Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Goseiger 46 released

Post by takenoko »

Pretty cool back story for Burajira. I kind of feel like they retconned Groundion's story though, since I thought he fell into the glacier during the battle

By the way Orthrus no Namono Gatari can be written as Orthrus no na monogatari, which would mean Orthrus' story. The two-headed dog sibling of Keroberos
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthrus

I kind of feel like there's not enough conflict of interest on the Goseiger's part. Shouldn't they be more shocked with fighting a fellow Headder? No? No reaction at all? It'll be interesting to see what kind of theme the new monsters of the week will have
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Goseiger 46 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

They didn't retconned Groundion's story. The exact words that GoseiKnight used in episode 18 was "10,000 years ago, I fought the Yuuma Beasts with the Goseigers of that time. But before I knew it, I was far from battle... ...sleeping in the ground under the thick ice."

Now Burejira said that he ordered Groundion to lay dormant in the glacier. So the story that GoseiKnight told does make sense that he followed Burejira's order to go to away from the battle and stay in the glacier. At least they did explained Burejira's backstory with time travel and how he was able to send Alata back in time.

Yeah I was a bit surprised that the Goseigers didn't have any reservation in fighting Namono Gatari. Agri and Moune thinking is something they should do more often. Impressed that they could pull it off so well.

One more thing, I was the only one who stay with the correct guess what GoseiKnight didn't want Master Head to tell the other Goseigers back in episode 45. There was one other guy who thought that he was going to die but decided to change his thoughts about it. Sure you may have gotten that GoseiKnight was Burejira's Headder but that wasn't what he didn't want Master Head to tell the Goseigers. Dying is the only thing that would affect the Goseigers' greatly.
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

I love the Buredoran villain shot during the opening. Just wanted to mention that.

When you stop and think about it, Burajira makes some really good points about the differences in how things are done between now and back then. If you'll recall, Knight was exactly the same way at first about how the current angels were weaklings for relying on each other as a team, doing a half-assed job of protecting the planet, and how humans in general didn't matter as much in the long run. Burajira's mindset is exactly the same as that, only with more direct animosity towards Gosei World for his persecution. Not to mention, he says it doesn't matter to him, but I imagine using an incomplete Tensou technique to throw yourself ten thousand years into the future while having your body permanently twisted into a kaijin form probably really freaking hurt. He's probably still a bit sore about that, too.

As for the whole thing about fighting another Headder, they probably would've had more of a reaction if he hadn't charged them immediately. Between instantly fighting for their lives and watching Knight get the crap kicked out of him and captured, they really only had enough time to file Namono Gatari under the "Enemy, must kill" category. Though, I personally find it interesting how, counting Knight, Burajira's Headders all have humanoid forms. I wonder if he'll use any of them as actual Headders at some point.
Ash Rudel
Go Go!
Favorite series: Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: W, Kabuto, Faiz
Quote: Obachan said this... "My evolution is faster than the light. Nothing in the whole universe can keep up with my evolution.

Post by Ash Rudel »

Him using the headers are headers. That just gave me the horrible yet awesome of idea of Burajira Great.

His recap of how he ended up here was quick and too the point, but it was good.
Kinda makes me glad this is what Goseiger has been building up too.
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

I like how it was suddenly revealed Burajira is actually an idealistic extremist and became so because the ancient Gosei Tenshi branded him a Pariah for his actions.

Sort of reminds of the Wheel of Time, Spoilers for WoT...

Spoiler
The whole bit about the males being outcast from the Tower for Breaking the World, which was a result of sealing away the Ultimate Evil

That was just way to much "Aim for the horn" at first to me. Then they realized the chest was the weakness and cleverly played with that so they could hit his Tensou Orb.

Preview Spoilers

Spoiler
I like how they are setting each tribe up for a final spotlight episode, as the preview implied Hyde is next.

