Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Agito the Movie: Project G4 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Ride ... Project_G4

I hadn't seen this in a while, but this really is one of my favorite Heisei Rider movies. I don't know if it fits perfectly in continuity with the TV series, but it has all the right elements. It's a side story that could have taken place alongside with the TV series, while giving us a sneak peak at some of the forms that don't show up for a bit.

In short, none of that super lazy alternate universe stuff to avoid continuity errors.

While working on it, it's rather surprising how much time passes by. The initial incident at the beginning. Then we go to a month later with homeless Rei/Sayaka and Risa stealing the G4 plans.

Then we flash forward to two months after that. Rei and Sayaka have been apart for a super long time now. The G4 has been built.

Assuming the movie starts at the same time it was in theaters, (around episodes 32-33) that means this story spans at least three months and could occur as late as 12 episodes from now (episodes 44-45). So Gills really shouldn't be having transformation problems anymore. Other than that, I think all the other facts check out?

"Fight as Hikawa Makoto!"
Ozawa... that's a bad time to troll your subordinate.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Agito the Movie: Project G4 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

This is my first time seeing the movie and felt it was a very good movie as well. They did the movement of time very well like the G3 team wearing their long sleeve uniforms and Mana wearing her fall/winter school uniform.

Poor Omuro, a beautiful girl pays attention to him only because she need his password to access Ozawa's files on G4. So Shouichi uses Kongouji when addressing Omuro as well. I forgot about Shouichi using that name on Hikawa in the beginning. I like Ozawa gets praise for being a genius by her professors but they hated everything else about her.

The thing I don't get is how Fukami is able to get the G4 Project running with every equipper ends up dying. She also kidnaps Mana who actually has a family unlike Sayaka and Rei who were orphans. It's one thing to kidnap orphans since no one will come calling if they turn up missing, it's another thing to kidnap a person who has people who care if they turn up missing. Fukami is definitely the dark side of Ozawa who doesn't care about the human side of the equation and only the results. I kinda wish Ozawa would give the background of the G4 system as it would fill some blanks about it.

Oh Gills, you get an arm ripped off by the Queen Ant. I guess being on the verge of death does awaken a new power for both Shouichi and Gills. The final fight between G4 and G3-X is something I wish more KR fights would do is have their helmet damaged and or gone. I probably want to see more battle damage of the suits.

I really like the cameo that the original Kamen Rider did. He had the appearance of being larger than life and just towering over everyone. I like his interaction with Shouichi and Hikawa as sort of nods to being Kamen Riders.
Miyagishin
Humongous
Favorite series: Den-O
My boom: Suit Actors!
Quote: To overcome the intelligent by folly is contrary to the natural order of things; to overcome the foolish by intelligence is in accord with the natural order. To overcome the intelligent by intelligence, however, is a matter of opportunity.
--Zhuge Liang

Post by Miyagishin »

First time seeing this movie and I really enjoyed it. The timeline of this movie is nothing that would ruin the continuity, maybe just spoil Agito's new transformation. The storyline was exciting, It did a good job of pulling me in. I actually felt sad for those kids, and I like how the movie developed their characters by having them go off on their own. Fukami was extremely evil, I really was not expecting it. I love how she had that Captain Rhodes type of death! You can hear the Kaijin nibbling on her.
Phoenix512 wrote:The final fight between G4 and G3-X is something I wish more KR fights would do is have their helmet damaged and or gone. I probably want to see more battle damage of the suits.
I agree 100%!!! Actually I can't remember a Kamen Rider that has battle damage of suits like this?
The final scene for gills, and special effects for everything were awesome, and slightly horrifying. Even the arm getting cut off was grotesque.
Spoiler
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Okay, it's very cool looking. But what did Ozawa think was going to happen when Makoto took off his helmet, besides get a fist-full of G4's punch? She had no way of knowing that Mizuki would just die on his own.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

This is my favorite Kamen Rider movie yet. It is just so realistic, it feels like it could actually be happening in real life.

The tension and difference in ideals between the police force and JSDF. Also deciphered in other Japanese media, JSDF is always looking to developing WMD stronger weapons even in the expense of others. Although both are for peace, the nature of an army is to kill (shoot first ask later), the nature of the police is to protect (ask first shoot later).

We didn't get an evil Rider out of nowhere just so they can fight each other. G4 is also developed by Ozawa (which is believable) and stolen by JSDF. Speaking of that, Ozawa should set up better security than simply a password that is known to Omuro. You know, Omuro is, well...

