Congratulations, you noticed something is different. Licensed before completion
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

ZyuRanger 11 Released

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's a battle for the magic lamp. Make sure those damn kids don't get it because they would wish for destruction of the world.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: ZyuRanger 11 Released

Post by ReversedSentai »

A magic lamp? Hurry, make a wish to quickly kill the bad guys. There. Series done.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

This episode bugs the hell out of me because almost the same scenario happened in Magiranger. But what kills me is that the Zyurangers don't take advantage of their newfound magic lamp by wishing to defeat Bandora. Now the Magirangers, they asked right away! Smokey couldn't do it of course, but they at least asked. We're given no such restrictions on this lamp and honestly it's a little sad that the only ones who take full advantage of the magic lamp are a bunch of little kids.

Zyurangers sure like spending a lot of time around kids.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

You children and your Power Rangers.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Dark Ren
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Heeeennnssshhhiiiiiiinnn...!!!

Post by Dark Ren »

Aaahh... an old sentai release. I kind of miss this. Thanks. anyway no hyperlink from main page to this thread, FYI
AstonWave007
Adventure

Post by AstonWave007 »

Yay. Zyuranger hasn't been completely abandoned! Hopefully we'll get some more out of the next batch.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Lunagel wrote:Zyurangers sure like spending a lot of time around kids.
This is the one thing that gets me while doing QC on this show. So many children, oh god. But I guess they figured "shit, kids won't know this is for kids unless it's full... OF KIDS! Now give that child a Ferrari. Kids fuckin' love Ferraris."

Either that or there's a forensic psychiatry group somewhere in Tokyo with the team court-ordered to appear so they can learn about boundaries, healthy relationships, and the "A-frame" hug.
wanmoke
Sentai Senshi
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by wanmoke »

dancercotillion wrote:This is the one thing that gets me while doing QC on this show. So many children, oh god. But I guess they figured "shit, kids won't know this is for kids unless it's full... OF KIDS! Now give that child a Ferrari. Kids fuckin' love Ferraris."
I'd just like to keep in mind that Bandora's evil plan usually involves children suffering, so it makes sense that the series shows a lot of kids.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

*the kids open their mouths*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
Yeah, this is kind of the problem about having a magic lamp in an episode but not giving a proper explanation about their powers. At least in disney's Aladdin ir was estabished that you can't wish to kill someone, but here, it all implies that he could do that if they wished for it.
They Zyuurangers are kind of idiots, but that's the old sentai series for you xD
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

To all the people saying the Zyurangers look stupid for not wishing for Jinn to defeat Bandora; you realize that they never really had the lamp, right? They knocked it out of Bukkubakku's hands into the possession of the kids, and before they could talk the kids into giving it up Bandora smashed it. By snapping her fingers.

It doesn't matter whether or not Jinn had any narrative-convenient rules that would stop him from killing Bandora if asked; What's stopping him is how quickly and easily she could shut him down and boot him back up on her side.

But anyway, hooray, new Zyuranger!
Spoiler
Just six more episodes until He arrives...

(And I just imagined Dragon Ranger getting possessed by Momotaros... Great... BRB, Fanfiction dot net.)
Last edited by ReversedSentai on Mon May 14, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added spoiler tags for upcoming episodes of ZyuRanger
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Some laws break you.

wanmoke wrote:I'd just like to keep in mind that Bandora's evil plan usually involves children suffering, so it makes sense that the series shows a lot of kids.
Which brings me to another point. Why is Bandora the bad guy, again? I hate kids, I want to see them suffer, too. Why is this a problem?

Dumbass Zyurangers, Bandora's trying to help! :evil:
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

dancercotillion wrote:
wanmoke wrote:I'd just like to keep in mind that Bandora's evil plan usually involves children suffering, so it makes sense that the series shows a lot of kids.
Which brings me to another point. Why is Bandora the bad guy, again? I hate kids, I want to see them suffer, too. Why is this a problem?

Dumbass Zyurangers, Bandora's trying to help! :evil:
Because you're actually a closet villain. Please, just come out, you'll be much happier.
wanmoke
Sentai Senshi
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by wanmoke »

:P I actually don't like kids merely for the loudness and the screaming and the incessant "Mommy Mommy Mommy/Daddy Daddy Daddy!" and the parents promptly ignoring that. But I believe in the first few episodes Bandora said she loves the sound of a child suffering, thus her status as a villain. We're supposed to keep kids HAPPY, if that's what the show is imparting to us.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Some laws break you.

TheLastTatlFan wrote:Because you're actually a closet villain. Please, just come out, you'll be much happier.
Sir, that's libel. I will cast your bones into the flames of my daemon forge for such words!

...oh. Well, then.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Actually one of the reasons why I enjoy Zyuranger (and hence why QCing for this show is particularly pleasant) are kids. I love kids, especially how Zyuranger presents them (and as mentioned before Bandora does hate them).

The way the kids were "abusing" the genie (yes, they were kind to him but technically it was abuse) was exactly what a kid would do in order to have fun.

Great use of the Zyu sumbol at the end to seal the genie in the lamp - a bit sad to see him have to be sealed but nonetheless he will be safe from Bandora.

Also nice to see some songs from the CD being used, such as in the scene where they were looking for the lamp pieces.
Behold the Emperor!

Return to “Sentai-Kyouryuu Sentai ZyuRanger”