Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: KR 555, and Agito
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama
Favorite Actor?: Yuuki Sato
Favorite Band: M83
Quote: "My grandmother said "Justice is myself. I am justice." " - Tendo Souji

Agito is awesome!

Post by NEO Ness »

I just caught up to episode 46, and wow, I'm loving the series!

I'm sad to see that the last five episodes are not subbed yet (and the latest release was nearly a year ago :( )

Rather than spamming a "give me! give me!" post, I just want to say to everyone at TV Nihon how much I appreciate their hard work and eagerly look forward to new releases!

I know they're probably busy with the latest releases rather than old ones. There's something about the earlier Riders (2000 to 2008ish) that really makes me like them. I dunno what it is, probably the serious tone and the silly acting. But nevertheless I'm a happy fan who is wanting you guys to know how much I appreciate your hard work that you guys do!

Here's to more Kamen Rider in the future~! *Holds up glass*

(I hope this was the right thread to post this in, I didn't see any other thread other than a feedback thread).
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Agito is awesome!

Post by takenoko »

Huh, what timing. I just put the last episode into qc.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Agito is awesome. Definitely one of my personal top rider series.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Kuuga and Agito were really a great series. Agito follows after Kamen Rider Kuuga since they do mention unidentified forms at the very beginning of the show. But gradually that the new monsters were entirely different and gave them the name Unknowns.
NEO Ness
Gao

Post by NEO Ness »

I'm so glad this series wasn't forgotten! I was so worried that I'd come to the forums and there would be a message saying that you guys cancelled it! I'm glad I was wrong! Yay TV Nihon! :)

(I'm also glad to hear that the final episode is now in QC!!! which I think means Quality Check right?)
Zor

Post by Zor »

Agito is boss. The monsters cram people into holes in trees!!! Not only are there civilian casualties, but BRUTAL ones.

I see your list of favorites, and Faiz and Kabuto are also at the top of my list as well. I hear you about post 2008 series. Den-O was the first one that was more catered towards children rather than Young Adults. However, Den-O was still good all the way through. Decade was a great idea that never was culminated and ended properly.... but it ushered in the new era of Kamen Riders. Also, it allowed them to play with "reality" a little bit, and open up pathways to tie in the movies. Before decade, the movies really were one-offs that existed in their own pocket reality. Since Decade, they've rethought the movie structure and actually tie the movies to the show. They explain backstories and allow a slight plot deviation... but recently they've been really getting into the movies being parts of the series. They've found a much better way to market, make money, but also give you a lot of new content at the same time.

Previous to Den-O, merchandising was decent but not the money machine they've finally locked in to. Also, prior to Den-O, the shows were aimed at an older demographic. Some of the comedy is a little too goofy in the newer series... but they've finally gotten a good mix of campy with serious. It's part of what they were figuring out with the Sentai series, and between Kamen Rider and Super Sentai, they've finally figured it out. Some of the production teams also cross over ideas on how to represent characters, do visual effects and tell stories.

So, the new era takes a little bit to get into... because there are misses. Forze was a miss. W had possibilities, but never capitalized on them. But we've also gotten GREAT shows like Wizard, Gaim (which brings back Ryuki's setup with a good bit of Agito's "evolution of humanity" storyline and a touch of Faiz's mega-corporation / supertroopers mixed in... all after episode 15, but especially after 30!!!), Drive is good and Ghost is sooooooooooo Go-Go-Ghost!
NEO Ness
Gao

Post by NEO Ness »

Zor wrote:Agito is boss. The monsters cram people into holes in trees!!! Not only are there civilian casualties, but BRUTAL ones.

I see your list of favorites, and Faiz and Kabuto are also at the top of my list as well. I hear you about post 2008 series. Den-O was the first one that was more catered towards children rather than Young Adults. However, Den-O was still good all the way through. Decade was a great idea that never was culminated and ended properly.... but it ushered in the new era of Kamen Riders. Also, it allowed them to play with "reality" a little bit, and open up pathways to tie in the movies. Before decade, the movies really were one-offs that existed in their own pocket reality. Since Decade, they've rethought the movie structure and actually tie the movies to the show. They explain backstories and allow a slight plot deviation... but recently they've been really getting into the movies being parts of the series. They've found a much better way to market, make money, but also give you a lot of new content at the same time.

Previous to Den-O, merchandising was decent but not the money machine they've finally locked in to. Also, prior to Den-O, the shows were aimed at an older demographic. Some of the comedy is a little too goofy in the newer series... but they've finally gotten a good mix of campy with serious. It's part of what they were figuring out with the Sentai series, and between Kamen Rider and Super Sentai, they've finally figured it out. Some of the production teams also cross over ideas on how to represent characters, do visual effects and tell stories.