The only thing I disliked was the way how Burajira joined the Warstar. Felt a bit to quick and impromptu. It warranted in no way his position amongst the Warstar. Unless the BiiBii bugs were Yuumayu in origin and he bought his way in like that, I do not see how he would get such a high position in such a short time.

Edit: Why do I keep messing up my tags...
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

BiiBii bugs were probably an off-shoot Gosei technique to allow other people/things to grow and the hive is a way to produce those bugs without using the technique every time. Remember that the Yuumajuu didn't know about the bugs at first.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Nice seeing Burejira's back story get more fleshed out. Abit surprised that the Goseiger's didn't bat an eye taking on Namono, I guess either they didn't hear the "Headder" part or they're just so used to fighting monster's now it really doesn't matter. Speaking of Namono it would've been nice to see him being created, or at least show his Header Form when the Goseiger's defeated him.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

The show has explained almost everything so far, but they didn't explain the Biibi and the Biibi bugs.

I guess Burajira used a jutsu to turn his headders humanoid. An I think that thing at the end was Bull header's mecha form. For some reason he needed the Goseigers to defeat him so that he could assume that form. I guess we'll see a Burajira Great.

Bull looked like a landick headder. Maybe we'll have seaick and skyick headders too. Myabe they can get them afterwards...

A little late, but teh landicks used their brains... I just didn't like how they had to think that much to notice something so obvious...

The deal about knight being Knight being Burajira's was already expected. The dying part needs to be better explained. Maybe he's dying because he hasn't an angel, like the other headders...

How did Burajira summon the Warstar? That needed a bit more of attention. He was flung to the present and immediately knew there was an alien army and a machine empire? This, along with the fact that he was modified by Robogog but seems to be back to his original form needs to be elaborated.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Phoenix512 wrote:BiiBii bugs were probably an off-shoot Gosei technique to allow other people/things to grow and the hive is a way to produce those bugs without using the technique every time. Remember that the Yuumajuu didn't know about the bugs at first.
That may be the case, but off the top of my head Buredoran gave a half assed explanation to Dereputa and said that they were a culmination of various poisons etc gathered throughout the galaxy. While it possible could be a ploy to cover his ass, he has shown to be clever enough to warrant actually making them.

Great episode, really getting into endgame now. Two big twists, one him being his headder, which is nice to come full circle, and the other being that he is actually dying. I think thats good, it would suck if he actually recovered completely from his sacrifice against Robogog.

Also, every time Gosei Knigt gets captured, he ends up in that damned cage.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

I'm with others. Burajira's explanations are just weird. He goes to the future and summons Warstar...how? Then he changes his appearance...why? And he joins them and becomes a commander...because?

I can understand him changing his appearance for the Yuumajuu. He wouldn't want them to recognize he was the one who sealed them 10,000 years ago (even though the time travel twisted his appearance so they probably wouldn't have, but we'll assume they would've recognized him if he didn't). But why change appearance for Warstar? It doesn't really make any sense from a plot standpoint. And the whole "Was his memory really taken and how could he have used CamoMirage when Robogog rebuilt him" thing on top of that is just...really bad writing, I think.

I mean I know it's a kids' show but this whole thing seems thrown together without any real thought to it. I don't deny that Burajira being a rogue Gosei Angel is awesome, and they definitely were building up to this throughout the series, but it still feels poorly done.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>He goes to the future and summons Warstar...how?

What do you mean how? He used magic or something. This isn't really an important plot point that needs addressing

>Then he changes his appearance...why?

Because hiding his identity is advantageous? It would be foolish if he went "Hey, I used to be a Gosei Angel that protected this planet, how about letting me join up?"

>And he joins them and becomes a commander...because?

Probably to use them to conquer the Earth. This was theorized back in the recap episode. He was probably going to betray them afterwards

>And the whole "Was his memory really taken and how could he have used CamoMirage when Robogog rebuilt him" thing on top of that is just...really bad writing, I think.

