Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Shinkenger | Goseiger | Gokaiger >
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Goseiger vs Shinkenger

Post by Phoenix512 »

kaemmerite wrote:I think I should point out that with a few exceptions, VS movies are alternate reality. Like in Go-Onger VS Gekiranger how they used G12 to fight Yogostein, despite the fact that they didn't get G12 until after Yogostein had already been destroyed.
That's wrong. They got G12 just before they defeated Yogostein. He was the second person to be defeated by it.
I don't think this has any continuity with Shinken VS Go-On. The reason I say that is Shitari saw the Goseiger in that movie, and didn't have his memories wiped...and he doesn't recognize them in this one (he even mentions "Who are these strange people?" at the beginning of this movie). DaiGoyou didn't seem to recognize them either, although I don't remember if his memories got wiped or not. While Alata seems to know about the Shinkenger, it just seems like they've heard about them in passing or something. At any rate, Shitari not remembering them definitely means it doesn't take place in the same continuity.
That's also wrong. Shitari wasn't there when the Goseigers appeared in Shinken VS Go-On. It was Akumaro, Juuzou, and Tayuu that fought the Goseigers. Also DaiGoyou was under a vow of silence from the Goseigers not to mention and he mention that he remember same situation when the Gokaigers suddenly appeared.
Biccy
Infinity
Favorite series: Dekaranger
Dreamy: Satoru

Post by Biccy »

I'd think it's fairly apparent when this takes place. Between Goseiger 32-33, since Bladerun was killed by the Yuuma Beasts/Goseigers and then later revived by the Matrintis. Alata also only references the Yuuma Beasts and Warstar when he was trying to figure out what the Gedoushuu were.
prsentai
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by prsentai »

I CANNOT believe that 2 years ago, I thought Mako was
prsentai wrote: shinkenpink is F'ugly
Kiva Jyu Fly Ken Tatsulot
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

god.. it was okay.. DarkShinkenRed is pretty bad ass. It was a dark joy for me to see him just go through Goseigers like that. I wouldn't mind watching a 10 minute loop of him just destroying Goseigers. I thought the Best part of the movie was when they met up with Kotoha. Ahh I miss her so much.
Reaver
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black/RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: "There are two kinds of people in this world... The ones that want to be me, and the ones that want a part of me..."

Post by Reaver »

As expected, the Shinkengers carried the Goseigers the whole 1:02:12...
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

Phoenix512 wrote:That's wrong. They got G12 just before they defeated Yogostein. He was the second person to be defeated by it.
Er, yeah, you're right. I forgot. However, the point still stands. Yogostein is still around in Geki VS Go-On, plotting with the other two, and they use G12 at the end. So there's literally no place in Go-Onger where that VS movie can take place, since either Sousuke would be stone (because of Yogostein's attack on him right after the first use of G12), or Yogostein would have been defeated (since they use G12 to defeat Yogostein in the very next episode). Since there's no window of opportunity in there for Geki VS Go-On to take place, it's clearly AU.
That's also wrong. Shitari wasn't there when the Goseigers appeared in Shinken VS Go-On. It was Akumaro, Juuzou, and Tayuu that fought the Goseigers.
Was it? I haven't seen that one in ages...I'll have to check it out again. I think I'm confusing it for the Shinkenger World episodes of Decade where Shitari was spying on DiEnd and said "Who is this weird person?" I thought he was spying on the Goseiger as well...but I guess I'm wrong about that one...ah well. In that case, yeah, it probably is in continuity with the previous VS movie then. The Gokaiger appearance prevents it from being canon with the Gokaiger series though (as far as we know, at least...could be weird time-travel shenanigans going on or something).
friendlyquark
7X
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Bruce Banner
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Imogen Heap
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: writing
Quote: Ca va, go-busters?

Post by friendlyquark »

kaemmerite wrote: I don't think this has any continuity with Shinken VS Go-On. The reason I say that is Shitari saw the Goseiger in that movie, and didn't have his memories wiped...and he doesn't recognize them in this one (he even mentions "Who are these strange people?" at the beginning of this movie). DaiGoyou didn't seem to recognize them either, although I don't remember if his memories got wiped or not. While Alata seems to know about the Shinkenger, it just seems like they've heard about them in passing or something. At any rate, Shitari not remembering them definitely means it doesn't take place in the same continuity.

Given Marvelous breaking the fourth wall and saying "This looks like a movie!" it's probably best to take the words of Mystery Science Theater 3000 to heart: "Repeat to yourself it's just a show, you should really just relax." Again, VS movies seem to take place in their own little bubble world outside of continuity.
Well, Daigoyou also only saw them in costume the first time, not when they were in civvies, as it were. Why would he recognize them when they weren't Henshin'd?

Actually, Marvelous breaking the fourth wall is an echo from the Sensei's Daughter from Hurricanger, she also broke the fourth wall in both Hurricanger VS movies. :) I think it was a shout out to Hurricanger fans.
prsentai
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by prsentai »

Phoenix512 wrote:Also DaiGoyou was under a vow of silence from the Goseigers not to mention and he mention that he remember same situation when the Gokaigers suddenly appeared.
Wrong there. DaiGoyou told everyone else as mentioned in the extra vs. message last year.
Kiva Jyu Fly Ken Tatsulot
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Nozomu is barely in the movie, but he is there for a scene in the very beginning. He and the Professor have a brief clip in the ending as well.

Some nice references to both series, such as Takeru's habitual "too long" criticism and Hyde's obsession with going to different stores to get the best price/quality product.

The expressions when Datas pops up, especially Takeru's, are great. Funniest scene in the movie, however, was Kotoha's reactions to "Ryuu-san" disappearing at the train station (camomirage strike again!) and meeting angels. Moune's exasperation only made it even funnier.

I was very amused with Ryuunosuke's line to Alata "Seems like that's all you say." regarding how things will work out. Such a large percentage of Alata's lines revolved around that message that I got quite sick of hearing it. Having Ryuunosuke and Chiaki act so sulky was realistic, I suppose, but not very entertaining to watch.

It's interesting to see how the poses for Gokaiger changed from the time of the VS movie filming to the start of their series filming. I'm glad they dropped the popped collars from the standard roll call.
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

okay so i've only just watched it fully and i gotta say i loved it. every single main cast members of shinkenger appeared even hime. does buredoran ever die? and is this after the end or is it between yumma and matorintis? it's cool that he took on the form of dokoku though. gedou shinken red's suit looked preety cool actually. the gedoshu tried for 48 episodes to try and get the sanzu river flowing and it only took beuredoran 30 minutes to get it into the human world. gokaigers entrance was pretty showy too and once again daigoou saw all but knows nothing. I enjoyed the movie!!!
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Not bad, nice seeing the Shinken team again, also kinda disappointed that Kaoru didn't get a bigger role. Not a huge fan of next years team showing up in these, but I have to say the Gokaigers appearance was alot better than the Goseiger's appearance in the previous VS.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by 09MurphyM »

I was rewatching the part where the Gokaigers appear and thought to my self "Who would have thought It actually happened in Gokaiger".

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”