Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Goseiger 17 released

Post by takenoko »

Most people don't know the Prime Minister of Japan's name. I didn't want people thinking it was really him since their surnames were the same
blakeFYD

Post by blakeFYD »

i dont think goseiknight has a human form, i think he's a robot like the blue centurion from pr turbo. his mecha form and weapon were REALLY cool but im not too sold on his knight form, but i dont think his equipment is LEON more like LION with a japanese accent since LION would fit his motif
Why so serious?
erikhol
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by erikhol »

takenoko wrote:Most people don't know the Prime Minister of Japan's name. I didn't want people thinking it was really him since their surnames were the same
Well, there's a reason most of us don't know his name. It's not in our perview of concern. Not even in the slightest. It just seems notes should be reserved for clearing up something confusing, or something germaine to the plot. In professional subs they generally don't use notes at all - so it just seems like you might want to strive to keeping it to a minimum. It wasn't even really needed to tell what was written on the TV screen, since the same info was being told by the news woman.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Just calm down. There's nothing wrong with a piece of trivia like that. Don't get work up so easy over something so small like that.
erikhol
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by erikhol »

Phoenix512 wrote:Just calm down. There's nothing wrong with a piece of trivia like that. Don't get work up so easy over something so small like that.
I'm not worked up. I'm just saying the episode didn't need that piece of info, and then stating my reasoning why. That's all, it's up to you guys. But I just wanted to voice my opinion - as I think we'd all likes these episode dubbs to be the best they can be.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

To be quite frankly honest, it's good for posterity, since the Prime Ministers of Japan have a habit of lasting only a year or two in office. So while it might not be relevant now, it can be in the future, so people don't have to cross reference when this particular episode was aired with who was in office at the time.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It's funny because my editor told me that they had just got a new Prime Minister like the day I translated the script. Anyway, I'm going to assume Erikhol is speaking for himself. Opinion noted
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! New member!!!!!!!!!!! His MagiShine-ness was overwhelming but still cool.

The MotW turning into a vehicle...I like it.
The Sixth turning into a vehicle... I like it.
The Oringinal team not being totally worthless durning GoseiKnight's debut... I love it.
The opening spoiling me... Not so much.
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

After watching GoseiKnights debut about 100 times, I have a couple of changes I would like to make.

GoseiKnight should be called GoseiBadAss
When introduced, he should say 'The knight that brings awesomeness to the planet'
When shooting at the monster, he should say 'I have found the source of the planets losers'
LeonLaser should be called OwnageLaser (LeonLaser Sword should be OwnageLaser Sword)
Knightick Metallic should be Badass Metallic
Vulcan Headder should be PWNAGE Headder
Rather than that conviction rubbish, he should say 'Awesome BadAss Power'
Knightick Dynamic should be BadAss Dynamic
Groundeon should be 'Giant-Ass-Lion-Dumptruck-That-Shoots-Missles-Out-Of-The-Tires-And-Lasers-Out-Of-The-Mouth' or GALDTSMOOTTALOOTM. Granted, he phone would have a hard time saying it, but its now BadAss Phone, it can do anything.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

erikhol wrote:Well, there's a reason most of us don't know his name. It's not in our perview of concern. Not even in the slightest.
Talk about yourself. I'm interested in politics and it concerns me. I didn't need the note to know they were referencing Hatoyama though.

For those that are interested, the new PM is called Naoto Kan. He is also from the DPJ.

Back to the episode.

Moune looks better with that straight hair.

I was waiting another appearance from Buredoran, but I never thought he would be a Yuumajuu. I thought he would work as a mercenary for them (by providing the bugs). He probably ran from the previous angels and ended up with the Warstar.
Catastrophe wrote:but he also looks slightly riderish (IXA springs to mind).
I think he looks metal heroish. The problem is that many modern riders also have that metal hero look. Toei needs to ressurect the metal heros.

The gorilla commander looks like Yeti from Magiranger. Didn't like the new enemies too much. The warstar looked cooler, though they were weaker.

I found the episode too rushed. There was too much going on and it kinda broke the tension. It started very cool, with them gathering info and all the mystery... But after they found the new enemy, the commanders showed up to explain who they were and ruined it. They should've left us (and the angels) longer. And after this huge load of novelty, they introduced the sixth member and showed many of his skills (including a moonwalk) and his mecha. They could've left that for the next episode.

The next episodes will probably deal with Knight's attittude and he'll learn to work with the angels.

I didn't like the pistol form from Knight's weapon. It lacked a tube. Nor a fan of the red visor either. Though he looked cool overall, the armor in his legs is too broad and it looks silly. The robot was ok, but attacking while spinning was lame. The missiles weren't. I look forward to its human warrior form.

Everytime I see Alata's swordplay I like it more. He is the only one that shows some cool moves.
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

m4rc0 wrote: Everytime I see Alata's swordplay I like it more. He is the only one that shows some cool moves.
True. But I also like Hyde's moves. I take notice whenever he does that thing with the Seaick Bowgun and puts it backwards in his fist so he can go hand-to-hand and then switch back to shooting mode on the fly.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

m4rc0 wrote:Everytime I see Alata's swordplay I like it more. He is the only one that shows some cool moves.
I disagree. The other Goseigers also had some cool attacks, though of course, Alata's swordplay is definitely the coolest. Initially I thought he'd use fencing techniques because of the design of the sword, but he actually uses a Chinese sword style, using a lightweight broadsword. Was really impressed when I first saw it, still am now :D .
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

GoseiKnight's appearance took me by surprise. I noticed him in last episode's preview, but since we were getting an introduction to the new villains I figured Knight would just lurk in the background, maybe pull off a mysterious last-minute saving shot when the core team found themselves in a pinch, and then fully debut next episode. He's okay. Impressive enough for his introduction, but we'll see how well that holds up once we get more background on him.

Nice to see the angels using their special abilities out of suit to track down the enemy, figure out what its attack was doing, and identify a potential target so that they could set up a trap. Speaking of which, Hyde really likes that disguise technique, doesn't he?

I'm already liking the new villains more than Warstar. Bigfoot's verbal tic of repeating things three times in a row is amusing right now - I hope it stays that way and doesn't become annoying. Blob is like a cross between Shitari and Geki's Rageku. It's an interesting combination. And I guess I should be referring to them as Kingugon and Makuin, but the English parts of their names are wonderfully simple and accurate.

I could be blowing it out of proportion, but I think the tone this episode shifted. I never really took the Warstar plots seriously, but these new villains already feel more ruthless. If everyone hadn't magically been restored from the sludge-state, or maybe if they had taken a little longer, the villains' plot would have racked up a pretty significant body count. It made it feel that much more important the team win their battle.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

this episode with Gosei Knight leads me to believe that the Gosei Angels also have an american branch who else would develop his Tensou Phone. Gosei Knight is cool though his voice also sounds familiar it has the same tone as someone else we know that has been in the show so far. His appearence was also out of the blue i mean there was no lead up to him like there was for Shinken Gold. I knew that comet guy wasn't 100% Warstar but what's his game?
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

garfield15 wrote:True. But I also like Hyde's moves. I take notice whenever he does that thing with the Seaick Bowgun and puts it backwards in his fist so he can go hand-to-hand and then switch back to shooting mode on the fly.
I noticed that too (he did it in this episode), but since he is mainly a sharpshooter, he doesn't get much chances to fight hand-to-hand. But Hyde has the strategic thinking and deception to make him look cool.

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”