Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Shinkenger | Goseiger | Gokaiger >
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Goseiger 26 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

A Yuuma beast uses people's laughter against them and sucks them up. It's up to the unfunny duo of Hyde and GoseiKnight to save everyone.

Spoiler
I guess the laughter gourd doesn't discriminate between human, Gosei Angel, or Yuuma beast. It sucks up all laughter. It seem to me that Hyde's actor really had to laugh at those terrible jokes unless they were going for that fake laugh. I also thought at the end of the episode that GoseiKnight would laugh but he didn't.

I think it's sad for me that I recognize all of those comedians that Alata was imitating from Sasuke.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Goseiger 26 released

Post by Catastrophe »

It would have been great if Gosei Knight made a pun that made everyone laugh.

Meh, it seems like they are trying to foster interacting between each Goseiger and Gosei Knight. Last episode it was with Moune, now with Hyde. Because he lacks a human form, it just seems slightly unnatural. Oh well.
Spiegel
Adventure
Favorite series: PGSM
2nd Favorite Series: W
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Spiegel »

I was really happy to see that you released a creditless opening along with the episode, sadly you ruined it by adding karaoke effects and the usual translations. A creditless opening is probably the one thing where a fansub group subbing things is totally out of place.

The episode itself was weird, I felt like Hyde, I didn't laugh at all at the supposedly funny "comedy".
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

I don't get what Hyde meant at end of ep.

There's no translation note either and I don't know that word.

An explanation please?
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>released a creditless opening along with the episode, sadly you ruined it by adding karaoke effects and the usual translations.

You can buy the first DVD which has the opening/ending footage with no credits. The second DVD has the second ending

Which line are you referring to SWD?
Nexus_Schwarz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Nexus_Schwarz »

Wow, this episode was all over the place though it helps build more teamwork with GoseiKnight.

The fact that even the monster could get sucked up by the gourd at least proved that not even the villains are immune to it.

I kinda feel sad for Buredoran who's stuck in the cage while Makuin can just slip through it on a whim perhaps to taunt him. He's strangely taking it well (or perhaps strategizing in secret) regardless.
takenoko wrote:Which line are you referring to SWD?
"Shi(nai to)?" The last part in quotes is naito which is how one would say "knight".

It's clever in a sideways direction, but I guess that's Hyde's style. *shrugs*
Nexus_Schwarz... Is taking a nap, do not disturb.

^Sig by Yahiko~
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

I'm disappointed. I was expecting much of a hyde-centric episode. The jokes weren't funny and Hyde didn't have the chance to do something cool.

And as predicted, the fact that Knight has no human form makes his interactions with the team weak, since he can only fight with them.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Yes, Shi(nai to).
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

If these episodes doubled as personality litmus tests, I guess I'm a Hyde. Then again, I'm not sure it was the jokes so much as the actor laughing that made me laugh as much as I did.

Overall, not a bad episode. I thought the Hyde/Knight rapport was handled nicely. I've been enjoying this show much more ever since we shifted away from mecha introduction to developing the relationships between the various characters.
erikhol
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by erikhol »

I recently watched the episode of Sasuke with that speedo comedian - and then I saw this episode, with Alata repeating the same act.

I was actually impressed with how well the jokes came off for me - especially when you consider the cultural and translation barriers. Subtitles usually loose the direct comedic effect, becuase you're reading the lines delayed to the action -- but all of those jokes came of very well. Good work! That must have been hard to translate it all while also letting us know why something is suppose to be funny, especially since a joke becomes less funny when explained. But it really did come off well.

The act Hyde and GoseiKnight did, to defeat the enemy, seemed very reminicent of the Smothers Brothers - the classic straightman-funny man act.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

wow Japanese comedy sucks they're too easily ammused. this time it's gosei blue and gosei knight. does the big super bomber have to be Super Sky Land Sea Dynamic can't it just be Super Gosei Dynamic?
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

I don't think it's for us to say that Japanese people are too easily amused. They just have different comedy styles. It's not like America hasn't had that type of comedy before. Look at Abbott and Costello. They're not even all old either, ever seen Rush Hour? Besides, I could just as easily say American comedy sucks, it's all about swearing and being crude, it's only for the easily amused.

Okay, so rant about comedy over.

This wasn't an awful episode I guess, but I didn't like it all that much. I dunno, I guess because laughter on demand is a bit of a hard thing to do and so it usually feels fake and forced, so to have it be the focus of an episode is just kind of...eh.

I found it a bit strange that Moune was sucked up in her regular form but when the Yuuma beast destroyed the gourd, she was in her Goseiger form. I guess it's so they could avoid her having to transform but still. Just a bit weird.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Some very nice team building between Knight & Hyde, also interesting seeing the villains weapon actually be a double edge sword.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Hears All
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Miu!!!
Favorite Actor?: Yumi Sugimoto
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Hears All »

The part I enjoyed the most was the interaction between Hyde and GoseiKnight...another alright filler though

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”