< Shinkenger | Goseiger | Gokaiger >
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Male: Yes
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Odd wardrobe thing i noticed

Post by Deka_Hero » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:07 am

ok, so as far as i know, Shinkenger was the first sentai series to have non-standard uniform's for the girl's at least, As Mako and Kotoha had many different outfit's.

Now in Gosei, it's seems its kind of half-true. Eri seems to wear different Skirt/Sock combination's while her Top half remains the same. Moune also seems to always wear the same thing but in EPIC 06 she had on black Thigh high's, i also think maybe her shorts were different.

So maybe the Gosei gal's have alot of Bottom stuff to wear but only one Jacket & undershirt?

Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2ndFavoriteSeries: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Re: Odd wardrobe thing i noticed

Post by Barim » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:07 am

Deka_Hero wrote:So maybe the Gosei gal's have alot of Bottom stuff to wear but only one Jacket & undershirt?
Sounds like someone is looking forward to a laundry day episode...
SpoilerShow
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.

hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: OOO
2ndFavoriteSeries: Double
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: If it cannot hatch from its shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World.

Post by hunter-urufu » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:40 pm

Heh. I also noticed a wardrobe trend, that when they aren't wearing their 'team jackets', red rangers often seem to wear shirts with English on them...I noticed it a lot with Takeru last season/show/year/what-ever-you-call-the-different-Sentai(s) and I noticed at least it in 6 with Alata (It said Counter Culture, with some other phrase that was too small for me to catch with the word Counter upside down.) Out of curiosity is the clothing, besides the Team Jackets naturally, that the rangers wear outside of their costumes regularly avalible clothing? Like, and I know this is a bad example, but would it be akin to the American Rangers wearing a shirt that was identifiably from a specific store?

TL;DR version: Can the kids watching Super Sentai (And I suppose Kamen Rider, though everyone in Double, at least, wears pretty much either explicitly fictional brands (Windscale) or wears stuff that is obviously Custom made for them (Terui), though most of what Akiko wears I could see coming from a real store) Recognize where the heroes shop?
I am a shadow....The true self....Knowledge is a burden for the strong...So what is your truth?

The dark bird who sees the truth from the cloud of the shadow! The All-knowing mind! Geki-Wing!

Lunagel
Bottle Shaker
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Magiranger
2ndFavoriteSeries: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:05 am

Nope, it's all specially made clothing so bandai can squeeze as much money as possible from their adoring fans. Like so.

hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Quote: If it cannot hatch from its shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World.

Post by hunter-urufu » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:09 am

Lunagel wrote:Nope, it's all specially made clothing so bandai can squeeze as much money as possible from their adoring fans. Like so.
Heh, Nice. But at least what was on the second page was mostly what I called the 'Team Jackets'. Of course those were made specially for Bandai. I more meant, for example the shirt that I described above. It's something I could easily see a normal person wearing, even someone who wasn't into Sentai, or another example would be the shorts that Moune was wearing, things like that.
-Edit: Was the second page...Point still stands, though.
I am a shadow....The true self....Knowledge is a burden for the strong...So what is your truth?

The dark bird who sees the truth from the cloud of the shadow! The All-knowing mind! Geki-Wing!

That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2ndFavoriteSeries: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:47 am

It's whatever the wardrobe department put them in. :P And you'll have to ask the wardrobe department where they shop. My guess is wherever it's convenient for whatever look they're going for at a particular time.

hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by hunter-urufu » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:49 am

That Guy wrote:It's whatever the wardrobe department put them in. :P And you'll have to ask the wardrobe department where they shop. My guess is wherever it's convenient for whatever look they're going for at a particular time.
I wasn't actually asking specifically where they shopped, just was wondering if they custom made the non-show specific clothes. It sounds like they don't though....Also Sorry for Hijacking the thread.

That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2ndFavoriteSeries: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:31 pm

I doubt that they do, that seems excessive. Why pay large quantities of money to make your own clothes that look like they're modern when you can buy clothes that actually ARE modern at any store under the sun?

hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by hunter-urufu » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:08 am

That Guy wrote:I doubt that they do, that seems excessive. Why pay large quantities of money to make your own clothes that look like they're modern when you can buy clothes that actually ARE modern at any store under the sun?
That was sorta my line of thinking as well. I'd actually be interested if someone made a site that tracked that kind of thing.

Sora124
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Blade/Kiva/Kabuto
2ndFavoriteSeries: Den-O/Magi/Shinken
Dreamy: Eh?
Favorite Band: Sigur Ros
My boom: Muzak

Post by Sora124 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:32 pm

Lunagel wrote:Nope, it's all specially made clothing so bandai can squeeze as much money as possible from their adoring fans. Like so.
You have no idea how much I want an adult-sized Gosei Blue shirt and Hyde's jacket.

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”