Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Goseiger 48 released

Post by takenoko »

Man, what an amazing episode. It's these kind of episodes that really make you appreciate Alata as GoseiRed. I mean, he looks really beaten up and like he's about to cry in that one scene near the end. And the solution is one of those unexpected Alata-type solutions that are really cool when they work out. The angel punch was amazing

And then there's the rest of the episode where Burajira "tricks" the other Goseigers into defeating the last guy to make the wedge. It's just a little unsatisfying that they have to dumb down the heroes so much that they can't even pass a "one of these things is not like another" test (GoseiKnight would make a terrible wedge, he looks nothing like the other wedge monsters)

I don't remember if I mentioned this before, so I'll do it now. I really like the fact that the last couple of dark Headders can transform. I don't remember if the first dark Headder did or not

And this is a small thing, but I'm glad the Eri singing came back, since I like little things that build continuity like that

Finally, the triumphant return. The lost ally is finally restored to his place among his friends, and they all are together in the presence of Professor Amachi for the first time. It was a pretty good moment and a nice way to end a pretty exciting episode
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Goseiger 48 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

The first Dark Headder didn't transform.

Yeah it was obvious that GoseiKnight wasn't the third wedge. If Burejira didn't want him around back then, why would he use him as a wedge? Alata has his moments for sure and the angel punch was the best one so far. It was funny when Professor Amachi kept putting off the explanation of how he knew about the Goseigers but I didn't expect he knew when Master Headder possessed his body. I was hoping for way back in the beginning. And also, End is a weird name for a ritual to bring back all life on Earth. Wouldn't you called it Birth and then have the reverse of that be End?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Gosei Knight manages to cheat death again. Good man.

Also like how the Professor knew about the Goseigers. Goes to show he's not just some goof.

I'm excited now, they've set up this endgame quite nicely.
DrakosAmatras
Go Go!
Favorite series: Ryuki, GoGo, Geki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O, Boken
Dreamy: Morita Suzuka
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Buddhism
Quote: "I will die someday; it's only a matter of time."

Post by DrakosAmatras »

Speaking for the series overall, I'm liking the final arc (much) more than any previous ones, starting with the recap clip episode. The separate villain team arcs did contribute to the final villain's final grand scheme, but those did very little on their own aside from waiting to be defeated and replaced by another team, so they probably needed more work individually. Oh, well; at least the result from their build-up was more satisfying.

I'm really curious about what happened backstage for the series' production, because Goseiger's quality, from what I can see, fluctuated so wildly throughout its run. Were there changes in scripts? Was there interferences from the higher-up that disrupted the story's direction? I wonder where I can read those things.

Rescue Soldiers have never been more adorable.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

HEAVEN'S KNUCKLE! - Cookie to the one who knows where this reference is from XD

The final arc is really exciting. And however does GoseiKnight look like one of those Wedge Header/monster thingy?
Phoenix512 wrote:And also, End is a weird name for a ritual to bring back all life on Earth. Wouldn't you called it Birth and then have the reverse of that be End?
The end of something, the beginning of something new? Though since Master Head did mention it was to 'bring all life back' shouldn't 'Resurrection' or 'Rebirth' be the most appropriate in that case?
H.E.N.S.H.I.N
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger
My boom: Trial!

Post by H.E.N.S.H.I.N »

Heaven's Knuckle? Isn't that Angemon's?

This final arc is really good. I really liked that punch from Alata, and it was good to see GoseiKnight back again, although we pretty much knew he would be back, it felt great to see it happen.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Been behind on this from the start, of course, but did someone say the final countdown?

...any chance to share what kinds of things I watch in the morning @.@
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

Catastrophe wrote:
Also like how the Professor knew about the Goseigers. Goes to show he's not just some goof.
For me actually showed him as a greater goof. He was oblivious to all the obvious stuff and needs to be told by a gigantic floating head?

Unless the lack of surprise on his face in that scene is genuine and his reaction was more like "sure, I knew that". But it didn't really seem that way to me.

I agree the wedge thing was to obvious. They all three had the wedge designs on their chests for crying out loud.

Oh, and Burajira used a skiick orb. So there goes one theory. If you ask me, all of his personal headders we've seen looked very earth like. (including groundion) Has there been anything definitive on Burajira's tribe yet?
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

I like how Alata handled things over the course of this episode. He starts off all dark and serious, then plays it off as just him sort of joking a little bit, that he wouldn't ever actually defeat Knight. Then sure enough, much to the surprise of the entire team, he takes Knight head on and they go and freaking BRAWL. Goseiger's had a lot of fights like any other Toku show, but the feel of this one was really much more "real" than a normal fight. There was no saving the day or defeating the MotW or curbstomping like normal, this was just two guys straight out trying to beat the hell out of one another. Coming from Alata, it was freaking awesome.

And THEN he starts talking, and it gets even better. You could really feel the emotion in what he was saying, like he really was deadset on killing Knight if there was no other way through it, and it was tearing him up inside as a result. I agree with Takenoko when he said Alata really seemed like he was on the verge of crying towards the end. Watching him start slugging Knight across the face while unhenshined was an amazing moment. I almost expected them at some point during that to show his knuckles all bloody from hitting him barehanded so many times. Then he gets to the point of the angel punch, and it just makes perfect sense what he was trying to do the whole time. Really, it's scenes like that one that make me glad I stuck with Goseiger all the way through.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

This last arc for the series finally showed Goseiger can be good. Those three evil teams where so annoying, I pretty much just watched the show as a task. Till we finally got proper story. I was really happy that the professor finally found out. I would of been mad if he was never told in the entire run of the show.
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

That my friends, is how you do a 1 on 1 battle. Goseiknight vs GoseiRed > ShinkenRed vs Juuzou.

from what I gather, Burajira might have been from the Landick tribe, because Groundion is a Landick headder, and the Skylion and Sealion Headders are Skyick and Seaick respectively. I mean, just look at their colors. Groundion is black, Skylion is red and Sealion is blue.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm also very tempted to make a Gurren Lagann joke about the monster of the week. I can't help it, its the first thing I think with giant drills.
Ash Rudel
Go Go!
Favorite series: Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: W, Kabuto, Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: Obachan said this... "My evolution is faster than the light. Nothing in the whole universe can keep up with my evolution.

Post by Ash Rudel »

The highlight of this ep is (like few poeople have pointed out), Alata vs GoseiKnight.
Just goes to show even thought Alata is always kinda happy and easy going, when push comes to show he can serious the hell up and kick some ass. 8)
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Wow, goseiger actually shows how it sucks to be in a building during giant monster's rampage. A really different perspective.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
SwordHero1
Kamen Knight

Post by SwordHero1 »

Putting the Sky Wedge on a building? I... guess that makes sense given how high up they can be, though I would've guessed... the clouds or at least a mountain.

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”