< Shinkenger | Goseiger | Gokaiger >
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Goseiger 33 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

What is the Matorintis Empire?

Spoiler
GoseiKnight seems to be having trouble with something. I'm trying to recall if he ever met Nozumu before this episode but I can't. I figured that the other Goseigers would miss home but they still have things to do besides fighting the Matorintis Empire now.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Goseiger 33 released

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

this is gonna be interesting.
Spoiler
and i think Gosei Knight mer him once or twice, but i could be wrong.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Spoiler
- Robogog's voiced by Jūrōta Kosugi, the narrator for Blade
- Metal Alice's voiced by Marina Inoue: SZS' Chiri, Gurren Lagaan's Yoko, etc.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

He's done a random showing up at the observatory, I'm sure they've met before.

The one thing I've noticed as a central theme to all the villains is the Bibi. Perhaps there is more to those strange bugs then once thought? I recall that Buredoran gave what seemed like a half assed explanation to Derupta that it sounded like he didn't buy when he asked what they were. Then again, I speculate.
ShinkenSilver
Gao

Post by ShinkenSilver »

I see that the Matlintis seem to be named after robot movies (Robogog = Robocop, Metal Alice = Metropolis). 'Blade Runner' is a movie about robots who can pass for human. Hmmm.... is it possible that Bladerun was actually an advanced scout for the Matlintis Empire all along? Being a robot would certainly explain how he was able to change from a Warstar body to a Yumajuu one.
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Barim »

Rebuilding him with Matrintis technology also sounds like an option to me, considering how GoseiKnight responded to the machine, I'm certain he'd have noticed if Bladerun/Buredoran wasn't a Yuumaju.

Also, is it just me or was Hyde smiling very creepily when they discussed the brainwashing?
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

So, we've got a machine enemy force, and one of them is an evil robot secretary while the other is fairly unremarkable aside from being the boss.

.....I miss the Yuumajin already. At least Kingugon had that speech tic. I'm still hoping Buredoran will show back up, but with the evolution of how the Bibi bugs are used in this one, it seems like it's starting to drift away as a possibility more and more. The other possibility I can think of is that Robogog over there is actually Buredoran in roboarmor, just waiting for an excuse to use Cast Off and show his *true* true form, but who knows anymore.

Yeah, I really just want Buredoran to come back as a real villain. He totally woulda been awesome to watch as Lucifer no Buredoran for his Final Boss form.
Infernoshadow211
Adventure

Post by Infernoshadow211 »

So far we've had angels fighting evil aliens, ancient evil earth creatures, and now an evil robot empire. This would make for an awesome B-movie.
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

Matrintis = Matrix + Atlantis

Robots under the sea. A very interesting concept as it is. Add to that a female brains type that sorta reminds me of Buredoran, plus a competent looking/sounding leader type. I think I'm going to look forward to this group of villains.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Robogōgu & Alice are doing some pretty kinky stuff down in that underwater base for a kids show. :shock:

Hey we got ourselves some new villains and they turn out to be a machine based empire, just like Gaiark, Neo Gear Empire (Bioman) & the ones for Ohranger. They're really going for the retro with the villains, Warstar & Yuumaju comprising the the aliens & Earthbound villains & all 3 just happen to match our team's element's.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Alice is a breath of fresh air. Finally a female commander. And we always had three commmanders. Now there are only two. I guess you know who is probably showing up again... We still don't know what the Biibi and Biibi bugs are, because they seem to work with machines and beings created with all types of poison, as Buredoran said, shouldn't.

Knight doesn't know what to do, because these enemies don't want to destroy earth, just conquer it. Maybe that's why he didn't fight the Warstar.

And I guess they covered all the common enemies in sentai. Aliens, Robots and Evil Spirits. It would be good it there were human enemies, but I guess evil organizations are the riders' territory.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

So first Machine/beast type enemies then beast type and now back to machine type. How many villains are trying to rule the world in this sentai? Oh and FYI goseigers Master Headder isn't gone he just transformed into GoseiUltimate how long is it gonna take for you to figure that out. I don't think nozumu really drew all the pictures.
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

If Buredoran ties all the villains together, perhaps long ago, he built Robogog? I mean, someone had to build 'em, right? Yeah, it's a crazy theory and probably way wrong, but it WOULD make for a nice "Buredoran is the main villain for Goseiger" thing. I mean, I'm almost positive he'll come back (Dereputa did too after all), but I doubt he'll be responsible for building them.

Just a quick question. I know next to nothing about Japanese, and I'm sure you guys have a reason for doing it (magazine scans or something) but what is the reason for putting it as "Matorintis" instead of "Matlintis" since it seems to be some sort of parallel to Atlantis (ancient civilization, sunk beneath the sea, technologically advanced, etc.)?

I also wonder if there's any logic behind them calling GoseiUltimate instead of GoseiGreat other than "This is the new toy and we need to promote it." Probably not.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

There's a reason to call GoseiUltimate. How about "they were getting their collective asses kicked in their regular forms before using their Super forms to defeat it the first time"? Isn't that a good enough reason to call for GoseiUltimate?
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

Phoenix512 wrote:There's a reason to call GoseiUltimate. How about "they were getting their collective asses kicked in their regular forms before using their Super forms to defeat it the first time"? Isn't that a good enough reason to call for GoseiUltimate?
I've been thinking this for awhile, but if Sentai in general was an RPG, the Goseiger team would be pretty badly underleveled compared to the enemy groups they've faced. I mean seriously, how many times have we seen them get the crap kicked out of them for half the episode, only to push themselves back up and give themselves a rousing speech about how they'll never give up and the villains will never win? They've got two major enemy forces and five commanders under their belts now, you'd think they'd be able to go a couple episodes without being covered in bandages or anything.

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”