Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Goseiger vs Shinkenger

Post by takenoko »

You know, it kind of makes me happy that GoseiRed and ShinkenRed don't act all surprised by each other's existence in this. GoseiRed even seems to know about ShinkenRed and stuff, that's good. It makes it seem like there's come continuity

Seems weird that Buredoran has yet another form. I wonder when this is taking place. I guess it's before the last episode of the series since the Tower of Heaven isn't back

Yay, Kaoru!

The rollcall with that mountain in the back is pretty beautiful

Is DaiGoyou going to appear next year to preview the next Sentai as well?

The dance at the end was pretty fun

Edit: Watching the making of, at the meeting the Goseigers come out bringing rabbits. I guess to commemorate the year of the rabbit?

For their birthdays they give ShinkenBlue and GoseiYellow cakes that are shaped like their masks (Think the date said October 1). Guess she's 21 and he's 23.

Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Goseiger vs Shinkenger

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's a weird turnaround for Takeru to respect Alata right off the bat if you compare to how Takeru acted towards Sousuke in Shinken VS Go-On. I think if you want a place to put it at, I would guess sometime around after Buredoran being defeated as a Yuuma Beast but before getting GoseiUltimate or at least before the Matrintis appeared.

I'm glad that Kaoru makes an appearance in this and was useful. Stuff like that really adds flavor to this. All the old references with Ryuu's first appearance in a kabuki outfit, Mako being hauled away in that royal carriage, Genta's sushi is still plain, Jii's long winded explanations, and DaiGoyou seeing the new team again. I'm surprised that Hyde would think that dressing up as old-time samurai would make them understand the Shinkengers. That idea is something Eiri or Alata would think up. Kotoha still makes me laugh with giving souvenirs to the Goseigers and saying if it's okay to give them that since they're angels.

I definitely enjoyed this VS and think it's one of the better ones out there. I really hope that DaiGoyou sees the new team again for Gokaiger VS Super Sentai and kept that joke running.
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

What had me smiling? The part where the camera angle is looking up and you see them flip one after the other just before they whip out a can of butt kicking after the henshin & roll call.

This was a pretty nice VS. I think in regards to Takeru and Alata, Sousuke's rough-style (he shoved and told Mako and Kotoha to get out of his way) seemed to have rubbed Takeru the wrong way. Compared with Alata, who was looking out for the civilians without going in all the flashy moves that Sousuke would do.
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

Seems weird that Buredoran has yet another form. I wonder when this is taking place. I guess it's before the last episode of the series since the Tower of Heaven isn't back
I wonder how he got this power, because it does seem like he had the real power and not just a illusion.
The rollcall with that mountain in the back is pretty beautiful
I didn't like this roll-call, I think the way they did the Shink vs Go-onger was better. The music they used was better and the way they did the roll call was better.
Is DaiGoyou going to appear next year to preview the next Sentai as well?
It is kind of funny and something that makes you smile in the end. So they should make him have a appearance in a couple of vs sentai movies.

And the evil ShinkenRed looks cool with his black outfit and gloves.
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

takenoko wrote:For their birthdays they give ShinkenBlue and GoseiYellow cakes that are shaped like their masks (Think the date said October 1). Guess she's 21 and he's 23.
Moune was trying to prove that she was an adult during the series (how many times was she told she was just a kid?)... so I think she's no older than 19 (her actress Miki is older than Hamao, but Moune is younger than Agri).
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Did anyone notice a weird flash right before the Shinkenger combined their techniques with the Goseiger?
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
bobgoesw00t
Boyz boyz boyz
Favorite series: Survivor
2nd Favorite Series: AFV
Dreamy: Hikari Netto/Kyouhei
Favorite Actor?: Milla Jovovich
Favorite Band: I have too many atm
My boom: Greyskyshippinh
Quote: Squadala, we're off!!!!!

Post by bobgoesw00t »

how funny is this, I just finished watching it subbed by some unknown person/group yesterday and today I look on the front page to find out you guys finished it pretty fast. CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH IT...AGAIN...BUT WITH BETTER AND MORE ACCURATE SUBS xD, I think this is my favorite VS. sentai team-up yet, either this of Shinkenger vs. Go-Onger, that was another good one IMO. Back to this movie, my favorite parts would have to be (just in some random order)

1. When Genta and GoseiKnight were fighting the bomber gedoshu (hoping I spelled that right) and GoseiKnight got the final blow and Genta was like, "YOU TOOK MY KILLS, YOU KILL STEALER!"

2. When Takeru and Alata arrived at the observatory and the Kuroku where already there setting up Takeru's "throne" and he's like, "WHAT THE HECK, STOP IT YOU GUYS!" and then he takes the pillow that was on the "throne", puts it on the couch and then sits on the pillow...I have NO IDEA why I find the sitting on the pillow part funny...

3. When the Genta and GoseiKnight combined their powers together and everyone was like WHAT THE-, what just happened. I was like THAT WAS COOL.

