Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Shinkenger | Goseiger | Gokaiger >
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Goseiger 14 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Hyde and Moune will have to learn to work together or be forever trapped in a dimensional distortion.

Spoiler
I really don't have much to say about this episode actually. I sort of view this as setup for the next episode which should be good.

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Goseiger 14 released

Post by Catastrophe »

These 'filler' episodes never really do it for me. Usually something to do with fighting within the team and then said members teaming up really well to get a resolution.

At least no new mecha was introduced.
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Barim »

Another commander directly under Monse Drake-Sama as the monster of the week? I've said it before and I still believe, he truly feels like an advance general, one the Warstar sends at first to planets, after which it fails, they'll more then likely send in the main fleet and maybe the flagship later. I should have known something was up that the introduction of the new commander ranked enemy came before the credits, but wasn't in it.

The episode itself? I've liked Hyde as a character from the beginning and I still liked him here, great two character episode focusses. It's one of the aspects I also really like from MagiRanger and Goseiger also seems to be doing a decent job of it.

I'm also wondering what will happen to Buredoran here. He does fight on the front-lines, but is also one of the few enemies that actually knows when he needs to retreat. I see him weaselling his way into the grace of higher officers if they appear if Drake dies.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

I really thought this was a weak episode. It didn't have any balance. Everything was too forced. Hyde and Moune agreeing was fast. The commander thing was really bland and easy.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Standard learning to get along episode.

Another commander defeated... It's pretty obvious that Drake won't be the strongest villains in the series.

Do you guys also have the impression that they wasted a very cool kaijin that could have a bigger role using him as a normal MOTW? I mean, the guy had a cool design, cool powers (he could teleport!!!), strong attacks and an interesting personality. I was thinking he was there to fill Dereputa's role...
methos
7X
Favorite series: KRW
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by methos »

Personally I'll take any episode that shows off Moune. But yea, not a particularly strong episode.
Another commander directly under Monse Drake-Sama as the monster of the week? I've said it before and I still believe, he truly feels like an advance general, one the Warstar sends at first to planets, after which it fails, they'll more then likely send in the main fleet and maybe the flagship later. I should have known something was up that the introduction of the new commander ranked enemy came before the credits, but wasn't in it.
Dunno. I haven't really had that impression of him, but then again, they did something similar in Go-onger with there being a thousand other Gaiarc ministers other than the main three. So if he does turn out to not be the major guy I won't be terribly surprised. Honestly, I kinda hope that doesn't happen. I actually like Drake, particularly his starting personality and the shift in his attitude towards the Goseigers. He seemed so casual and laid-back at first and now he's all "screw it, gonna beat you down myself", so he's a nice change from "I'm just gonna sit here and drink sake while my subordinates die" Doukaku. Plus I'm worried Buredoran might jump into the top seat, and I don't really think he can pull off the top bad guy role...
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

They could of ended Goseiger right here. If the villains had any brains. He can teleport. Just follow the guys back to home base. Blow up datas, done. Or I don't know teleport their heads off :P. It always bugs me why all alternate dimensions have air.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

methos wrote:I actually like Drake, particularly his starting personality and the shift in his attitude towards the Goseigers. He seemed so casual and laid-back at first and now he's all "screw it, gonna beat you down myself", so he's a nice change from "I'm just gonna sit here and drink sake while my subordinates die" Doukaku. Plus I'm worried Buredoran might jump into the top seat, and I don't really think he can pull off the top bad guy role...
Doukaku wasn't the type of guy who prefer to sit back and wait. He wanted to lead from the front but he couldn't because his body couldn't take the lack of water of the Sanzu River. People don't seem to understand that about Doukaku. He had to rely on his subordinates so he could eventually be able to lead from the front. There have been other villains in the past that prefer to stay in the back while their subordinates did the dirty work. But Doukaku is not of those by choice.
Fidchell
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Evangelion
2nd Favorite Series: Digimon 01
My boom: .hack//

Post by Fidchell »

That was his ace!? if that's the case I am starting to wonder how many episodes this season will have =/
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

wait who's going to eat all that soup? nice of monue to go after hyde like that. thought the new warstar would actually be a general but guess not. it actually looks like the series is reaching it's climax i don't know why but it just feels like it
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
TrueZero
7X
Favorite series: Shinkenger, W
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Detective Conan

Post by TrueZero »

Phoenix512 wrote:
methos wrote:I actually like Drake, particularly his starting personality and the shift in his attitude towards the Goseigers. He seemed so casual and laid-back at first and now he's all "screw it, gonna beat you down myself", so he's a nice change from "I'm just gonna sit here and drink sake while my subordinates die" Doukaku. Plus I'm worried Buredoran might jump into the top seat, and I don't really think he can pull off the top bad guy role...
Doukaku wasn't the type of guy who prefer to sit back and wait. He wanted to lead from the front but he couldn't because his body couldn't take the lack of water of the Sanzu River. People don't seem to understand that about Doukaku. He had to rely on his subordinates so he could eventually be able to lead from the front. There have been other villains in the past that prefer to stay in the back while their subordinates did the dirty work. But Doukaku is not of those by choice.
That's right, thinking back to Shinkenger Act 40, when Doukoku appeared outside the Sanzu River, his body began drying up instantly and he had to be plunged into the river until the end of Act 47 just to recover.
I don't have anything to put in here right now.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

I don't think Mons Drake has much time left, he's probably going to get personally involved and get beaten...he almost got beaten when he tried his moon-pull thing. The way Buredoran was hiding in the shadows looking at Mons Drake, I have a feeling he might take over as bad guy for a while, before Warstar sends more powerful generals.
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Post by Deka_Hero »

Not bad, but not spectacular.
Hyde and Moune seemed to drop their quarrel a little to quickly, but if your trapped in limbo i guess getting your ass out supersedes any issues you have with the other person.

Still getting used to Mystic Brother. It's still werid, but in a funny way :lol:.
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

I loved Hyde's reaction at the beginning when Moune called him Old man, that was priceless. It was a nice episode overall.
Battra
Humongous
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

It was ok, i'll say this both Moune & Hyde's personality's do reflect their Tribes element well.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”