Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Goseiger 45 released

Post by takenoko »

So... a clip episode, but one that moves the story forward, so not that bad. And in a lot of ways, it set up the surprise at the end, so I kind of liked it

Ending twist:
Spoiler
So I've been thinking since quite early on that if Buredoran turns out to be the final villain, the ultimate twist would be that he would turn out to be a former Gosei Angel. I mean, it makes sense if you think about his abilities

But to see them actually do that, was kind of cool, I have to admit. Like the first time you see him use a Gosei technique, you have to go, "Oh yeah, they're really going to do this. This is going to be cool." When I got the pretime for this episode. Jonty the timer said that he wished they had given him a ranger suit for his true form. Now that would have been really great! Although I don't know how they would explain the blue face. Maybe after living millions of years you'd be blue too

His usage of Camoumirage was also kind of neat. His armor or body does the Tensouder's function somehow. I just think it's funny how they show his cyborg form as if it's just an illusion, even though Robogog clearly did make him into a cyborg. Mirages do not work that way!

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that in the preview for this episode, I thought Amachi was going to do something stupid when he wore that mustache. Nope, it's Master Head, and y'know, it kind of works. He's so weird and goofy all the time that when he's serious, you can't help but appreciate the seriousness of the moment (and forget the silly mustache)

Also, I was thinking about this episode, and the title kind of gives away that this is the story of Buredoran that they're talking about. I initially thought the Goseigers were getting a new form or something

And thinking about it more, why did GoseiKnight tell Master Head not to tell them? I mean, I guess he didn't know that Buredoran would reveal his identity in a few minutes, but how does this deception help them in battle?

One of GoseiKnight's books is a children's fable that was published in the 1940's:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buying_Mittens
NeoStorm

Re: Goseiger 45 released

Post by NeoStorm »

takenoko wrote:[ Image ]

So... a clip episode, but one that moves the story forward, so not that bad. And in a lot of ways, it set up the surprise at the end, so I kind of liked it

Ending twist:
Spoiler
So I've been thinking since quite early on that if Buredoran turns out to be the final villain, the ultimate twist would be that he would turn out to be a former Gosei Angel. I mean, it makes sense if you think about his abilities

But to see them actually do that, was kind of cool, I have to admit. Like the first time you see him use a Gosei technique, you have to go, "Oh yeah, they're really going to do this. This is going to be cool." When I got the pretime for this episode. Jonty the timer said that he wished they had given him a ranger suit for his true form. Now that would have been really great! Although I don't know how they would explain the blue face. Maybe after living millions of years you'd be blue too

His usage of Camoumirage was also kind of neat. His armor or body does the Tensouder's function somehow. I just think it's funny how they show his cyborg form as if it's just an illusion, even though Robogog clearly did make him into a cyborg. Mirages do not work that way!

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that in the preview for this episode, I thought Amachi was going to do something stupid when he wore that mustache. Nope, it's Master Head, and y'know, it kind of works. He's so weird and goofy all the time that when he's serious, you can't help but appreciate the seriousness of the moment (and forget the silly mustache)

Also, I was thinking about this episode, and the title kind of gives away that this is the story of Buredoran that they're talking about. I initially thought the Goseigers were getting a new form or something

And thinking about it more, why did GoseiKnight tell Master Head not to tell them? I mean, I guess he didn't know that Buredoran would reveal his identity in a few minutes, but how does this deception help them in battle?

One of GoseiKnight's books is a children's fable that was published in the 1940's:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buying_Mittens
Couldn't put it better ^^ but I KNEW the way Buredoran knew so much about the Gosei Angels was suspicious. So my theory was right after all hehe
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

*cough*Raigel*cough*
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

Flat out, this is his most awesome looking form. One of the things that holds fast in the Buredoran designs is always the black skin with the blue veins running around under whatever other armor he has on, which, even from Chupacabra, was sort of a minor giveaway that there was more to him than just his exterior chestplate. Stripping away all of the disguises and making that stuff much more prominent in his true form makes a lot of sense and just looks really cool for a design standpoint, at least to me.