So, the new era takes a little bit to get into... because there are misses. Forze was a miss. W had possibilities, but never capitalized on them. But we've also gotten GREAT shows like Wizard, Gaim (which brings back Ryuki's setup with a good bit of Agito's "evolution of humanity" storyline and a touch of Faiz's mega-corporation / supertroopers mixed in... all after episode 15, but especially after 30!!!), Drive is good and Ghost is sooooooooooo Go-Go-Ghost!

I'm glad to see others interested in Kabuto. Wish it had a proper ending :( (A friend and I are working on a season 2 of Kabuto via Fan-Fiction-esque. Is there a place for that on this site?)

As for other series, I'll take your input into consideration for my next series. I watched the first few episodes of Drive and Ghost and didn't really feel anything. I might give Ghost another try, because I love his design.

After Agito I was going to watch either Ryuki, W, or Black/RX with Gaim as a possible fourth. I also just watched the first few episodes of Garo and I feel like I'm really going to get into it! I really enjoyed the American adaptation for Ryuki, I felt it was the best adaptation I've seen of a Tokusatsu show since Guyver Dark Hero (Not with accuracy, but in spirit. I haven't watched much Power Rangers, so I could be wrong). Also after a bit of persuasion a friend of mine got me to start watching Power Rangers in Space.

So that's:
-Finish Agito
-Watch Ryuki/W/Black and also watch PR in Space and Garo almost simultaneously.
-and then eventually finish Decade and watch Gaim.

That's a lot for me to watch :shock:

On top of books and video games I'm going to be pretty busy! :lol:
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Agito's my top favorite Rider. The casting and music were top-notch, the writing really tried to make the show feel "big", I could go on and on but I'm sure people would know what I mean.
Zor wrote:Before decade, the movies really were one-offs that existed in their own pocket reality. Since Decade, they've rethought the movie structure and actually tie the movies to the show.
Eh, Den-O's first movie tied itself to the main show for better or for worse, but you're right that it was a fast epidemic for the others.
Zor

Post by Zor »

NEO Ness wrote: I'm glad to see others interested in Kabuto. Wish it had a proper ending :( (A friend and I are working on a season 2 of Kabuto via Fan-Fiction-esque. Is there a place for that on this site?)

As for other series, I'll take your input into consideration for my next series. I watched the first few episodes of Drive and Ghost and didn't really feel anything. I might give Ghost another try, because I love his design.

After Agito I was going to watch either Ryuki, W, or Black/RX with Gaim as a possible fourth. I also just watched the first few episodes of Garo and I feel like I'm really going to get into it! I really enjoyed the American adaptation for Ryuki, I felt it was the best adaptation I've seen of a Tokusatsu show since Guyver Dark Hero (Not with accuracy, but in spirit. I haven't watched much Power Rangers, so I could be wrong). Also after a bit of persuasion a friend of mine got me to start watching Power Rangers in Space.

So that's:
-Finish Agito
-Watch Ryuki/W/Black and also watch PR in Space and Garo almost simultaneously.
-and then eventually finish Decade and watch Gaim.

That's a lot for me to watch :shock:

On top of books and video games I'm going to be pretty busy! :lol:
There's a fanfic section located here :viewforum.php?f=60 This forum is so sub-threaded, there's room for everything. Then, there's always the Random section!

Black/RX's great! I'd put Gaim before W... because I think W was a huge lost opportunity. They do 2-3 ep arcs... but they all resolve themselves and never are tragic (that I remember). Nothing like Rook's 3 ep arc in Kiva! And the movies aren't payoff enough.

Ghost IS awesome. Get to episode 5 and I think that's when Spectre shows up. Plus, you have to realize that the main character is DEAD. That's pretty epic. Plus, it's more of this classical Japanese spiritualism-ness... that was where Hibiki really shined (and where Shinkenger and Gaim really get their spirit from).

Power Rangers is Space is ok, but I think that Lost Galaxy is probably the "best" Power Rangers Series (aside from the first).

Garo is sick. Dark, made for midnight broadcast TV... and awesome, especially if you watch an ep a night at midnight.

Also, if you haven't looked into the sentai series Go-Busters.... you should. It's seriously Sci-fi, like how Gaim gets.
Zor

Post by Zor »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: Eh, Den-O's first movie tied itself to the main show for better or for worse, but you're right that it was a fast epidemic for the others.
LIKE!

+1
NEO Ness
Gao

Post by NEO Ness »

Zor wrote: Power Rangers is Space is ok, but I think that Lost Galaxy is probably the "best" Power Rangers Series (aside from the first).

Garo is sick. Dark, made for midnight broadcast TV... and awesome, especially if you watch an ep a night at midnight.

Also, if you haven't looked into the sentai series Go-Busters.... you should. It's seriously Sci-fi, like how Gaim gets.
Yeah I planned on going from In Space to Lost Galaxy. I love sci-fi stuff so I'll look into that Sentai series Go-Busters too!

Return to “Kamen Rider Agito”