Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Kuuga
Dreamy: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Actor?: Steve Blum
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Neutral

Re: Ratings Poll: Mirai Sentai TimeRanger

Post by Des_Shinta »

Hopefully when Shout factory releases the series in 2019 (if they get to it, since Gingaman's been announced there's good Odds), they'll take the time to Clean it up. Not sure if they've been getting the masters for them, or just some version of a prior DVD release. Someone will probably ask Brian Ward.

4 From me; there's a few scattered dumb episodes and I'm disdainful towards the 'fate is unchangeable' thing in a series where time has literally been rewritten and thus is in Direct contradiction to that assertion, but I'm not really willing to fault it further as what it's good at more than makes up for it.

Though the less said about Kobayashi's poor recycling of things she did here and Toei's overuse of the time travel story device badly following this, the better.
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

Spiegel wrote:Great series but the picture quality is a bit lacking sadly. I've heard rumors that Toei doesn't have good master tapes anymore. No idea if that's true but it would explain why the DVD footage looks the way it does-
I don't know what the story is, but I THINK the problem is... I don't know, however they made the final masters. I know Kuuga got put on bad analog masters and the 1st DVDs were taken from those. I know Kuuga ran alongside Timeranger so that might be Timeranger's problem.

All I know is that Kuuga and the Sentai V-Cinema set makes a better looking Timeranger transfer possible unless there's something we don't know. Even if it's upscaled from SD video instead of a film scan, it should look better.
Spiegel wrote:
takenoko wrote:Gundam Spiegel????
I actually picked it because of Spike Spiegel, I had no idea there's a Gundam Spiegel. :shock:

Looks like GoGo V was released in 2003. I dunno. I didn't have GoGo V, but I did have Agito and Kuuga and I thought those were kind of bad too. That's why I associate everything before 2005/2006 from Toei to be inconsistent.
It's not like I know for sure, but I don't remember such blatant flaws from GoGo Five, maybe different people worked on the Timeranger DVDs? Whatever the reason is, it's a shame Timeranger looks like it does. If they ever do a rerelease I'll be there day one, the box set I got from Japan is one of my most beloved dvd sets but I'd still double dip. I was still in university when I got it and looking at it objectively it was way too expensive, I really had to cut corners to get it but I never regretted it.

Yes, I'm shamelessly showing of my set but I really really love Timeranger and that I can finally watch the entire series subbed is my personal highlight of the year. Thank you SO MUCH for doing this. :D
Don't be ashamed. Took me over a year to get all the Shinkenger blu-ray. That's why fansubbers like TV-Nihon are awesome.

Watching this when I finish my current series :)
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

Not a bad series despite the many revamps is subbing. I've always had a few issues with this series because of when it came out because it made other Sentais seem like jokes. How is that none of the rangers knew about any of the previous generations? One thousand years of history and they don't expect to run into any other heroes if things get out of hand.

A few words are a little off, but they don't affect the story. It's supposed to be Vector Harley or Hurley and not Hurry. The owl is referred to as Tac and not Tock, although it's a nice play on time, on other databases.

I'm having trouble downloading the series for some reason. I've gotten to episode 19 and the peers and seeders are gone. Is there anyone else out there?
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Hoshinger wrote:It's supposed to be Vector Harley or Hurley and not Hurry.
We actually had this discussion amongst the staff. The result was, there's no official evidence that I / we know of (i.e. Toei website, any English spelling in a mook, etc.) to say it's Harley or Hurley. All we had to go on was the katakana, which from what I understood, is the way they spell the word "hurry."
While I initially thought it was referencing a scientist by the name of Harley or Hurley, any research I did led to scientists that I felt were perhaps too obscure / not famous enough for a Japanese exec / script writer to have known of (unless they were trawling the internet for names). One of the points in the discussion was the motion they make during the attack itself, in which they seem to fling the vector towards the monster. Unfortunately I believe that can lend itself to both "hurry" (to 'hurry towards the monster') and "hurley" (to 'hurl towards the monster') so I dropped it.
In the end, its the project lead's / translator's final say and xiiliea said "Hurry" so that's that. Translating into English a word that was likely foreign to begin with and then partially butchered by Japanese phonetics is difficult, so it's not a hill worth dying on.
Hoshinger wrote:The owl is referred to as Tac and not Tock, although it's a nice play on time, on other databases.
If you're referring to the Sentai/PR wikia, they're all fan-run and -written. Using their spelling for anything, especially on something that has never been completely (and accurately?) subbed before I think is a grave mistake. For this, I think there's no grey area. His name is surely Tock, for the time pun. This I have no doubt a Japanese exec would know.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

Hoshinger wrote:A few words are a little off, but they don't affect the story. It's supposed to be Vector Harley or Hurley and not Hurry. The owl is referred to as Tac and not Tock, although it's a nice play on time, on other databases.
Harley doesn't make sense. It doesn't mean anything and sounds like someone is a fan of Batman.

http://jisho.org/search/tock
Chikutaku = tick-tock
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Hoshinger »

I'm still having trouble downloading. Is there a DDL somewhere?
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Hoshinger wrote:Is there a DDL somewhere?
As of now, there's no DL links available. It's always on the torrent tracker.

