Forum rules

Wiki Link

< MegaRanger | TimeRanger | DekaRanger >
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Re: TimeRanger 01 released

Post by Silentwolfdog »

FangTrigger wrote: because, and maybe this is just my way of thinking, but I never really thought about a deaf person that watched fansubbed things. I mean, as someone that can hear (not trying to take any digs at your condition) I get annoyed when I only see something but can't hear it. But I guess since you've grown up with it, you can deal.
A lot of deaf people watch fansubbed shows...probably because of subtitles lol. (Although, I dunno why deaf people don't really visit forum or anything like that.)

I think it really depends on situation and each deaf person... it's not matter of whether we can deal with it or not. We really don't have any choice in this matter. Often I don't really like seeing something and not be able to hear it, (it's a frustrating lifestyle for me...) but it's just fact I got to live with. Other deaf person you meet may not care too much about this.

That's why I am grateful that TVN decided to sub spoken English...so I don't miss it out.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Man, talk about being insensitive, Fangtrigger. Better hope you don't get a disability, or you'll have to learn the hard way that maybe "just dealing with it" isn't really enough.

There's a good reason to sub the English in a Japanese show. If it's a part of the dialogue, it's a matter of being consistent and subbing everything. It'd be weird if some dialogue were subbed and some weren't.

Plus, while most people who watch our shows know English, that's not guarantee that they are primary English users. We have fans from around the world, and it's probably a boon to them to be able to see the English written out. I'm a primary English person and I tend to watch movies with the subtitles on, because I'm not very good at catching audio dialogue.

But really, "You can deal" is kind of a dickish thing to say to a person. Come on. You can deal with the English being subbed. It's not that big a deal when it helps others who really have no other means of understanding it.
novem15er
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
Dreamy: Koyomi
Favorite Actor?: Ray Fujita
Favorite Band: X Japan, SOPHIA
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Imaginary Stories
Quote: "I am... the Oncoming Storm, the Destroyer of Worlds, the Lonely God, the Predator..."

Post by novem15er »

Cool, thanks for sharing Timeranger again, guys. This is the first time that I watched the series itself. I never liked it back then because of the suits but now, with this story line and characters, I'm starting to like it.

looking forward to the next episodes :D

Return to “Sentai-Mirai Sentai TimeRanger”