Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

TimeRanger Case File 04 released

Post by takenoko »

A Shion episode. Just a bit of trivia, the way they spell his alien race habaado-seijin ハバード星人 is how the Japanese would spell Hubbard in Japanese. As in L Ron Hubbard. Obviously, Shion's planet blew up because of scientologists.

The Sentai episodes where the kids are the victims are always so weird. At least the criminal in this episode was so goofy and weird that it wasn't as creepy as it could have been.

And in case you missed it, Tomorrow Research = T.R. = Time Ranger
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: TimeRanger 04 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

I guess Zyu is all weird then if that's the case. Yes, let's follow the guy in the black coat and sunglasses because he has a new game or toy.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Zyu? Wierd? Dinosaur tribe obaying the will of mystical dino gods that form a giant robot to kill a witch on the moon? Don't mind me, I'm just sad someone bet me to the ZyuRanger joke.

I like that exchange about the hair at the end. Classic reversal.

Also, the one thing I miss about the older series was that the combined weapon would sometimes finish the monster and that would be it, no growing. The newer seasons get around this by having the weapon kill the monster and then they get revived and grow giant. This thing with TimeRanger and trying to freeze them and then them ripping off the seal to grow big kind of makes the whole thing moot, will they actually freeze anyone with the cannon?
Skull Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Other rider series
Favorite Band: Maximum The Hormone
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Funya~

Post by Skull Rider »

Okay, I must admit, I kinda enjoy the series minus the OP and ED theme song. I think this is my 2nd post for the series. I remember someone has mentioned about switching between Beta and Alpha formation on previous episode thread if I'm not mistaken, and I kinda dislikes the switching trends. Hope we will get a better action/usage of Beta formation instead of just being a gimmick for the Alpha.
Catastrophe wrote: Also, the one thing I miss about the older series was that the combined weapon would sometimes finish the monster and that would be it, no growing. The newer seasons get around this by having the weapon kill the monster and then they get revived and grow giant. This thing with TimeRanger and trying to freeze them and then them ripping off the seal to grow big kind of makes the whole thing moot, will they actually freeze anyone with the cannon?
Now, this is a very good point. An episode or two with full of action without a giant mecha fight won't hurt at all. At least they can prove that the combined weapon really useful in this series instead of just being a filler/package for a sentai series to have a combined weapon. Come to think of it, Gokaiger has quite different for the finisher. Dunno about the rest sentai series, never watch 'em but will do it later.

BTW, love the dinosaur 'OMG! What the heck?!' reaction, LOL at it. And thanks Tv-Nihon for the episodes.
Completed : V3, Amazon, Black, Black RX, ZX, Shin, J, ZO, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Guys, not to complain about the episode or anything, but when Shion attacks, the name of the attack is Beat Nine, not Big Nine.
You might not want to fix this but I thought I should mention it here anyway.
Behold the Emperor!
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

This episode kind of intervene with the Gokaiger episode of Jealousshitto.

"From other planet, we are alien towards them too."

*Guess this is what Time Force is based of. Love the Shion hair jokes.
NeoStorm

Post by NeoStorm »

takenoko wrote:A Shion episode. Just a bit of trivia, the way they spell his alien race habaado-seijin ハバード星人 is how the Japanese would spell Hubbard in Japanese. As in L Ron Hubbard. Obviously, Shion's planet blew up because of scientologists.

The Sentai episodes where the kids are the victims are always so weird. At least the criminal in this episode was so goofy and weird that it wasn't as creepy as it could have been.

And in case you missed it, Tomorrow Research = T.R. = Time Ranger
I must agree, damn pedo kaijins... But at least it's not as bad, which is good. Overall, liked this ep and i hope TimeRanger gets better. Now the question is..what to do about GoGoV on my end.
Nova
7X

Post by Nova »

Thank you for subbing yet again another TimeRanger episode!
I really like watching these old sentai :)
remolay
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Go-Busters
Dreamy: Wizard's Costume
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: Queen
My boom: Babylon 5
Quote: There's a hole in my neighborhood down which of late I cannot help but fall.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by remolay »

takenoko wrote: The Sentai episodes where the kids are the victims are always so weird. At least the criminal in this episode was so goofy and weird that it wasn't as creepy as it could have been.
I wish I could agree here. This episode scared the crap out of me. The ending was nice though, It's taught me that Schion is going to be my favorite character in this series.

Anything involving kidnapping scares me to death. It's part of the reason I can't watch crime shows. I can't watch parts of some movies because of it. There are entire movies of it exist. I almost couldn't watch this episode. I would have stopped if I wasn't sure they were going to kick this things ass.
Well I guess I'm not a pirate anymore now that img limits exist.

Help I can't help finding every yellow ranger cute
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

Kinda sounds like you have some experience with it!?
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
remolay
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Go-Busters
Dreamy: Wizard's Costume
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: Queen
My boom: Babylon 5
Quote: There's a hole in my neighborhood down which of late I cannot help but fall.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by remolay »

Nope. I just have anxiety.
Well I guess I'm not a pirate anymore now that img limits exist.

Help I can't help finding every yellow ranger cute
Kaijumaster

Post by Kaijumaster »

Saw a front page asking for Timeranger images, not sure where the correct place to put them is.

njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Re: TimeRanger Case File 04 released

Post by njb »

I found a spelling error in 22:04 in the latest version (v3)

In 22:04, "dying" should have been "dyeing": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyeing
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One

Return to “Sentai-Mirai Sentai TimeRanger”