And that's not EVEN counting the fact that all of my hopes and dreams for Lucifer no Buredoran basically came true, with the fallen angel bit. The only thing he's missing at this point are full wings.

Also, in response to Takenoko's thoughts on the mirage, it'd make sense to me that he had either "regenerated" his real form just before coming out to fight and simply faked his Buredo Run movements to play with them a bit, or he was still honestly in Cyborg no Buredo Run form when he came out and instantly restored himself into Final Boss Form now that he had his memories back and knew he could. Either way, he just used the image in the mirage demonstration for effect.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Heh, way back when series started, I was thinking how neat if they included fallen angel as one of important character to the series, whether it be sixth ranger or as an awesome villain. Glad that it happened especially with Buredoran. He's such an interesting villain from start to end.

Guess back in old days, Gosei Angels used orbs instead of cards or something.

Knight is clearly hiding something. I would think that he used to be Buredoran's headder but timeline doesn't seem to fit. Or maybe he simply didn't want team to know that they are gonna battle former Gosei Angel.

Also, now I am really curious to what happened to make him a fallen angel. I would assume it's just simply arrogance which is often the cause of angels to fall in different stories.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
prophetcrw
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Favorite Band: Anberlin
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: 'itsumo anata no soba ni iru'

Post by prophetcrw »

great episode! even if it is a clip show of sorts... i like the use of the whiteboard and photos to parse out who Buredoran really was.

the reveal isnt entirely surprising, but im super excited they went this direction. Buredoran's Gosei form is pretty sweet. Kinda sucks his Seraph wings are only 6 little feathers on his back, but the fallen angel form is pretty sweet.

GoseiKnight Mystery:
Spoiler
I'm putting this in spoilers because I dont know how much of this ruins the episode and it plays with future episode preview a little.

So to get on the GoseiKnight mystery: they were talking about no one was around when the old Gosei Angels existed and Master Head didnt gain consciousness until after the Yuumajin where originally sealed 10,000 years ago. Here's the catch. yes there was and his name was GoseiKnight. We're told he was a Headder from way back when with the original Gosei Angels. Which means he would know who was and wasn't old Gosei Angels. I'm still banking that Master Head didn't revive GoseiKnight but rather Buredoran did. Nothing about that made sense to me because the whole time I was thinking, GoseiKnight was around! he was the ONLY person we know that was around back then. So why wasnt it being brought up?

I am excited. This is going to be a good ending to a series that I've waivered back and forth with because of the three different factions business but the Buredoran line has always been the little mystery that kept me wanting to know what was really going on.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I think the thing that GoseiKnight didn't want Master Head to tell the Goseigers was that he's probably dying. I don't think Master Head knew that Buredoran was a former Gosei Angel since he didn't appear after the Yuuma Beasts were defeated. Buredoran's final form is awesome looking.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

I've been watching Goseiger out of bordem, but wow, now it's REALLY getting good. Can't believe I am excited for the next episode.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

I guess we all knew that Buredo was going to be the final enemy since he didn't die with the Warstar. Even when he was "dead", we were all expecting him to come back. We all also knew he was going to be a rogue angel.

Usually, I don't like predictable stuff, but they built it in a competent way, so I kinda liked it. It's kinda strange to hear Buredo say his cyborg form is a mirage, since he was defeated and was rebuilt, but I guess with all the mad skillz he got he could revert himself to his original body.

What I never noticed was the black and blue patterns that were always in his body. It showed a lot in Cyborg form, but not much in chupacabra or comet form. But I didn't like his Saviour form. It's too s]thin. I kinda like the armors he had in the other forms. And his head looks very big.

Since Knight is all mysterious and he was alive 10000 yrs ago. I'm guessing he was one of Buredo's headders.

It was also cool how they sat there and tried to figure what the hell buredo was.