And by the way, I just downloaded the torrents and it looks fine on my end (with 24 seeds and 18 peers present as of this post). So, maybe it's a problem with your torrent software?

Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Hoshinger »

Yeah there is a problem with the software. Other torrents work, but if I have two computers next to each other doing Timeranger, only one will even find peers. I use Torch and Utorrent on both computers and only on one works with Timeranger. Thanks for the reply.
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Hoshinger »

I'll admit that Timeranger is good, but I liked Time Force better because of Ransik. He had a valid reason for hating society and he brought together a lot of villains together who shared his ideas.

I do find the weird idea of maintaining time to be foolish because the moment you can travel freely through time and space, everything changes. For the Osiris Syndrome, I'd tell people about it now so that there is more research in the prevention and treatment of the disease. Also how did no one in the year 3000 not remember any of the Super Sentai because that affected time a lot and would lead to a better breed of Rangers later. You would think that everyone would've acknowledged that GoGoV did a got job with the tech and would've made for a good alibi to where the Timerangers came from.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Hoshinger wrote:I'll admit that Timeranger is good, but I liked Time Force better because of Ransik. He had a valid reason for hating society and he brought together a lot of villains together who shared his ideas.

I do find the weird idea of maintaining time to be foolish because the moment you can travel freely through time and space, everything changes. For the Osiris Syndrome, I'd tell people about it now so that there is more research in the prevention and treatment of the disease. Also how did no one in the year 3000 not remember any of the Super Sentai because that affected time a lot and would lead to a better breed of Rangers later. You would think that everyone would've acknowledged that GoGoV did a got job with the tech and would've made for a good alibi to where the Timerangers came from.
I like Don Dornero just because he was a mob boss. He didn't want to rule the world or plunge it into the darkness but just be crazy rich.

Also the GoGoV teamup and that Super Sentai recap episode aren't canon within the actual series. So there wasn't any other Sentai except for the TimeRangers.
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Hoshinger »

I got the torrent to work and is there two versions of episode 33? I was binging and noticed a v2 in the files. The v2 worked but the other didn't. What's the difference? The v2 has a tag of 088FC11 and the other version has 236B1A75.

I know this is unrelated, but does anyone know where to find the original Kamen Rider Amazon series. The first Kamen Rider series is out and I wanted to see the series that was the shortest.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray

Post by xiiliea »

Hoshinger wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:15 pm I got the torrent to work and is there two versions of episode 33? I was binging and noticed a v2 in the files. The v2 worked but the other didn't. What's the difference? The v2 has a tag of 088FC11 and the other version has 236B1A75.
I think I fixed a minor mistake with 33. The old version might be because you downloaded the v1 halfway with an old torrent?
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Hoshinger »

xiiliea wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:55 pm
Hoshinger wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:15 pm I got the torrent to work and is there two versions of episode 33? I was binging and noticed a v2 in the files. The v2 worked but the other didn't. What's the difference? The v2 has a tag of 088FC11 and the other version has 236B1A75.
I think I fixed a minor mistake with 33. The old version might be because you downloaded the v1 halfway with an old torrent?
I used the batch torrent that was available and no other files were previously downloaded.
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Hoshinger »

Phoenix512 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:32 am
Hoshinger wrote:I'll admit that Timeranger is good, but I liked Time Force better because of Ransik. He had a valid reason for hating society and he brought together a lot of villains together who shared his ideas.

I like Don Dornero just because he was a mob boss. He didn't want to rule the world or plunge it into the darkness but just be crazy rich.

Also the GoGoV teamup and that Super Sentai recap episode aren't canon within the actual series. So there wasn't any other Sentai except for the TimeRangers.
Ransik was still cool and his temper would have appeased Gien. I also found Wes' father to be better because he didn't force destiny on his son. Wes seemed happy to follow in his father's steps in some small capacity, but Mr. Asami was just an angry stereotype. If the Asami Group was rolling in money, why weren't there more heirs?

As for GoGoV not being canon, that's a bunch of rubbish because of the crossovers with the previous Sentai linking them together. If this was something overlooked at the time, that's decent, but it's hard to ignore if a past Ranger was in the bsckground.

Return to “Sentai-Mirai Sentai TimeRanger”