< Kuuga | Agito | Ryuki >
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector

Agito 19 released

Post by takenoko »

The conclusion of this two-parter. Thank you for your performance, Kintaros-kun!

But yeah, I really loved this story. It reflected the cruelty of reality. It's really just classical Greek tragic in many ways. You have good men trying their best, and as a result of their actions, they bring misery upon themselves. It really stands out as one of the best writing in Kamen Rider history. That said, the ending with Tsukasa saying the cruelest thing possible to Houjou, and then immediately regretting it and acknowledging, "Hey, you're a pretty good cop. You did the right thing" sort of seemed like a hopeful ending. The guy committed an act of sin, and takes responsibility for it (with a little encouragement from Houjou).

That said, how many people wouldn't have done what Tsukasa did? Such a good episode.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: Agito 19 released

Post by ReversedSentai »

This is a really good episode. The whole thing where Honjou was able to see through Tsukasa's lie gives the idea that as the disciple, he has succeeded his teacher in a way. The moment where Tsukasa said that it was a mistake for him to save Honjou, but then immediately saving the inverse, while tearing, that he truly made the right choice by saving the life of a talented cop really made me feel a bit emotional on the inside.

Even though Tsukasa's action was totally understandable with him trying to avenge his sister, a murder is still a murder, even if Hanamura wasn't the culprit. For him to take responsibility for that crime definitely displays his sense of justice.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Even Houjou has his limits. He could easily ignore Tsukasa's crime and let the G3 unit to be reorganized under his direction but he didn't. He's still a jerk but I don't think he would want to use an innocent life to achieve his goal.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

One of the only few episodes where Hojou does something that's not utterly retarded or dipshitty.

Not enough to redeem him, but I respect that he did the right thing. This time.
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

Bad Agito, Bad Agito!, don´t you dare and try to make Hojou kind-of-likeable again!!

Just Kidding Hojou, you know we love you.

I really cracked up when Hojou and Tsukasa were bad mouting the G3 Unit and Hikawa only got mad when they called Clumsy, seriously, this has to be one of my favorite recurrent jokes ever.

Also, this gills arc is taking its sweeeet time to get going.

Return to “Kamen Rider Agito”