Wiki
Next >

The perfect machine.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: KR Agito 24 released

Post by Catastrophe »

I was half expecting him to throw away the gun and start grappling the Unknown. I guess he has to stick in Rider character though.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

And yet again Houjou continues to be humiliated. Either he loses his precious V1 system to G3-X, or he loses it to Hikawa.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Just wanted to pop in and say how much I'm enjoying this series. I like how even when the episodes aren't pushing toward the main plot, it still feels very relevant and not just pointless filler.

In this latest one I got a big chuckle out of the moment I thought Shouichi was going to cause Hikawa to have a brain explosion by clarifying he was Agito but no. ;) I also enjoyed how clearly it illustrated how driven and impatient Hikawa is and how he just Does Not Get That He Is That Way even after causing mess after mess.
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

I know, one shouldn't apply common sense here, but this was really absurd.

I just findd idiotic how giving special police equipment and a HUGE MACHINEGUN to a civilian was slipped under the door.
Either Hikawa has gone crazy, or the story writer did.

Until this moment everyone in the G3/V1/Police was under exams, tests, having to report any details and taking responsability.
It made sense.

Then, with the only reason being "the genius engineer said it could be good" a police detective gives weapons to a random guy, without any training at all, and sends him into a real battle situation.
The same weapons that caused him extreme physical stress and flipped his berserker switch.

Talking of nonsense: would it hurt their brain cells to just _speak_ during battle scenes?
A threat? A declaration of "why I'm going to kick your face"?

You know, like the Unknowns are doing every single time...
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Hikawa has never been one who thinks about what he's doing.
psychogoatee
Infinity
Favorite series: 555
Dreamy: Cutie Honey
Favorite Band: Elvenking
My boom: Metal Gear

Post by psychogoatee »

Thanks for the subbin', very appreciated. I'm just getting around to hopping onto Agito now, I dig.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

psychogoatee wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:02 am Thanks for the subbin', very appreciated. I'm just getting around to hopping onto Agito now, I dig.
This was the first KR series I ever finished and remains my favourite. One thing you might want to do, however, is to go watch Kuuga, as this show is an indirect sequel (mainly revolving around the creartion of the G3 division and Hikawa's return).

The ongoing rivalry between Hikawa and Shoichi runs much deeper than two men trying to compete, and I think the battles from last episode and this one are a perfect example of this. Agito was, after all, the first KR series to represent all three types of Rider: cyborg (Showa Era), mutant (Black RX and Shin Kamen Rider), and mystical (J and Kuuga). I think a lot of older fans struggled with the fact that the Riders were no longer cyborgs fighting against an evil organisation (which always turned out to be Shocker), and while Kuuga was a very positive step forward, there needed to be a bridge. So Hikawa took the place of the Showa Riders as the tech-based G3/G3-X and exists in an uneasy alliance with Agito, illustrating how older fans were in conflict with the new direction of Kamen Rider. Of course, Gills is greatly underused in this episode, as in most of the series, showing how mutant Riders are - as a whole - barely used.

But subtexts aside...

What gets me in this episode is that I can actually understand Hikawa's actions. He was Kuuga's closest ally and kept Godai's identity a secret, presumably taking it to his grave. I think he sensed all along that Shoichi was similar to Godai, but that he put it down to their personalities. And that's what pushes him into giving Shoichi the G3-X. Sure, heads should roll for him giving military-grade tech to a civilian, but for all his flaws, Hikawa does have good instincts when he listens to them. And it makes for some great comedy with having a Kamen Rider becoming another Kamen Rider. Also, I think Hikawa's involvement with Kuuga may be granting him a little leeway with the top brass, even if nobody talks about it (in fact, Hikawa seems to have a habit of being the hero in events nobody's allowed to talk about).
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I hate to tell you this but Hikawa was never in Kuuga. You're thinking of Ichijou Kaoru who was in Kuuga. It's a cool narrative that you made there but Hikawa was never in Kuuga so it's not canon.

Return to “Kamen Rider Agito”