The contrast between G3 and G4, life and death, human and machine, is nicely done. G3 is a system that will look after its user, its role is to protect, not kill. G4 is a system that will kill its user eventually, and even then will continue to move on its own even after its user has died within. Which makes the scene when Hikawa takes off his helmet all the more powerful. He's a human fighting, not a machine.
takenoko wrote:Okay, it's very cool looking. But what did Ozawa think was going to happen when Makoto took off his helmet, besides get a fist-full of G4's punch? She had no way of knowing that Mizuki would just die on his own.
It's the mindset of stop relying on the G3 system and fight with your instincts
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

So I was doing the adjustments of the script for the TC version and noticed a couple things. They really cut out the yakiniku scenes and any mention of it in the entire movie. These guys don't get a break of these scenes in movies. They got screwed in Episode Final as well. I was a bit surprised that they didn't cut out Mana's vision of the future at the very end. They cut part of it though.

The one thing I still didn't get was who was responsible for the ESP game. It's a bit weird that this game manages to profile potential targets for the Unknown and gets ignored once G4 appears. I think it would have been interesting if they expand on this and could have done something with it.

Also check out the wiki for more differences between the TC and DC. This is a real DC not your current DC versions these days with barely noticeable differences.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I always assumed the ESP games were being distributed by Fukami to find candidates for her machine.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Shouldn't this have been released after the TV special really? Because there's some stuff in the special which basically confirms it comes before this movie.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

It was a staff decision to save this for the anniversary.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

HowlingSnail wrote:Shouldn't this have been released after the TV special really? Because there's some stuff in the special which basically confirms it comes before this movie.
Think about it this way, imagine the Japanese who watched it when it first came out after episode 33. This movie started the trend of revealing upgrades before the TV series comes out.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

AGITO MORE AGITO MORE.... I want MORE... can't wait anyMORE... DC version was MORE better and maturity plot than TC... I was looking out Japan this movie DC in Blu-Ray but what I found only TC. So disappointed and despair :( for me out there.. makes me bought Medicom RAH figurine of DarkKabuto and SHF Agito Burning Form instead to cheer myself back :lol: So thanks to you guys for this released.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Phoenix512 wrote:This movie started the trend of revealing upgrades before the TV series comes out.
I think that might have been Skyrider, actually.
KAISER
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Supernatural
Dreamy: Tifa Lockheart
Favorite Actor?: Odagiri Jo
Favorite Band: Asian Kung-Fu Gen
My boom: Hacking stuff

Post by KAISER »

The MPD Comissioner is the real Takeshi "The First" Hongo!!!
StagBeetle
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Agito
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider BLACK
Dreamy: Kazashiro Miu
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: everything...

Post by StagBeetle »

I freaking love this movie. It's one of the first KR DVD VCD I ever bought, albeit the theatrical version and horribly dubbed.

The DC feels much more complete, IMO. There were things that happened in the TC that felt awkward, because certain things were cut and it finally made sense in the DC, eg. the Yakiniku scene and how Omuro ended up drunk.
Yaiba wrote:This is my favorite Kamen Rider movie yet. It is just so realistic, it feels like it could actually be happening in real life.
This is basically my thought of the whole Agito series. Which is why it's my favourite.

Why can't current KR movies be like this anymore? It just adds more value to the overall story, because it's set in the same timeline and universe, unlike those AR shit.

BTW, I don't think Ryou's condition a continuity error. He looked surprised that it happens again, which he thought has been healed.
XerBlade
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Faiz
Dreamy: Tatsulot
Favorite Actor?: Ishida Akira
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Kamen Rider Meteorologist! I will decide your forecast!
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by XerBlade »

Miyagishin wrote:
Phoenix512 wrote:The final fight between G4 and G3-X is something I wish more KR fights would do is have their helmet damaged and or gone. I probably want to see more battle damage of the suits.
I agree 100%!!! Actually I can't remember a Kamen Rider that has battle damage of suits like this?
There was a similar thing with Otoya/IXA 1.0 in the Kiva movie. He ended up fighting in the climax alongside Kiva with no helmet.
Watching
Kamen Rider: Saber

Complete
Kamen Rider: All Black and later
Sentai: Shinkenger,Gokaiger,Magic Kaito VS Detective Conan
Garo: All

Return to “Kamen Rider Agito”