I was partially joking about that. I wouldn't go as far as to say every inconsistency makes for bad writing, since really, not every detail is important. More than likely, he probably magicailly removed his cyborg parts when he became Burajira before seeing the Goseigers again. Sometimes you just have to wave your hand and let some things go for the sake of enjoying the story
Mechafox
Adventure

Post by Mechafox »

I got the image, imagine this

Leon Laser, with Groundion header.

Boom. Headshot
Who doesn't like a cyberfox?
Oba chan wa koitteta, mecha no michi o aruiki, kitsune koto tsukasadoru otoko.
Ore no na wa Mecha. Fox.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

If Burajira managed to get Groundion to go to a glacier and wait there without realizing that he was told by his master, he probably can convince the Warstar to let him to be a commander via hypnosis. He probably didn't do the hypnosis trick on the Yuuma Beasts figuring his cover story was enough but Makuin and Kingugon were much smarter and clever than Burajira expected.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

But did he feign a loss to GroundGoseiGreat? Or was it pure luck that Robogog rebuilt him? Or did he intentionally let Robogog rebuild him but didn't realise he'd purge his memory?

I know, Childrens show, don't read into it etc.
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

Hubris, and a bit of sleight of hand on the writers' part. I'll explain.

From about the moment the Miracle Headders came up, people were starting to realize that Buredoran had more of an agenda going than simply just being a carryover villain from the Warstar arc. So the writers made him get a little sloppy. He plays up the sneaky villain part a bit, gets carried away, then screws up and gets thrown into the Dynamic like a chump and goes on from there to lose a giant robot fight. People think he's dead, guys like us talk about how we really thought there'd be more to him than just that, then fifteen episodes later, he comes back with a new form. We cheer and declare him the final boss waiting to happen, but he's been gone a long enough absence that we've forgotten a few of the more subtle details behind it all until they're brought back up during the recap episode, just in time for him to reveal his final boss form. We can all agree this is exactly what happened.

It's easy to explain away that, because he was the one who sealed Makuin and Kingugon in the first place, he probably had a bit lower opinion of their intelligence than he should've. He's sealed them once, so he shouldn't have any problems doing it again, right? This is where Buredoran has his one moment of real stupidity in the whole show. He failed to take into account that while he jumped through time, Makuin and Kingugon have had the full 10,000 years to become best buds while sharing a prison cell. Pitting them against one another doesn't work, they see through his plan and set him up, you know how the rest of the story goes. Watching him get tossed right into that Dynamic is still one of the funniest moments I'll take away from Goseiger.

From there, the question of the giant fight. Did he lose on purpose? Did he die? I think the answer to both of those is "No, he didn't." There are a few things to keep in mind here. First, he was still hiding behind his Chupacabra disguise, so he wasn't fighting at his full power. Second, he was rather ticked off at the time, so he wasn't going at it intelligently the way he normally would. He's angry, he's not thinking straight, and he's getting really tired of the Goseigers getting in his way. So like any traitor villain whose plans have fallen apart around him, he loses and takes a finisher to the face. Game over.

Now, here's where the "not fighting at full power" part comes in. He lost, but he wasn't throwing everything he had into it. So rather than dying, he was just tossed violently down somewhere, unconscious and heavily wounded. Matorintis didn't bring him back from the dead, but if they hadn't brought him back, he'd have probably been dormant for awhile while he recovered from his wounds. They just happened to roboticize him and bring him back to consciousness, and he took over from there. As we've seen, the cyborg parts of his body WERE real. He took damage enough times to prove that. But it's also clear that, once he became fully conscious again, it wasn't much trouble at all for him to get rid of the mechanical parts and heal all the injuries he took when he lost. So while he would've eventually come back on his own, it probably would've been a couple years or centuries later, and certainly not in time to be our final boss.

And there you have it. He screwed up, he lost, he came back. Now he's back with his sexy evil final boss form, and swatting us around without any effort at all. Honestly, with the kind of power he's throwing around now, he probably didn't even need to waste the effort hiding behind the other groups. I mean seriously, have they actually landed a single hit on him as Burajira so far?

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”