Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gosei 19 released

Post by takenoko »

Spoiler

Okay, so the problem here is that the Japanese use the same word for Ground and Grand. Groundion makes sense since there's a SeaLeon and a Skion, but GoseiGround not so much. It's like they forgot to tell the card maker that they're making a pun and that it was supposed to be GoseiGrand (it's grand on the gosei website)

GoseiGrand is a more logical step from GoseiGreat, plus even though it's made of Groundion, it's also made of a sky and sea part, so it's no longer exclusively ground.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Gosei 19 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Silly Japanese and their puns. GoseiKnight is really focused on his mission as he ignores protecting humans once again. I wonder if his experience of being captured and used as a pawn in a Yuuma beast plan would change his ways in the end. It was sad that Agri had to erase that family's memories of them believing in the Goseigers. As for GoseiGround, I don't really like the hat part of it.
blazin
Go Go!

Post by blazin »

Ya it should be gosei Grand instead.
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

I was practically debating with myself about the GoseiGround/Grand mix-up. Goseiknight is definitely saying it's GoseiGrand, but then the card says otherwise. I guess that little dilemma is now solved.

For the rest of the episode, wow, GoseiKnight sure knows how to make an MOTW feel like a chump. Lol he's basically pwning that guy, if not for the innocent bystanders getting caught up in the mess. I've also noticed that the overall fight scene choreography is getting better with each episode.
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

How manieth time is this now that Buredoran sacrificed a MotW to save himself?

Also, on Buredoran, the way he "transports" himself, has this been shown before to be the "Warstar way" (if so, I do not remember) or is it still unique to Buredoran?

More Grandion/Groundion nonsense. I guess sheer consistence would suggest now it's Groundion, Sealion and Skion forming Grandion?

I was glad they didn't absorb him into the team already, I'm not looking forward to GoseiKnight pretending to be a lamp to fool Daddy scientist.

And to agree with the rest, the series has only been improving so far and in hindsight filled some holes and improved the notions of the Warstar arc.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Decent episode. They remembered to whip their memories.
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by lostinbrave »

Props to Ehmar this had one of the best splashes ever, it could even be used professionally it was so good.
ImageImage
Squall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Rider-Man!
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Hana
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Squall »

Take, thank you for using my splash! ^.^
Astral

Post by Astral »

Wow... when GoseiKnight burst out of the cage and utterly ownt Buredoran and the MOTW I could FEEL the humiliation Buredoran felt from here. I was laughing my ass off at how badly they got schooled by GoseiKnight.

On another note, while the GoseiKnight theme itself is awesome and I wanna know when that'll come out, I don't like the GoseiGround theme :/
dinothunder1024
Gao
Favorite series: kamen rider kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: super sentai
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: webcomics
Quote: Has a creature ever perfected the art of denial as finely as a human?
Type: INFP Healer

Post by dinothunder1024 »

Am I the only one who thinks that they should have used Kintaros for the voice of the kappa?
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

I don't like it when they make the sixth too strong, because in the end they'll have to make it weaker somehow. Either it won't grow in strenght with the others or its strenght will be diminished gradually.

I also don't like the fact that it isn't a person. We already have datas as the robo sidekick. Since it isn't a person he probably won't be able to interact much with the others...

The episode wasn't bad, but it wasn't that good either. At least they solved some of the problems they had with knight.

Black's situation was kinda just there. It was solved too quickly and it didn't matter much. He also changed his reaction towards knight without any reason. I guess that's why they made that plot, but they didn't build a relation between these too plots.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

I agree, I think they tried to cram a bit too much into this episode, plot-wise. They should have made the episode where Agri fails to protect the girl, and the plot against GoseiKnight into two separate episodes. As it was the Agri parts just felt like "filler" to pad out the episode.

I really like the way GoseiGrand/Ground looks (to me it seems like he definitely says Grand, but I do recognize it says Ground on the card...OH JAPAN).
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It was Grand in the promotional material I believe, but that applied for Groundion as well. I'm sticking with Gosei Grand, it sounds more, grand lol.

In the past, I think the 6th has always dominated until their mecha debut (ie Genta kicked ass for the four eps until Ebi came around, and then got owned soon after that, by Diend no less). GoseiKnight absolutely dominated this monster.

I love Gosei Grand's design. It's victory charge was a little meh. I like it how the Groundion headder became the head for it as well. I'm hoping the toy for it has a cool transformable head to use.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Just so we're clear, grand and ground are spelled and pronounced the same way in Japanese. Are you sure the promotional material said grand, or was that just how someone translated the Japanese?
boukenbluekiva
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by boukenbluekiva »

What would I say?

:shock: Wow Gosei Knight is powerful, too powerful if you ask me.
The word ¨one man army¨ comes to my mind.

Ten Years of Power,Wisdom, and Henshin

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”