evangelion
2nd Favorite Series: Digimon 01
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: .hack//

Post by Fidchell »

O.o Rider drill kick in power ranger... sentai is really gonna start trying to do KR moves now?

Bar.. flip.. useless in battle... there for no apparently reason except to show alata's point that nothing is useless and that he can do anything he sets his mind to.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

It was nice seeing the other tribe members actually learn an ability from the Skick Tribe. Kinda disappointed didn't reveal why Altata was at Heaven's Tower when it was destroyed, especially since the focus was on Alata's injury at the scythes of Dereputa. Overall this episode really didn't impress me as a whole especially the free upgrade for the Landick's for just keeping pace with Hidou, but if that's all that is needed for getting new cards the team should have a complete set by episode 15.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

Awesome splash page again

It was a minor disappointment on how the Landick tribe getting a new Gosei Headder card while Alata getting jack for helping them to defeat the Warstar.

But then again hopefully they focused on key episodes like Hyde getting his own headder card.
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”