Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Shinkenger | Goseiger | Gokaiger >
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Goseiger 15 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

I think some people want Goseiger to end because they just plain hate it. Some people are probably thinking way too much of it.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

It got pretty serious this episode! Much earlier than usual as well, it's a shame Mons Drake was defeated by such an uninspired deus ex machina.

Can I make special mention of the music? About halfway through the episode we get a chorus of angelic 'ooo's and a church bell as if ringing in the end. It was pretty different from the rest of the soundtrack and added to the episode, i appreciated that.

So far it's been a pretty average story-barren season. I typically don't enjoy the seasons without much emphasis on story, but it seems to be a calculated decision as we get one every other year. I really don't understand the point of having these, particular as the years we DO have a bigger story are hardly an example of mind-blowing story-telling anyway. And particularly in this instance where they are trying to sell a card game on top of the season, you'd think having a deep story would be pretty important to getting people attached to it.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

takenoko wrote:The only problem I have is that it seems like they beat you over the head with some character traits, while others are created and kind of discarded to fit with the story of the week. Nothing super contradictory, it just seems a little uneven, especially for GoseiPink's character and Moune
Yeah just like Nozomu's cheering act in this episode, and you get Moune wondering what he meant about being the 12th player in the game by just cheering. The fact that she didn't get what it means seems contradictory to her Cheerleading episode.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

monritche wrote:Yeah just like Nozomu's cheering act in this episode, and you get Moune wondering what he meant about being the 12th player in the game by just cheering.
Just be thankful they didn't overcome certain death by having someone cheering and believing in them. I thought for sure that was what the cheering thing was going to be about this episode.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
Fidchell
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Evangelion
2nd Favorite Series: Digimon 01
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: .hack//

Post by Fidchell »

Yes best season ever! record time of 15 for big baddy to die ^_^ now that this is done with... wait i didn't hear about a new season...

Ok now that the overused joke is out of the way....
I want to agree with whoever was asking about nozomu killing his friends.. they're already lacking oxygen so might as well have them train under harsh conditions... they won't faint form the lack of oxygen...

I guess that spaceship was a lot higher up than what we thought then if it didn't kill japan and half of china...

=/ I don't think Nozomu's mind was erased.. i mean.. they literally said "Let's go home and eat curry" <_< or something along those lines.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Well wasn't expecting to Warstar to be gotten rid of in only 15 episodes, kinda disappointed that this was singular episode but i'm looking forward to see what the replacement for Warstar is.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

I agree, should've been a two-parter, ending was rushed.

Won't be long to wait now. 15 was up this time last week, so 16's due at any time now. The next time trail at the end is bound to reveal it if the episode doesn't.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

takenoko wrote:I actually like all the Goseigers' characters now at this point.
It's not that I don't like them, though they weren't as fleshed out as the ones in Magi were. The problem is that they don't interact as much as they could and they don't really match their "tempos" in the comedy scenes. I'm comparing it to magi because both shows have many points in common.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

m4rc0 wrote:I'm comparing it to magi because both shows have many points in common.
How's that? I don't see that at all
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

The way they get more power (and skills) through courage, defeating their enemies soon, gettin their powers from a mystic land, being amateurs that have to fight evil in the absence of a veteran fighter, having a talking mascot since the beginning... The dynamic between them in that house also remind me of Magi. And the personalities of some of them:

houka = eri
moune > or < Urara
Agri > or < Tsubasa

Alata has some points in common with Makito too.
tootbrush
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: W (tentatively)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by tootbrush »

kaemmerite wrote:Before the ship exploded, Buredoran said "This is the end of Warstar." If he had jumped ship, or survived (or planned on surviving) he probably would have said "This isn't the end of Warstar" or "You haven't seen the last of me" or "Warstar is finished, but not me." Something like that.
Something about the way he said it sounded like "Well, I guess that's the limit of Warstar". He didn't say that out loud, but I bet he was thinking it. :p

And we saw a bunch of sparks flying from his surroundings, but not his death. Buredoran could've easily escaped.. unless he chose to die, of course. But I think he's too much of a smart, backstabbing bastard to do that.
SentaiREDSkye
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Goseiger
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger

Post by SentaiREDSkye »

i loved the fight with Alata
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Today's commentary will be done by special guest commentator, Morbo.

TELESCOPES DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Thank you Morbo
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

The telescope joke really didn't make sense to me. The episode makes such a big deal out of it but it ends up not being an important. I was expecting it to become a vital detail that the Goseigers would need to save the day.

I'm under the impression that Goseiger didn't spend enough time in pre-production. You can tell by the various contradictory and illogical things that have happened in these 15 episodes. The writers were probably forced into using a half-baked concept in order to buy some time while they figure out how to make something compelling. Now that the "real story" is put together, they need to quickly reset the the show so that rest of the run isn't adversely affected.

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”