TrueZero
7X
Favorite series: Shinkenger, W
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Detective Conan

Re: Goseiger 13 released

Post by TrueZero »

I actually like the Mystic Brother, if only for the comedic factor. The fact that he punted Buredoran and proceeded to startle the Goseigers when it grew, and the fact that its finisher is the wierdest one I've seen to date.

As for the MotW, this is the first Sentai Series I've seen where the abilities of the rangers are copied. (Keeping in mind the only two I've watched prior to this have been Shinkenger and Gekiranger.) I have to say though it looks good. I'm so hoping for Buredoran to be a rogue angel.
I don't have anything to put in here right now.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I'm surprised that you guys thought Buredoran was a rogue Gosei Angel. Basically I thought Buredoran used the data from the researcher Warstar and continued to collect data of any new attacks since its defeat.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

I don't think that Buredoran is a rogue angel just because he knows the Gosei Teams jutsus, IMO, he's probably the kind of general that's pretty smart and learns from the previous encounters so that he'll have some kind of counter-offensive-defensive measure against the Gosei Teams attacks since they're actually getting better ... actually, this may sound wierd, but one of my main concern in this episode was Eri's fluffy white mini skirt (seriously), when i saw this episode, what went on my mind first and foremost was Eri's clothing, though she looks good in it but why is she wearing that?, is her old mini in the cleaners or what, well anyway just wondering LOL!

...in all honesty, i'm liking this series the most, i dunno why, but i find this series more interesting than the Shinkengers :)
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Barim »

Mystic Brother... The series keeps throwing things out there as randomly as ever, it feels less random now I've started MagiRanger, but it's still more random then MagiRanger.

I did like that the extensive training backfired, it's nice that the enemy also thinks from time to time. Brute forcing didn't even work, so enter the downfall of any fighter who relies on his mind, something unpredictable.

Also, after this episode I really have the feeling they are either going to be very inconsistent with the strength of characters, or Buredoran is going to fall soon. Then it's just a question of whether Monse Drake relocates other Warstar officers to him, or he's also going to fall and the highest Warstar authority sends in a new general with his own officers. I mean, right now I'm still convinced Monse Drake's group is merely the advance army and a larger Warstar fleet is lying in wait for when those are needed (or are relocated to where they are needed most).

What is up with the rogue Tenshi comments? One of the things I like in this series is that there is no prior relation between both sides and it works. I mean, there hasn't been any indication yet the Warstar ran into Gosei Tenshi before on other planets right?
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

The children continue to impress me the most on this show. I'm not sure if the kids were acting that mature or if Alata and Eri act that naive, but I found it so easy to believe the flashback really featured a younger version of the Skick Tribe.

Mystic Brother cracked me up. Its appearance was so random I had no idea what to expect, and it kept doing crazier and crazier things like kicking an opponent across the city rather than fighting it. It was a lot more entertaining to watch than another flying animal head. I also had fun trying to pin down its inspiration. It looked like it was supposed to be playing soccer, even though it was using a football-shaped projectile.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I'm confused about the sudden personality shift in Eri. In previous episodes she was the one who would always believe that "everything would work out somehow". In this episode, Eri is desperate to learn Deprethunder.

Getting hit by a giant ostrich egg would definitely hurt. Ostrich eggs have very thick shells that require a hammer or drill to break through.

It looks like the toy designers have orders to cram as many battery-powered functions as possible into the toys. At first, I didn't understand why Mystic Gosei Great drew the sword until I realized that it compensates for the weight of Mystic Brother on the opposite shoulder.
TrueZero
7X
Favorite series: Shinkenger, W
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
My boom: Detective Conan

Post by TrueZero »

Arigomi wrote:At first, I didn't understand why Mystic Gosei Great drew the sword until I realized that it compensates for the weight of Mystic Brother on the opposite shoulder.
That's a really good point, wearing that thing on the shoulder must have been a challenge for the suit actor, and in all honesty, I knew prior to the preview for this episode that we were getting this thing, but I thought it would be a limb-swap, not a limb-augment.

Anyway, I like the fact that the generals are getting in on the action, plus Mons Drake is kind of channelling Doukoku levels of rage with all of the defeats so far.

Anyway, this episode has me wondering what'll happen with Warstar since it looks like Mons Drake may be entering the fray again.
I don't have anything to put in here right now.
dekacardz
Infinity
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by dekacardz »

Mystic Brother reminded me of the ChocoMog summon from FFVII.
Arkemath
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gransazer
Favorite Band: Serge Gainsbourg
My boom: Void

Post by Arkemath »

When I first saw the mystic brother (I remember it clearly, 'coz it was late at night in my country, I was watching the TV-Asahi stream...) i was like "What the *bliiiiiiip* is this thing :shock: I must be hallucinating."

But no, it's real. And a funny Idea. :mrgreen:
Kinda remind me of the "Machine Chanteclair" from French amateur sentai group France Five. (Except it's a rooster)
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

Phoenix512 wrote:I hope that Mystic Brother appears in every episode just to annoy all of you.
Lol

I actually like Mystic Brother, but what confused me is that in the title of the preview it said Mystic Runner and now it's called Mystic Brother, Oh well. The finisher was really weird and unimpressive, like many of you I thought that it would be a limb swap, but no, they decided to do it as an armor <_<
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

One of the oddest armors ever, I may add.
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

Zazelle wrote:I actually like Mystic Brother, but what confused me is that in the title of the preview it said Mystic Runner and now it's called Mystic Brother, Oh well.
Actually, the ostrich mech is the Mystic Runner. It and the Egg Headder together are the Mystic Brothers.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Comic 409

Post by takenoko »

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”