4. When the other Goseigers and the Shinkenger were trying to get the timing right in combining their powers, I thought it was epic.

and lastly 5. when GeoseiGreat, Hyper Datas, GoseiGround and all of the headers (well, most of them I think), combined and they made yet another vs. exclusive cluster-fuck mecha at the end to kill what his face (the guy who had like...9,000 different forms it seems like xD). Also considering his dying words, i think he might come back in the Gokaiger team-up movie, even if it's gonna be Gokaiger vs. Super Sentai and not Gokaiger vs. Goseiger.[/spoiler]

Ok, I'm done talking now, gonna try to download the movie...again...and maybe play some Crysis 2.
Last edited by takenoko on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No need for unnecessary spoiler tags
DERP DER HERPITY DERP
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't know why people bother to mention watching raws or other group stuff. It's hardly a compliment to know that you couldn't wait for our subs and the diss toward other groups is unnecessary. It just comes off as tacky and insulting to all parties alike
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Kinda confused. Is it supposed to be before or after the end of Goseiger? I guess it could work either after the Yumajuu arc or after the end of the series...

The Gokaigers used even the other sentai finishers, which they didn't do in the series yet. It was a nice introduction fight. And an ok end for Shitari.

The red x red fight was nice. I hope they keep doing it from now on. Like Shinken vs Go-On, it focused a lot more on the reds, which is good.

The plot was ok. Buredo tricking people (and using a Genki Dama) as usual and trying to destroy the gosei world this time.

I expected more of the combined techniques. And while the fights were far better than Goseiger's, it still wasn't on Shinken level. I liked how Datas and Dai Goyou showed up in the giant fight.

But that part in which DaiKaiOh is defeated just to leave the stage for the Goseigers was lame. Ground Hyper GoseiGreat was something that should've happened in the series. But it was a lame mecha.

I didn`t like how they made Ryu and Chiaki look like jerks and how they made the Shinkengers too weak willed and they hesitated too much. They aren`t like that, though that was probably hte only thing they could do in order to make Alata's optimism and personality work...

Thankfuly, they didn`t forget Kaoru. And that card that made all Shinkengers super was sweet.

It was a bit strange to see Takeru wipe the floor with all the other rangers and then have trouble with Buredo...

It was fun, but I hoped for more Shinkenger awesomenss. I know it was Goseiger's movie, but even so...
leron9999
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Nana Yanagisawa
Favorite Actor?: Tori Matsuzaka
Favorite Band: E.S. Posthumus
My boom: Drawing
Quote: You make the best of a bad situation by learning from it.

Post by leron9999 »

They sure didn't waste any time with the plot. Barely 10 minutes in and they already established a lot of things.
Saisho ni itte oku... Ore wa, kanari tsuyoi!
http://leron9999.deviantart.com/
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

Great movie, some timeline shenanigans, but hey, we could always blame it on Den-O or believe the 5 travelled back in time using the Timeranger powers...

The placing seems to be firmly between the Yuumaju and the Matorintis arcs, based on Alata's comments and the clones Buredoran used to aid him.

I really loved seeing the Shinkenger again, but like some said, they were acting a bit off. Well, I'll just chalk it up as a year having passed which allowed them to sorta become themselves again.

Shitari's involvement in the plot felt like an afterthought to. Like they realized at first, oh, he's still alive and added him in the Sanzu river parts. Only to realize later, oh, he's still alive, again, and gave him a mediocre ending.

The Super Cards were just silly, in a good way, but also proved how different in design the Shinkenger's supermode was. One character donning it works. Having them all don it just shows how different it looks from a traditional supermode.

In conclusion, I'm sad this is the end of most things Shinkenger. Maybe some cameo in Gokaiger, but still, it wouldn't be the same.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
ramza81
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by ramza81 »

This show reminds me how much I miss Shinkenger. And some funny stuff I found in the movie

Seems like Takeru grows old, has white hair sticking up.

You can see camera from her helmet.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

I think this is now my favorite non-anniversary team up.
Personally it feels like they've been getting better since I started watching Super Sentai.
(The first special I watched being Geki vs Bouken)

Only thing I didn't like was GoseiKnight just standing there awkwardly during the transformation and roll call.
He should have shown up a little later then he did as the groundion header and transformed.

Buredoran(or whatever he feels like calling himself) has enough forms now to start his own sentai.
Which one would be the leader...
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
leron9999
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Nana Yanagisawa
Favorite Actor?: Tori Matsuzaka
Favorite Band: E.S. Posthumus
My boom: Drawing
Quote: You make the best of a bad situation by learning from it.

Post by leron9999 »

I just noticed... Shitari didn't go into his second life. Huh. Plot hole. Also, Black Super ShinkenRed was pretty badass. He can plow through both teams with little effort.
Saisho ni itte oku... Ore wa, kanari tsuyoi!
http://leron9999.deviantart.com/
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by windfall »

After watching this vs and then rewatching previous vs movies, I'm glad that they were able to give just about everyone a decent amount of screentime and lines.

As for Takeru, I'm glad to see that he's appears to have kept this softer more amicable personality from the end of Shinkenger.

One thing that I really enjoy about the vs movies is the opportunity to show the two teams combining powers and do something that neither team is able to do on their own. By this, I mean things like combining tensou techniques and mojikara together and not something like a challenge or obstacle that simply requires two parties to use their respective powers at different times. It really makes me wonder what certain combinations of teams could accomplish if they came together.
leron9999 wrote:I just noticed... Shitari didn't go into his second life. Huh. Plot hole. Also, Black Super ShinkenRed was pretty badass. He can plow through both teams with little effort.
Not having a second life keeps in line with what happened in the last few episodes of Shinkenger.

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”