ED

Spoiler
Did you see Buredo's Doukoku form in the vs movie trailer in the ED? That might look cool. And after the very cool fight between Sousuke and Takeru, they're doing another red battle between Takeru and Alata. That might be very fun to watch.
Last edited by Phoenix512 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding spoiler tag and description
samelf
7X

Post by samelf »

I think maybe it was an illusion that he was a cyborg he just allowed robocog to think he made him into one .... and maybe didnt lose all of his memory ...i'm not sure then again he did act like someone whom had loss their memory im not sure what to think.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Ever since they introduced the super headers (Abare), something within me regestered that Buredoran was or used to be a gosei angel, and this episode confirmed it. i do like this design more than the others, simply becuase the use of the silver, white, and gold in it make it stand out more above the others, giving him the right to truly be called 'savior.'

Something I want everyone, or at least those that want to, to think about:

Spoiler
Ever notice how in almost every 'Super Sentai vs.' They never have a complete set of matching rangers? (I.e. Red to red, green to green, yellow to yellow, etc.)? I wonder why that is. And the new robe that Shiken Red has is sooooo freaking beast! I want one! :D I hope that they do better on the finisher for this movie than the one they did. THat one was a waste of camera money.
Darien_Shields
7X

Post by Darien_Shields »

I have only watched Goseiger very intermittently. There are a bunch of things that bug me about this series, and I found it very hard to get behind the heroes a lot of the time. Around half way through I decided to give up on it. Now that the series is winding down, I thought I'd grab the last few episodes and see how things wound up.

... I am so glad I did.

Episode 44 and 45 were both crazy awesome. Some of the best individual sentai episodes I think I've ever seen. My favourite series is Gekiranger, but I think that a lot of elements I liked from that - the development of the villains and the gradual escalation of their powers - are clearly here in Goseiger. Buredoran's (Burajira's?) true form reveal was just so damn cool. The episode leading up to it does give it away a little, but it's still really, really cool.

One thing I liked in particular, re-watching the climactic scene, is how Buredoran equips an orb. Maybe this is just me being fanciful, but maybe because he's an ancient Goseiger he predates the card equip system. Back in the old days, they didn't have Tensouders and Cards- they had Orbs! Maybe? I like that idea, anyway.

As for Gosei Knight saying "don't tell them", I'm guessing he's alluding to something else. When he first said it I actually thought they had done one of those "Oh, you get a temporary powerup, but now you will die in 48 hours" sorts of thing, where in exchange for fighting last episode, Gosei Knight would soon die. I guess not, now, seems like he's alluding to something completely different.

Anyway, really amazing episode, I might just have to grab the batch once the series is done and actually watch through the whole thing.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

I want to say I feel vindicated now. One of my posts in the episode 13 thread:
I was also hoping that Buredoran's comment about knowing all about their Tensou techniques would have some sort of cool reveal, like he was a rogue Gosei Angel or something who sided with Warstar, but eh, he just had some seeds from some galaxy.
I was right and just didn't know it!

Cool episode though, and I'm still confused on the Mantorintis thing, like most others. Was his memory really stolen and would he not have returned if not for Robogog? Or was he just pretending to have his memories stolen and was using them like he used Warstar and the Yuuma Beasts? Ah well, not worth worrying about I guess.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I thought for sure his memory was stolen. That's why Metal Alice stuck the really cool USB plug into him which allowed him to regain his memories

I guess the tone is a little inconsistent with Buredoran. He's the master manipulator, but he really got jacked by the Yuuma Beasts and was used by Matorintis. In a more complex show it'd probably make him look more realistic as a character, but for a show like this it makes him look a lot more vulnerable, despite being the ultimate villain
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I remember back in episode 12 (the one with the Warstar that had the seeds to counter the tensou techniques) someone said in that thread that it would be cool if the reason he knew how to make them was because he was a fallen angel. Guess it panned out. When those forms where Camimirage I was like woah.

Surprising that we actually get some plot revelation on one of these recap episodes. The only other one I can remember off the top of my head is the G5 Prince one from Go Onger though.

Also, I did joke that it could have been Master Head/ Professor, but I didn't actually think it would be the case lol.

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”